2013 Bus Timetables

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Adam

Hello people. The Alton Towers Transport department has taken a HUGE cut this year, as you can see on their new bus timetables (View here / Download Here)

I would also suggest looking up the First buses 32A service, which also runs to Alton Towers Resort. (View Here.)

Both services run daily, with slight changes on Sundays, until the end of the Theme Park season.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Liam B

well that's terrible! gonna need to get a taxi now!!
starbugger1303

It may be terrible for you think of the 15 + drivers that after working  there 10 + that got made redundant
Adam

The one thing I would say, from speaking to the bus drivers is that as of tomorrow, the service that used to be the 14 (Stoke, Hanley, Cheadle to Towers) will no longer send 2 buses on busy days. So if the bus fills up (and it will) at Stoke Station or Hanley, it simply wont pick up at any other stops on the way towards towers. Including Cheadle, where many staff members rely on the service to get to and from work. Bad news for staff, and guests, basically bad news for everyone really.

And yes it's true, many many drivers have been made redundant. As far as I'm aware only a skeleton staff of around 6 remain, from a staff of over 20. And all the good, newer buses have already been sold off.
Benji

So does that mean no service from uttoxeter train station as well?

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
Adam

Yes, unfortunately, Alton Towers Transport no longer offers any services to or from Uttoxeter.
Hmv

Unfortunately this is just the way a business operates, the transport team were running at a massive loss. I agree it is. Shame for everyone involved but I'd rather the company I work for be protecting profits and therefore my job in the long run  :? Also I believe the transport team has been taken over by first or at least this is what has been said at work.
DavidRock

*******HELP NEEDED ********

Guys I've booked my train ticket just as I was told by transport that ten 7:20am service was being run..... Now it's not on Daturday....so I'm having trouble getting to he meet.....

Can someone tell me wheer Hanley Bus Station is please the ... As ill have to get from Stoke Train Station to there and then get the 32 to Alton Towers.

I do feel gutted for the transport department and i wish them all the best.....this is my only way of getting to Alton Towers.....

Also how much is the 32 bus ????  I can't really afford a taxi tomorrow....

Many thanks in advance people....
Adam

There is still a service that picks up at Stoke Station. It's at 9:27.
nicolah

I am married to one of them drivers it's sad but thankfully the other half still has his job
nicola hunter
nicolah

Hmv really ???? Check your facts before you spout if untrue status
nicola hunter
Pennywise

What. A. Joke.

I guess I'll be cutting down on visits to Towers until I can drive now then - getting a taxi costs a fortune.
DavidRock

Adam wrote: There is still a service that picks up at Stoke Station. It's at 9:27.
Could still get this one ....problem is I'm getting into stoke train station at 6:50am so it's gonna be a loooooong wait.....plus I miss the ERT which is always a bonus

I'd just like to thank the transport team for the last 3 years of travel and wish the old team and the current team all the best
Jackaroo

Always relied on the Uttoxeter Bus service... but now.... Nothing :|

Shame now that its even harder to get to Alton Towers for the general public via transport.

I can see that 9.27am bus from Stoke being a fight to get on! Then lots of complaints.. but hey, as you say, it business at the end of the day!
LPAJ13

Adam wrote: Hello people. The Alton Towers Transport department has taken a HUGE cut this year, as you can see on their new bus timetables (View here / Download Here)

I would also suggest looking up the First buses 32A service, which also runs to Alton Towers Resort. (View Here.)

Both services run daily, with slight changes on Sundays, until the end of the Theme Park season.
I thought my eyes were not deciving me when I saw it :( Could be a bad move.
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work
Heisenberg96

Really poor transport systems to Alton Towers, without a car it's virtually inaccessible. I say reopen the station!
themealgang

This is absolutely appalling. Despite being able to drive myself, I have always taken the bus and train route when descending on Alton Towers- it's just so much easier and causes less stress as I only passed my test recently. The fact they have now axed the service from Uttoxeter is absolutely shocking as this appeared to be the most popular and always got us to the theme park in good time. Now, I will have to rely on the Stoke bus which takes much longer and also appears to run at an awkward time.

I hope Towers see some sense and get their transport services back up to last years standard soon. Also, it looks like Uttoxeter station may see the removal of those 'Alight here for Alton Towers' signs now...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
snakey904

they haven't axed the bus from Uttoxeter at all its just a couple of times you got to be aware off if you miss it and well have got a two hour wait ,
Benji wrote: So does that mean no service from uttoxeter train station as well?
yes there is a bus that picks you up from the station too but only two before 10am thou 3 if you count sundays
lozzyhickers

snakey904 wrote: they haven't axed the bus from Uttoxeter at all its just a couple of times you got to be aware off if you miss it and well have got a two hour wait ,
Benji wrote: So does that mean no service from uttoxeter train station as well?
yes there is a bus that picks you up from the station too but only two before 10am thou 3 if you count sundays
They have axed all uttoxeter bus services, it's only the First service that runs now.
peterjones1

Dreadful news for those who have lost their jobs and a real hammerblow to those of us who depend on public transport. I have always used the service from Stoke station, my concern is that now the 9.27 is the only real viable option for most people (anyone travelling any sort of significant distance to Stoke isn't likely to make the really early service, and even if they can, they face a huge wait for the park to open) and when that inevitably gets rammed a lot of people could end up left behind. The 32A from Hanley isn't a bad option but if you are one of the unlucky ones who misses out on the 9.27 you've got an extra 2 hour wait plus the added expense of having to get to Hanley bus station - if you're just going for the day then that's pretty much game over as far as any significant time in the park goes. Obviously taxi's also an option but very costly unless there's enough people to split the cost.

Getting back will be interesting too with hoardes of people converging on the 17.00 service, at least there's a 32A within 40 minutes or so to ease that burden.