Which Do You Prefer: Air or Th13teen?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Which Do You Prefer : Air Or Th13teen?

Air
45%
Th13teen
55%

Total votes: 112
SuperWill

I like Air because you fly like Superman but I also like Th13teen because of the drop! But which one do I prefer? Well I prefer Air to Th13teen! Air simply beats Th13teen any day! Which coaster do you prefer? Discuss below! :D 
Last edited by SuperWill on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
tallicay2k

Thirteen, cos its amazing during scarefest with the wraiths + the dark and music
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
W@LLI$

In my opinion I think that is a hard question. For the pure reason that they are both very similar. I say this because when I ride them both I get the same feeling. I know Air is probably more thrilling than Th13teen, due to the feeling of flying. However Th13teen always makes me nervous before I get on and I don't know why.

A very hard question! Love them both!

EDIT: TH13TEEN also has a better experience during scarefest! Riding outside and not knowing where your going is pretty damn unnerving.
Last edited by W@LLI$ on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
SamSimkin

Air
F
Wow! The chance to fly, a unique experience! When I pull down the harness there is not one ounce of fear inside me! Time to fly! Woo!

Except, I have ridden air so many times now, I know what's going to happen and when it does, it's never as good as I remember. Don't get me wrong, the experience is the most amazing, incredible feeling of being lifted while lying on your stomach ready to fly.

Air is a ride that isn't supposed to make you scared, it's beautiful.

Th13teen 

Oh ... This looks like a horror movie. Nerves kicking in. Okay, the church is a horrible place, especially with that tesla coil! This ride is an experience, the moment you enter the queue it's telling you that it will be scary, and that carries on right until you leave the station.

The outdoor section is brilliant, especially with just lap bars, wow! That first drop especially. At scarefest you can fully appreciate 13, darkness with the trees surrounding you, spooky!

Then the crypt. You remember that nervous feeling you got in the queue. Every second getting closer to the drop...

In comparison 

You can't say which is better as they set out to do 2 different things, both are brilliant rides which are worth my time.
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
Heisenberg96

Air edges it for me, and that's because of how comfortable it is. The ride runs really smooth and the padding with the restraints makes it an extremely comfortable ride. Thirteen on the other hand is a little awkward - the carriages are a little too small for me, but they're definitely two very difficult rides to compare.
PeteB

I love both coasters, but Air I don't find thrilling and never have. I think that's because it's designed to be graceful and calm. It does it's job well and you get a lovely ride on it.

Th13teen, already been enough said about it but what I do find thrilling is the poop-your-pants drop and backwards section.  Love that. Theming is half decent and there's a cool atmosphere around the ride (be even better if we could get rid of Rita).

Air however is a B&M - I love B&M. Th13teen is an Intamin - I hate Intamin.

Arrrggh it's too hard. I can't choose.  :lol:
Forza_Dan24

I think this is a really tough question to be honest.

I like Air a lot because of the unique experience that it offers. Flying around like superman doing lots of twists and turns will always be fun for me :). Very secure feeling and comfy as well which allows you to focus more on the flying experience (good old B&M). Where it does lack though is theming, doesn't really have a story around it at all, it's just sort of 'there'.

Th13teen has great theming and a nice overall ride experience, especially in the dark as previously mentioned. The indoor drop is always a thrill and the backwards section in the tunnel is also good fun. The downside of Th13teen is that it's not particularly comfortable, the lap bars can easily be made too tight by accident and the seats aren't the most ergonomic. Also the outdoor section is let down by the trims.

Not really much between them in my books. They are after all very different machines, both good and bad in their own right. But if I was forced to make a decision I would say Th13teen over Air purely because it has better theming, is more immersive and appeals to a wider audience.
Smile. Always. :moj
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!
Michelle

Th13teen without question :)
Air is fairly bland as a ride, I HATE the queue line and I dislike the fact there is always spit in the brake run, it also always makes me feel slightly nauseous.
Th13teen was the first ride I followed for the whole construction so I have a bit of a soft spot for it, but I always exit the ride with a smile on my face, the drop and the backwards section get me every time :)
Lee

I know not technically the same ride, but since having ridden swarm, air has become a little meh. As a ride I enjoy it, but the lack of themeing and the industrial feel to it really detracts from my enjoyment. So in this case, I it has to be 13. I agree with Michelle, I never fail to leave her without a smile on my face.
Thorpe Towers 13

Youch Toughie!

