Which Do You Prefer: Air or Th13teen?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Which Do You Prefer : Air Or Th13teen?

Air
45%
Th13teen
55%

Total votes: 112
Thorpe Towers 13

Both are great rides and have their + and -. Last time I was there I would definatley say Th13teen was better! It was fast, smooth and tbh great fun! Air was slow, bit rattly, not as smooth as ive known it and didnt open till later on! :( Anyone know if there is something wrong with Air? But out of the two...id say 13. Its got atmosphere (even though theres the whole thing on storyline etc), theming, fun ride etc.
hands in the air and scream!
audiobookman

for me and the wife 13 beats air, infact air is the only ride ive come to detest over time.
ive spent many hours of my life waiting to get on the ride only for it to break down, infact i think its us that causes the breakdowns, in the last 3 years we have been stuck twice and only ridden it 3 times.
on a normal coaster if it breaks at least your in the seated position, on air that position becomes very very uncomfortable very quickly, i have never worried about riding coaster until air, now i just worry im going to be stuck looking at the floor for another 20 mins.

its a shame as its the only b&m design i really avoid now.
Lefty103

I prefer Th13teen. The drops are more exciting and their is a dark area. so if you was not a roller coaster enthusiast that drop can come to a surprise. Plus it might be more to the fact ive been on Air plenty of times and i am quit bored of it
Crafty

I personally have a soft spot in my heart for both Air and Th13teen - while the group I typically go to the park with dislike 13 and find it incredibly boring, I don't think they appreciate that its a family ride and all about atmosphere - it's more of a journey with a surprise ending.

Air for me would be my favorite of the two - I don't get why some people dislike it. I find it so refreshing compared to other rides, its very smooth and the way the track interacts with the queue line is fantastic imo - especially the lift hill going right over the top of the path.
Jack

I am shocked to see so many people saying that TH13TEEN is the better ride :shock:

How do you even compare them in the first place? I mean, Air is meant to be the sensation of flying and th13teen is just meant to be a coaster with a drop gimmick, and yet your able to compare them, comparing these two is like comparing water with a table, you just can't find a way to do it.

So I'm staying neutral for this :) (ignore my earlier comment, I wasn't thinking that well at the time)
Katherine

To be fair, I like both of the rides. However Thirteen's theming is maintained through the whole ride, with the indoor section as well, alongside the inside of the station is very well themed as well. On the other hand, Air is very relaxing, but It's also good fun and not TOO intense. If I had to make a decision though I'd choose Thirteen just because of the theming.
Hello Tom

I thought Th13teen was a bit of a non-event save for the drop section. I'm going to have to go with Air.