Alton Towers Resort Merchandise

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nickolai

The Alton Towers clothing seems to be getting more and more fashionable and blending in with trends which I love!
Formally Smiler313
AltonOperator

Bexa wrote:The Oblivion pin looks really good. 
By the by, how much are pins generally?
Pins are usually £4 except closed rides which are usually £4.50 and pins on sale which can be £1.50 to £3 ish. the rollercoaster restaurant pin has been £1.50 for ages

I hope all this new merch becomes available on the online shop soon.
Thanks Jack
Piplup2003

Have y'all seen the Power Of The Towers hoodies? I need one!
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.
Justin

Yes, there are hoodies, magnets, pens, keyrings, pin badges and notebooks too!

Piplup2003

*throws all my money at Alton*
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.
Laviathan

Hi, does anybody have one of the old staff badges "Delivering the Magic" that I could purchase from them please, it would be about 25yrs old, I've attached a picture thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DeadJack5 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
hursty

I do really like these Power of the Towers pin badges. I think it's because they're a more compact size and not overcomplicated - they feel much more like a staff pin.
Without the card mount they do also feel like they could have been for staff!
Justin

Quite possibly. It certainly has that feel, especially when the 'STRONG' pins were mounted on a card. I've always had the feeling the the RCR pins should have been for staff at some point too!

I'm not sure what to make about the Power merchandise. Apart from the pin, I don't think I'll be buying anything else!
Ladyofthelake

I really like the Power of the Towers pin and do agree it does very much seem like it may have been originally intended as a staff pin badge.

It is good to see the range of pins expanded and although they're not all to my taste (which is actually a good thing as there is no way I could afford to buy them all :lol ) It's great that Merlin have recognised that they are a popular item to stock and therefore worth taking the time to produce a decent range of pins :)
DeadJack5

I was never a fan of pin badges, I never felt the buzz for them really but now I do collect some. I don't collect every single one but do collect the ones which are of rides I enjoy or some which are different. This Power Of The Towers pin isn't exactly my thing and don't particularly like it too much but it definitely looks like something intended for staff!

I also love the new pins which represent old rides! Pins like the Ripsaw one do really bring back the memories of riding these in the past and just look great! So more of these would be great :)
Justin

I think it is important to just collect the ones you like, otherwise it becomes a very demanding and expensive hobby.

I do go for special pins though, such as the Power of the Towers, as they will be rare!
AltonOperator

Its great that they're making so many different ones as there's definitely something for everyone's tastes and interests.
Thanks Jack
Michelle

I really love the Power of the Towers pin badge , I've always thought the staff badges are much better and this definitely looks like one.

I think I used to want to collect every badge, but now Merlin are producing more, I'm treating it more like Disney pins so I will only buy the ones I really like now. Especially now the price is higher than previous.
Ladyofthelake

Michelle wrote:I really love the Power of the Towers pin badge , I've always thought the staff badges are much better and this definitely looks like one.

I think I used to want to collect every badge, but now Merlin are producing more, I'm treating it more like Disney pins so I will only buy the ones I really like now. Especially now the price is higher than previous.
Totally agree with this. We need more badges designed in the same way as the staff badges are!
I'm the same in that I used to want to collect all the badges, but now I'm only buying the ones I like and the ones that represent something to me (e.g. if a rie has certain memories attached to it, or if I've dedicated a significant amount of time to covering it for TTSP like I did with Wicker Man). I'm treating the pins much more like I do when I visit foreign parks now in that I have to buy them for a reason and not for the sake of it - for example last year I got pins for Fury 325, Mystic Timbers, and Steel Vengeance as those were three of my favourites rides on my trip, and this year I will similarly only buy pins for the rides that I enjoy the most. It's too easy to fall down the rabbit hole of buying all the pins!
Tom170499

It’s my first season as a MAP holder and I was never one for pin badges, but I found myself purchasing the generic Alton Towers 2019 badge and The Smiler (with it being my favourite ride) and I feel that’s enough for my lanyard. I couldn’t be one of those people who have a full lanyard of them as they’d irritate me too much when the swivel upside down :lol:
TowersJuice

I'm just starting a new pin collection for theme parks, I personally love the pins which have roller coaster track in such as the Thorpe Park Nemesis Inferno and Stealth pins and though I do like the Alton Towers ones where they just have the name of the ride, I think it would be better if a unique piece of track for the ride was on the pin. For example, Oblivion having its drop (Maybe they can make it so you can move the rollercoaster train up and down). 

I just think these pins would look a lot more special and unique to the pins they have now.
Morgan

Alton Towers have issued a product recall on some of their 3D Wicker Man mugs.
wamdue

I dont know if anyone is interested but my sister is getting rid of an Alton Towers Bear she got from the Hotel around about 2002.
SilverWisp

ImageHi guys, I was just wondering whether this badge was worth the £3.00 I paid for it. I believe that this is the original Galactica Pin Badge from 2016 and I think it was limited edition. I might be wrong, but I'm new here and I have over 30 pin badges on my lanyard and this is my latest one! Also, if anyone has any Alton Towers pin badges aside from the one shown above that I can bid up to £5.00 for on Ebay that would be good too since I'm going to collect some AT pin badges. 
~S.W (SilverWisp) A.K.A MJ
Liam.W

Alton pin badges tend to retail for £4.50 per badge so £3 is good. 

If you're wanting more pin badges either buy them directly from the online shop, or just search "Alton Towers Pin Badge" on eBay.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!