Fireworks 2013

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Themeparksandy1981

Do you think think this year could be the return of the ride themed end of year firework show. I can see the smiler working very well with the display. 
Heisenberg96

With a new major ride on the way I'd say there's every possibility
Themeparksandy1981

I'm surprised that the fireworks event hasn't been talked about much on here. I see it's later this year 8th to 10th Nov.
DeanGaryCox

I've just planned to go on the 8th... wanted to know if there were any bounceback offers on park as I'm going scarefest (with online tickets) on tuesday, and then hoping to get cheaper tickets to go back on the firework event save paying £35 online!

Does anyone have an idea when and where they do the fireworks (as it states some rides will close and re-open after the fireworks, so it's not at the end of the night when they close at 9!)

Thanks, if anyone knows :)
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
Themeparksandy1981

The fireworks are set off behind the lake so you watch it on the grass or from towers street. Past years the pre show entertainment has started at 6.45pm with the firework starting at 7pm and they can last upto 30 mins. X sector,Fountain square,Dark Forest and Cloud cuckoo land close over a hour before the fireworks and reopen afterwards. I can see the Smiler closing around 4pm on the Sat if the queue over 2 hours long.
C0RR3CTED1

Our yearly visit to Towers was always when the fireworks was on but haven't been to Towers in about 5 years now :(
Decided that this is the year that we re-start the tradition! EXCITED!  :D
PeteB

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I'm surprised that the fireworks event hasn't been talked about much on here. I see it's later this year 8th to 10th Nov.
I was thinking the same thing. A clear sign perhaps that interest in the fireworks has dwindled considerably since they no longer do themed, story based special effect shows. I noticed last year that the fireworks days were quieter than usual.

Rumours on the grape vine are that this years show will be another pop-tastic assault. I think it's unlikely now that those old spectaculars which ended in 2006 will ever return.  :(
Michelle

PeteB wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I'm surprised that the fireworks event hasn't been talked about much on here. I see it's later this year 8th to 10th Nov.
Rumours on the grape vine are that this years show will be another pop-tastic assault. I think it's unlikely now that those old spectaculars which ended in 2006 will ever return.  :(
This is really disappointing to hear, I'll be attending at some point over the three days but as much as I enjoy fireworks regardless, I had hoped that with the excellent opportunity to theme the display around The Smiler that they would have done so. I kind of feel a little like I may as well stay and watch the display at the local racecourse instead.
Danny

What dates are the fireworks on
Michelle

8th,9th and 10th of November this year.
Robster28

What do people think friday the 8th will be like will it be busy all day or will it just get busy with people comeing for the fireworks with the after 4pm tickets.
PhoenixStudios

I would have thought it will be somewhat busy, as they only do the fireworks 3 nights a year. However it's true that interest in the fireworks has gotten lower. Honestly it could spin either way, but I'd still expect the park to be busy.
*Credit to Lewis97 for the awesome Signature!
Hitch

From what ive read online the fireworks this year are going to be based on "memories" from all the rides, from Corkscrew up to The Smiler. So not just an assault of pop songs  :D
DavidRock

James97 wrote: From what ive read online the fireworks this year are going to be based on "memories" from all the rides, from Corkscrew up to The Smiler. So not just an assault of pop songs  :D
Please let this be true..... The shows have gone downhill since the themes were taken away....Electric Towers. the Millennium, Dr POP Rocket....

There's only so much Radio 1 playlist I can take.....not a nicki minaj fan so starships was played to death.....

Please Alton give us a theme  :D
Hitch

DavidRock wrote:
James97 wrote: From what ive read online the fireworks this year are going to be based on "memories" from all the rides, from Corkscrew up to The Smiler. So not just an assault of pop songs  :D
Please let this be true..... The shows have gone downhill since the themes were taken away....Electric Towers. the Millennium, Dr POP Rocket....

There's only so much Radio 1 playlist I can take.....not a nicki minaj fan so starships was played to death.....

Please Alton give us a theme  :D
I can see it happening tbh and it also fitting in with the hole "scanning memories" thing from the marmaliser.
King Nemesis

Just been posted and removed by Alton towers facebook.

http://www.altontowers.com/instantwin/

Seems very interesting.

EDIT: Now it has been fully posted.

If you are visiting Alton Towers Resort for the Ultimate Fireworks 2013 you could win over £1000 of prizes, including a Family Merlin Annual Pass, a Hotel Stay, Fastrack tickets and the full VIP treatment! We'll be randomly chosing one car parking space each day to unlock this exclusive prize. Find out more here - http://www.altontowers.com/instantwin/
Last edited by King Nemesis on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lottie.

Interesting competition, people will win based on where they park in the car park. :P
bensaund

It does make me wonder if this is something they are doing to cheer guests up due to The Smiler being closed.

But good on the Towers, we need more competitions for this. Of course not fair on those who use public transport or get dropped off.
If you go down to the woods today
Aidan Lowe

It's actually a very cool idea. I'll be there Saturday, here's hoping for an early Christmas present. Best of luck all :)
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Lee

I do like that they are holding a competition with the only requirement to participate is to essential park in a space. I have a funny feeling it won't be including overflow car parks though.

I have to agree with the member above though, they should really do something for those arriving by public transport to at least appear like they support environmentally friendlier ways of traveling to the resort.