The Smiler - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
SwEDEN

I will crawl back into my hole now......... :oops:  *crawls back into hole*
deeve

I dont remember air having such a fuss is this coaster.
SwEDEN

Hey guys what do you estimate throughput to of been today?
mac359

Wow! So happy to see the ride we've been waiting for 2 years to finally open 8). I'll be there on Monday, can someone estimate how long the queue will be? Considering its in school time and a day after the end of half term? Thanks :-)
Smile Always!
Zach

Being there today...sprinting from the main gate to the smiler at 9am and getting in the first 16 to be on the first train simply the best feeling ever :D I met some amazing people while queuing, mexi wave failed haha but we cheered for every little movement even save and his ketchup :P the atmosphere was amazing, the slow controlled walk to the entrance indoor section was great to experience and then the 3D mapping in the indoor section, then a station full of hosts and ppl in suits awaited the first 16 the coaster itself was awesome truly marmilising and if I'm aloud nemmy has been relieved of her thrown :shock: then more effect after crocuses you on your way to the shop to be greeted by more suits asking of our experience loved every second....one to tell the grandchildren 
Evostance

Looking at a few of the videos, I get the impression that the track size etc is on the scale of something like a B&M?
Not sure why, but I always imagined the track etc to be the size of 13's, but with a tri-rail :lol:
N3m3s1s

Evostance wrote: Looking at a few of the videos, I get the impression that the track size etc is on the scale of something like a B&M?
Not sure why, but I always imagined the track etc to be the size of 13's, but with a tri-rail :lol:
The track is huge. Really, you cannot begin to imagine scale and size until you see it in real life!
Zach

Has anyone seen a picture front the front of the que  outside the X-sector taken early this morning of the first 16 it was uploaded somewhere but don't know where help anyone???
dazza4783

Evostance wrote: Looking at a few of the videos, I get the impression that the track size etc is on the scale of something like a B&M?
Yeh i've always thought that the eurofighter track always looks a lot bigger in real life. When you think though that the trains are 4 across then you know that the track is going to be pretty wide anyway.
Balb0wa

ATfanatic wrote: Being there today...sprinting from the main gate to the smiler at 9am and getting in the first 16 to be on the first train simply the best feeling ever :D I met some amazing people while queuing, mexi wave failed haha but we cheered for every little movement even save and his ketchup :P the atmosphere was amazing, the slow controlled walk to the entrance indoor section was great to experience and then the 3D mapping in the indoor section, then a station full of hosts and ppl in suits awaited the first 16 the coaster itself was awesome truly marmilising and if I'm aloud nemmy has been relieved of her thrown :shock: then more effect after crocuses you on your way to the shop to be greeted by more suits asking of our experience loved every second....one to tell the grandchildren
I think you were behind me in the annual pass entrance queue, and you did sprint! i made the 2nd train :-)

Last edited by Balb0wa on Fri May 31, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ilyAlton

Self-Duelling! Called it!

Scourfield

Did anyone see John Wardley on park today?
krug

Does the innoculator get you wet?  Was it even working?, not seen any pics of that yet.
Are there spiraling lights in the tunnel like the TV advert?
Can't wait to ride her ;)
Last edited by krug on Fri May 31, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sixstringhotshot88

man i can't wait to ride this.
Balb0wa

i want to re ride it, its that intense, and i was on the front, you dont know where your going or which way up you are, awesome ride.
AndreJD

ilyAlton wrote: Self-Duelling! Called it!
Oh come on we all thought it was self duelling when the plans first came out showing 2 lift hills, and it was essentially confirmed when the first NoLimits recreations went up by Nemesis94 and a few others. In other words back in 2012.

Krug the Inoculator is working, it sprays a denser looking steam at you but doesn't really get you wet. It was working today.
ilyAlton

AndreJD wrote:
ilyAlton wrote: Self-Duelling! Called it!
Oh come on we all thought it was self duelling when the plans first came out showing 2 lift hills, and it was essentially confirmed when the first NoLimits recreations went up by Nemesis94 and a few others. In other words back in 2012.

Krug the Inoculator is working, it sprays a denser looking steam at you but doesn't really get you wet. It was working today.
Some people disagreed when I posted that, so I just thought I was kinda alone in thinking it. Obviously not, I wasn't around on the forums in 2012:(
RCT3Bross

I really hope I can go this year. The Smiler looks awesome and I have no words to explain it. I can't wait to get corrected on that.
It doesn't seem like the special entry (Single, disable, fastrack) was open on the pictures. Did it open later on the day?
Balb0wa

RCT3Bross wrote: I really hope I can go this year. The Smiler looks awesome and I have no words to explain it. I can't wait to get corrected on that.
It doesn't seem like the special entry (Single, disable, fastrack) was open on the pictures. Did it open later on the day?
we were the first lot on, we had to follow the dude , we queued up outside the smiler entrance from 9-12 , then they opened the smiler, we followed the dude round the queue line, was a nice steady walk, was great taking it all in, walking under the ride
RCandrew

Anyone who rode it today;
Is the airtime hill as AMAZING as it looks?
Do you really loose where you are on the ride (get disorientate)?
I can't wait!
;) :D