Both amazing coasters in my opinion, with amazing yet totally different experiences! Personally I would have to say Air as my favourite, but thirteen is deffo not far behind. The theming of thirteen is fantastic!!! With the creepy music and woodland and crypt, though I would love to experience it at Halloween. Air's theming is  somewhat basic (trees and rocky outcrops) though this suits well with the ride experience of flight through trees and over the ground though some near misses would have been good, yet that is not Air's purpose (unlike Swarm). The drop in 13 took me totally off guard if im honest, even though I knew something was going to happen I had NO idea it was that!
hands in the air and scream!
RCandrew

I personally think they are two VERY different coasters! One you could say is a mine train rollercoaster with a surprise! (An amazing surprise) and the other a thrilling inverted coaster! (Although more smooth)!
Air is an inverted thrill coaster and although its not that scary, it is amazingly smooth! Your supposed to be flying so it works perfectly and Isn't meant to be scary!
Thirteen is a family coaster and has amazing scary theming at parts, and although the track is basic, the drop is an amazing worlds first! That just makes the whole ride in an amazing way completely different from anything air does!
I personally think you can't compare them and have a winner because they are so different but both equally good in different ways :) :lol: long post ;)
SuperWill

Keep up the voting guys! I am now going to add a poll to this topic! :)

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
DontLookDown

Air (Or A.I.R as it stands for Ariel Inversion Ride, never can remember which one :O ) is SO much more comfortable :D x
Transgender and proud :D
bensaund

We have a difference of opinion in our house.

For me Th13teen, due to theme, the drop, its fun for all the family and I can re-ride as many times as I can.

For my partner, he loves Air. When we went a few years ago and he loved it, he said "When did this open" I coughed and said 5 years ago. "You mean I have missed out on this for the last 5 years!" LOL

Until Saturday, I would say Th13teen is my favourite ride in the park. Will Dr Kelman correct this view at the weekend....
If you go down to the woods today
tallicay2k

Michelle wrote: Th13teen without question :)
Air is fairly bland as a ride, I HATE the queue line and I dislike the fact there is always spit in the brake run, it also always makes me feel slightly nauseous.
Th13teen was the first ride I followed for the whole construction so I have a bit of a soft spot for it, but I always exit the ride with a smile on my face, the drop and the backwards section get me every time :)
I agree with the whole of your post Michelle.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Martin Gregory

After my experience monday of losing £10 in change on air god knows how I will say Thirteen lol.

In all reality though Air I do not class as a coaster it has no fear factor but is great for slicing through the wind its a weird feeling. (I think the themeing does not help much) Forbidden Valley is the wrong marketing plan for it.

Thirteen has the greatest theming the way you queue through the desolate woods and the way you enter the crypt and darkness. The suprise element is good but once done loses its novelty.

But in all thirteen for me love the full experience.
broco101

I voted for Air because I think the ride itself is better than Th13teen. However As an experience what with the theming and location, Th13teen is much better. If they incorporated Air into a more futuristic area of the park then it would be a much better experience. As I and many people have said before there was, and is so much scope for a ride like air but unfortunately Towers haven't taken advantage of this. That is all I have to say  8)
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/8378-fletcherniscfc/"]Image[/url]
Whoguru5

Air. while i love the theme of th13teen the thrills on air are imo better and it always gives off a really peaceful feel with the music and the way you fly.

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
JammyBand

Definately Th13teen. The theming is fantastic with the whole building a crypt with trees and vines crawling up the side, and the indoor queueline section is great, with the fading lights, creepy voice and tesla coil. The station is well themed also, and builds up the tension. The first part of the ride is slightly disappointing (due to those fricking trims) but provides loads of airtime!  :D Some of the transitions are fun, though, and its quite a nice ride. Then you go up the lift hill into the crypt. The main thing about the crypt which I like is the smell! It smells musty and old, and the hooded figures, along with low lighting and the scaffolding makes it seem very sinister, and you know something is going to happen. There is the audio, which creakes and cracks as the train jolts downwards. You think that is it, but suddenly you freefall towards the ground which makes my stomach fly and surprises me everytime. (Airtime as well!) After just a second, the hooded figures light up green, and you are propelled backwards, tumbling and turning. I love how it isnt just a straight helix; its got bumps and small hills in it too. You suddenly realize you are laughing helplessly and then you are released back into sunlight. The final little touch is an unnecessary launch forwards back into the station.
"Exit, to the right" is said by the menacing voice, and signals the end of your journey.
I have been lucky enough to bring two unsuspecting victims onto the ride with me on two different occasions, who knew nothing about the drop.  :lol: I ADORE Th13teen. I'm not sure why, but the whole experience is REALLY well done in my opinion. I didnt follow the construction of it and I did know about the secret before I rode it, yet it always make me laugh and smile and think,
"What an amazing ride!"
Although he was not really involved with Th13teen, John Wardley would be proud, as it takes you on a journey, unlike that monstrosity of a coaster next to it.
MiniBlivvy

I definitely prefer air, mainly because I'm terrified of Thirteen. It's not the theming that scares me, but the freefall drop, and the fact I think I'm going to fall out due to the lapbars. I find air more fun, and much more unique overall, as it's much easier to find rides with the freefall feeling than the flying feeling.
Oblivion, Th13teen, Hex, Air, Nemesis -SURVIVED