Alton Towers Resort - Food and Beverage

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
badlydrawnkel

Pizza/Pasta buffet in Splash Landings during lunch is great! You get icecream too!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Kelbel - Feedback Forum \'10
jackf1tz

Can't comment on AT's, but pizza and pasta at Warwick castle is fantastic, but I do love eastern express in mutiny bay. Worst is fried chicken co. in x sector.
Robert.W

Explorers Pizza Pasta in Katanga. Canyon is pure rubbish, same with Towers Street Bar and Woodcutters Bar and Grill. One place I did actually enjoy was Eastern Express in Mutiny Bay though. And apparently X-Sector's Fried Chicken was ok too.

Dungeon-X-Smile

I'm not sure if this counts but there is the most amazing farm shop/restaurant incredibly close to Alton Towers. It's lovely and does a great Sunday lunch/Sunday baps.
Liam.W

saw-x-smile wrote:I'm not sure if this counts but there is the most amazing farm shop/restaurant incredibly close to Alton Towers. It's lovely and does a great Sunday lunch/Sunday baps.
Oooh what's it called?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Dungeon-X-Smile

Liam.W wrote:
saw-x-smile wrote:I'm not sure if this counts but there is the most amazing farm shop/restaurant incredibly close to Alton Towers. It's lovely and does a great Sunday lunch/Sunday baps.
Oooh what's it called?
Denstone Hall,
http://www.denstonehall.co.uk/
hursty

I've always been curious about Denstone Hall whilst passing by with a Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin...!
Dungeon-X-Smile

Trust me, it's well worth a stop. Especially on Sunday where they do a full roast and baps. The baps are great for days at Alton Towers... Just sooo delicious!!
Justin

The best places to eat, in my opinion (inc. hotels) are The Rollercoaster Restaurant, Crooked Spoon and Woodcutters. Fried Chicken isn't too bad either. Worst, CCL Burger Kitchen, Flambos and generally any FB stand (apart from Pancakes)!
Robert.W

I don't know if this technically counts, but Alton Towers always has good donuts, as long as there fresh and not prepared in advance, because they aren't as nice when they're cold.

jackf1tz

I've always thought the best FB stands were in Mutiny Bay, and I've always enjoyed my food whenever I've got it in mutiny bay. My favourite overall restaurants are the Rollercoaster Restaurant, Emporer's Bar and Grill, and the Woodcutters. My worst are Fried Chicken Co, Burger Kitchen (CCL) and (Unpopular Opinion Alert) Any Donut stall other than Nemices.
Robert.W

Actually Jack, I do prefer the donuts from Nemesis, but only slightly. And if I'm honest, there is probably no actual difference between the different locations anyway.

Justin

There are places I avoid, but that is because I've felt unwell after. This is just me though and every FB outlet should be meeting a minimum standard. They should be much of a much.
Robert.W

Justin, it wasn't the Burger Kitchen in CCL that made you feel unwell by any chance?

Justin

Let's say that is one place I won't eat! :)
jackf1tz

[-( [-( [-(
hursty

Had a burger at Woodcutters the other weekend, and it looks as if they have lowered the quality of the meat patty in it.

Not sure if it is about generating more profit, or having to deal with rising costs of ingredients, but not an encouraging trend!
Bert

A good place for a treat, Nitrogenie

Best resturant I've been to, Rollercoaster Reastuarant

Worst resturant, CCL Burger Kitchen, It would be better if that closed or coverted into another restuarant. (Or another Nitrogenie!)
[Insert Signature Here]
Justin

A few updates on Alton's feed featuring the new look F&B outlets...

img]https://i.imgur.com/CyJPe40.jpg[/img]

Bert

Can anyone explain to me why Katanga Canyon has a Greek themed restaurant and X-Sector has a 50’s themed restaurant it’s looks really out of place.

I get they wanted to rebrand and all that but why did they change the themes of the restaurants? Don’t they own these brands anyway?
[Insert Signature Here]