Alton Towers Resort Merchandise

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Zach

Please if anyone can help I'm looking for help in getting hold of one of the original Nemesis badges from the 90's , I look on eBay everyday but hoped somewhere someone may have one for sale
Last edited by Zach on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpe Towers 13

Last year all I saw was key rings of rides, was looking for pin badges! Got some from when I first went (Nemesis, Oblivion, Air) But have been keeping an eye out for others. Are they on general sale now?
Last edited by Thorpe Towers 13 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hands in the air and scream!
Zach

Thorpe Towers 13 wrote: Last year all I saw was key rings of rides, was looking for pin badges! Got some from when I first went (Nemesis, Oblivion, Air) But have been keeping an eye out for others. Are they on general sale now?
There were all of the great 6 on pin badges been sold last year in towers trading, so yes general sale
Thorpe Towers 13

Perhaps I am just blind  :shock: thanks though :)
hands in the air and scream!
Easy_For_Ed

Got my smiler pin badge last july :moj
CoventryBee

I have The Smiler one and it sits on my work jacket just underneath the 'Sainsbury's' logo, looks like a sponser haha.
samandmelvin66

WOW I didn't even know they sold pin badges. Guess I just always headed straight to the photos
Zach

samandmelvin66 wrote: WOW I didn't even know they sold pin badges. Guess I just always headed straight to the photos
Of course they do! If I knew how to upload a pic on here I'd show you my decade stretching collection :P
Burniel

TheSmilerMan wrote:
samandmelvin66 wrote: WOW I didn't even know they sold pin badges. Guess I just always headed straight to the photos
Of course they do! If I knew how to upload a pic on here I'd show you my decade stretching collection :P
Upload it to a free photo sharing site (tinypic, photobucket etc) and copy the image code over. I'd love to see a picture!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Zach

Here you go :) just a few there :)
Danny

Why are they so expensive?!?!
Tom.B

DannyG wrote: Why are they so expensive?!?!
I was thinking the same thing myself, but perhaps they were limited edition, or old ones which they don't sell any more. (The AT one says Tussauds on it, and as Merlin own it now, I doubt they'd sell them.) If there's a pack of a good few online, I might buy them and put on my MAP lanyard I should get with my premium privilege pack.
Zach

Because they aren't sold anymore and are old ones to die hard badges collector  or AT nerds these are collectible. the nemesis one is old I believe early 2000's and the AT is rare as it has tussauds on it
ATM

Whoever paid £15 for that Nemesis badge got severely ripped off (in my opinion). It's not even the original logo from the 90s and is relatively recent. You can buy similar in the gift shop nowadays.
Zach

ATM wrote: Whoever paid £15 for that Nemesis badge got severely ripped off (in my opinion). It's not even the original logo from the 90s and is relatively recent. You can buy similar in the gift shop nowadays.

I agree ATM
DavidRock

TheSmilerMan wrote: Please if anyone can help I'm looking for help in getting hold of one of the original Nemesis badges from the 90's , I look on eBay everyday but hoped somewhere someone may have one for sale
I do have the original nemesis pin badge of the actual nemesis monster and not the late 90s early 2000s one with just the ride name. It's the only pin badge I have so it's not going anywhere.

Just tried to google image a pic of it but they are showing only the ride name one. I would take a pic but due to building work at home at the min my bedroom is all in storage at the min.

Iwhile at Disney last year I saw a lot of starter kits being sold and staff encouraged to swap ones with collectors at all their parks. Would be good if staff did this at alton if possible.
KevBales

To be fair a collector will probably spend what it takes to get those missing few from his/her collection. That Nemesis one is around 10 years old now as well as the old Resort logo so maybe they were desperate to get them. I'm hoping for a Nemesis 20th anniversary one this new season  :D
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."
Zach

Completely agree there kev! Anything for that piece to add to the collection! Im also hoping for and if so I'll be buying a few of them!!!
KevBales

I just hope the Towers think about doing more badges, I've always wanted them to do a Scarefest one  :) I've got quite a big collection of pin badges going back to the early 90's, I've been quite lucky to get hold of two Nemesis pin badges from 1994 - if I see any more come up on eBay I'll post the link for you!
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."