Alton Towers Resort Merchandise

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
KevBales

It's great to see the park getting more pin badges in again, there's an Air one out now too! Won't be long till a new 13 and Rita badge hopefully. Shame they haven't done one for Rita at 10 years. I've also asked the park to produce one for Scarefest with the special Resort logo for that time of year ;)
Morgan

Got any pics? I'd love to see what it's like, can't wait till May to find out!
hursty

What are people's thoughts on the size of the new pin badges?
ROYJESS

I personally don't like the new size but Jess loves them

When I tried to purchase these on Sunday, with the exception of the Smiler badge, all the badges were available in the main shop near the turn styles whilst the Smiler badge was only available in the Smiler shop.

On my next visit I will check out the Rita and Th13teen shop to see if they have any pin badges.

Roy :D
KevBales

The only other 'big' pin badge they had made was the original silver Nemesis monster badge. Other than that all the other pin badges have been really small - including the staff ones. Personally it's nice to have a variety of sizes although they do look very big next to the others in my collection!

Anyone else think they should bring button badges back to the park? I think they went out of fashion in the 90's but it was one of the main forms of merchandise in the 80's and 90's! What do you think?
Zach

hursty wrote:What are people's thoughts on the size of the new pin badges?
Personally I think they're are nice great designs however a bit big and clunky to wear on a lanyard and quite heavy when you put all of them together although on the staff they really do stand out, which I suppose from a marketing point of view works.
KevBales

True, I wouldn't wear them on a lanyard, but they do look nice displayed on a board with the others.
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."
Morgan

My thoughts exactly!
When/if I purchase, they shall be pinned up on a notice board :)
S.J_O'Grady

I don't know where I'm going to put mine. I actually only have the main logo one at the moment but I plan to start up a little collection! I particularly like the limited edition ones!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
toofpikk

My collection is getting rather big now, actually.
At this current moment, I have:
Angry birds land staff exclusive
Nemesis sub terra
Make a wish star
The swarm triangle
The swarm grenade
Neme21s
MMW 5 years balloon
MMW mascot
Heide park
Alton towers (2013)
Alton towers 2015
Thorpe park
London eye
oblivion (2013)
MAP Premium
obilivion 2015
Air 2015
London dungeons
Smiler 2014
Windsor safari park

Those are on my lanyard, off of my lanyard I have:
Vampire 1994
London 2012 olympics
Space mountain mission 2 (2014)
Staff broach annual pass badge (2013)
Ask me about an annual pass broach (thorpe park 2015)
MMW plain

I am looking to collect:
Thirteen pin badge
Rita pin badge
Air (small) pin badge
all chessington ones.
I'm not sure where the best place to ask is to find these but I have nearly given up with ebay. I check it endlessly and I would happily pay a good price for them. You see, I am collection them to absolutely fill my lanyard as I have a bet going with a friend that whoever gets the most by the end of season gets the others collection, and I'd like to win... In style.
Aidan Lowe

So there was an angry parent on FB (seen a few of these lately) where the parents have kids who collect these and staff refuse to exchange badges.

Parents banding together complaining about this, question is don't some of these staff buy these badges themselves and is there anything saying they have to trade badges with guests?

I personally don't see the fascination with badge collecting so don't understand why its such a big deal these kids were denied.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
SPAD

its the pop badges that they are all getting nasty over - seen quite a few arguments on the trading groups on facebook

on another note, does anyone have an Angry Birds Land badge they would be prepared to trade or swap with me please, only one i am missing this year and i havent been able to find a nice staff member who would trade with me =(
HarCor97

Hello
I have recently started collecting badges from many theme parks, and was wondering there were any badges that you, the community no longer want, or would not mind giving up to a new starter. I would be very appreciative of any badge! If not, advice on how to go about collecting them would also be welcome!
Many thanks!
toofpikk

I started by asking around my nerd friends and seeing if anyone had any spares. They did, and so I started collecting. I then started buying the ones available and made deals with staff members who came to know me from my regular visits to parks, and every now and again buy ones I really want from ebay.
S.J_O'Grady

I was hoping to get hold of some limited edition pin badges today but checked every shop and can't find any! Does anyone know what happened to them?! Now my collection will never be complete :(
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Dom

The Sky Sailor wrote:I was hoping to get hold of some limited edition pin badges today but checked every shop and can't find any! Does anyone know what happened to them?! Now my collection will never be complete :(
I noticed that today too. The only badges I could actually see were in Towers Trading and were the ride me badge and the AT badge. There were no ride badges anyway
toofpikk

Finally took a picture of my collection!
In Descending order..:
Swarm Grenade
Th13teen
The London Dungeons
Heide Park
1990 Vampire
2014 London eye
2015 London Eye
Big Air
Kowalski Junior Penguins of Madagascar
2015 Alton Towers
Small Thorpe Park
We Take Ownership Staff Star
2014 The Smiler
201(3/4?) Alton Towers
Windsor Safari Park
The Swarm
I'm A celebrity x2
Splash Landings staff
Merlins Magic Wand
Ride Me
2014 Oblivion
Neme21s
5 Years MMW
2015 Oblivion
Thorpe Park
Angry Birds Land Staff
Nemesis Sub Terra
I Vote Fun Premium Pass Holder
Alton Towers Heart Staff
MMW Mascot
Vintage Chessington Logo (if anyone could tell me how old this one is, baring in mind it is textured and not sealed over with a protective plastic layer, I'd love to know!)
Make A wish Star

Ones I am looking for!
Enchanted Village
Rita
Neme21s staff
Vampire 2000's
ROYJESS

Jess was given this staff badge from a member of staff on our last visit on the last day of this season. It's a make a wish badge and it says "....and we made it fun"

This has been added to her lanyard with her other collection.
Zach

ROYJESS wrote:Jess was given this staff badge from a member of staff on our last visit on the last day of this season. It's a make a wish badge and it says "....and we made it fun"

It's not a make a wish badge, it's a Star Award badge, staff are given them as a recognition of achievement for something they've done. There are five different badges staff are given in connection to the the 5 categories staff can be awarded for.
definedancing

ROYJESS wrote:Jess was given this staff badge from a member of staff on our last visit on the last day of this season. It's a make a wish badge and it says "....and we made it fun"

Its a star award badge, given out after receiving star nominations from staff or guests. Surprised she gave it to you, unless it was their last day or they had duplicates.