How has Nemesis Sub Terra fitted in?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
MintAlton

One year on how do you think it's settled in to the park?

Personally I thought it was a good ride for what it is
Last edited by MintAlton on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JaykeAT

Since the changes,it has been a brilliant flat but before said changes,it was a bit rubbish really
Kirsty25

I loved Sub-Terra but went post improvements and was told by EVERYONE that it was rubbish so I can't compare before and after but I have certainly been on worse rides.
bensaund

Before the changes it was a poor show, but since the changes it is very much improved and a good attraction. There are two challenges for it this year:
1) The Smiler taking the limelight
2) Staff costs, N:ST requires a lot of staff and if they are running the Sanctuary this year, then the staffing costs will be very high.

I also wonder if most people went on it last year, will they re-ride?

For me if it has 30 mins or less queue I will give it a go, but it is not on my to do list, I'd rather two laps of Duel than N:ST
If you go down to the woods today
CoasterCrazyChris

It is good, except for the exterior which looks crap.
sixstringhotshot88

personally i haven't even riden the sub terra yet. I didn't get the chance to visit the park last year so this year will be a bit epic for me as i get the chance to ride 2 new attractions as well as ice age.
Kirsty25

Ice age is brilliant...4of us aged between 19 and 25 in the queue! Loved it, subterra is good IMO.
clayj

Nemesis SubTerra is a brilliant flat ride and a great addition to FV and the park in general, especially if you don't know what too expect !!
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Pennywise

Nemesis: Sub Terra is very 'Alton Towers' and as such fits in perfectly with the rest of the park. It's a quiet charmer, an experience, and something which I would expect to remain for a fair few years. :) Certainly, it is now exactly what the park set out to create.
Jammydodger

I'd say its too early to tell how it will fit in as a "Merlin" ride.
There's a lots of special effects that could end up completely broken beyond all hope of repair in years to come, then we will truly see whether the ride will have a lasting appeal or not.