ID for hotel?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
RubyGaga

My girlfriend and I were planning on staying overnight at the Alton towers hotel, it dosent say on the website that there is an age limit, and the age for an 'adult' on the ticket prices is 12, so I was wondering if anybody here could tell me if there is an age limit? Or if there are any ways we could stay anyway? (We're both 17)

Image ImageImageImage
jayson2125

I know a group of girls went for their 16th birthday nobody stopped them.

You should be able to book the hotel but you will not be able to buy any alcohol.

If you don't want to take the chance the best bet is to ring the helpline

Hope that helps

Many many thanks to Lewis97 for my signature file.
mattallennet

I don't think you'll have trouble. Remember that you're a confident, mature, adult, paying customer and you'll be fine. Appear that way and why would they think otherwise?

They aren't likely to ask for ID when you check in and you don't have to show anything with your DOB on it.

Once you've checked in you won't be bothered by the staff unless you try to buy booze.

Hope you have a great stay!
RubyGaga

Thanks for the replies :)

Image ImageImageImage
RCandrew

Just thought I'd say, me and my girlfriend are 16 and booked for July, we phoned up before booking and were told it was completely fine as we are over 16 and we just need identification of the payers card and stuff (nothing to do with age), so it's fine :)