Alton Towers Live: Saturday 6th July 2013

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Michelle

Lots of people complaining about the line up, I'd happily see these bands if it wasn't going to be unbearably busy, I'd also happily go if it was Iron Maiden etc playing.. While the lineup isn't to everyone's taste I think it's a great thing that AT are pushing on with these events :)
It's an inconvenience to pass holders but we can go any other day that summer, the event is brilliant value for families who love concerts :) competitively priced with other events and added bonus of being in a great setting :D
.. Sorry if I've just sounded far too hyper for so early in the day I just wanted to add my opinion :)
silentunes

OK I'm not a pop music fan but I haven't even heard these guys before apart from labrinth. So it's a no go for me even with a really cheap MOP admission.

I just hope that towers don't turn into thorpe park for a day...

P.S. Iron maiden at the towers? :O Now that's something I would pay a LOT to see...
sebshep18

From the alton towers website

Where can I book tickets?
From Friday March 1st you can book tickets online at www.altontowers.com/alton-towers-live

I have a Merlin Annual Pass, do I get a discount?
We have a limited number of Merlin Annual Pass discounted tickets – at £40 they give just access to the concert arena, you can use your Merlin Annual Pass to enter the Theme Park. This is a great saving of over 25%. These tickets can be purchased online at www.altontowers.com/alton-towers-live from Friday 1st March. You need to have a valid Merlin Annual Pass at the time of booking and visiting to receive this discounted price. As a Merlin Annual Pass holder you collect your concert ticket on the day.

I have a Premium Merlin Annual Pass – doesn’t this mean I have no restrictions?
There are no restrictions at Alton Towers Resort Theme Park in the main season and this date is no exception. You can use your Merlin Annual Pass to enter the Theme Park on this date. The concert arena is separate to the Theme Park.
Danny

The price for the event with a MAP [both Standard and Premium] is £40.
Ben-TT

Danny wrote: The price for the event with a MAP [both Standard and Premium] is £40.
£40? Biggest rip off in Merlin history - and that's saying something..
Boz

How is that being justified exactly? Standard rate is £55 including park entry, that's an increase of £9 on the normal park fee, but they're charging pass holders 4 1/2 times that???
Michelle

In all fairness, for the amount of acts playing I think that's a standard amount for any venue, they do a similar one I think at Manchester MEN every year that's around 35-40.. I feel slightly miffed that that means we're not ACTUALLY getting a discount as pass holders, but disregarding that,as a whole event it's probably priced about right.
*puts up riot shield to defend against any disagreements *
... I still won't be attending though as I've got V festival tickets so I'll see most of the acts there, sorry AT no more of my money for you!
Boz

I agree with you about the overall pricing michelle, I just find it rude that day trippers can do it for less than a tenner, and pass holders have to pay through the nose for the privelage.
(not that I plan on going, I don't like any of those acts anyway)
oliviamae

The acts aren't my cup of tea, but I would say it's priced right for the acts they are: popular, in high demand, and all of a type to appeal to the average pop fan. I would even go as far as to say it's good value.
Danny

Whilst I dislike all the acts that are playing, I agree with it being good for value. These acts alone would charge £40 and above to see them by themselves at a venue. I'll still be avoiding this day as it'll be ram packed :P
Themeparksandy1981

I can see the concert area been packed as it be first come first serve basic ie a running job to get to the front and you wouldnt all move as you lost your space as I guest it be on from 10am to 5/6pm so you won't have time to go on any rides.
bensaund

I like two of the acts, but its not worth a 168 mile drive, hotel for the night, £40 plus booking fee and the longest queues ever for the rides, if it was £20 I might attend. But lets see if they sell all tickets, the price is right, if they do a sale nearer the time they have out priced it.

The way I see it is they have got an events company in to do it all and they are wanting £40 for everyone, this will cover the costs of the acts, stage and security, the extra £15 charged to normal guests will go into Merlin's pocket. I think this is more of a PR exercise and trying to promote the park, so they will not benefit from giving their thousands of MAP holders cheap access as it will not be profitable.
If you go down to the woods today
Marie

I have been looking forward to this weekend all year because it is my
Birthday. However when they announced it was going to be Alton Towers Live I was a little weary of attending due to the queues, kids, etc...but when I saw the line up I have decided to avoid that weekend like the plague.
It's not a purse, it's a satchel! Indiana Jones has one.
Owen

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I can see the concert area been packed as it be first come first serve basic ie a running job to get to the front and you wouldnt all move as you lost your space as I guest it be on from 10am to 5/6pm so you won't have time to go on any rides.
No it's on at 2pm to 10pm
ing1607

Omg I reeeeeeeeally want to go especially now the vamps have been added. I love them!
Aidan Lowe

If you have a Twitter account there is currently a competwition (not a typo) to be in with a chance of winning 4 x theme park & live concert tickets, hotel stay not included.

http://competwition.com/AltonTowersLiveConcertTickets

Follow the user/s and click enter on the link above, done, their tweet is shared with your followers and your entered.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Wed May 08, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
submission2001

On July 6th who is come on stage first like little mix, stooshe or olly mur or rizzle kick. Plz tell me who come on first, second, third and fourth and fifth and sixth and seventh and eighth And ninth
CALLUM
W@LLI$

submission2001 wrote: On July 6th who is come on stage first like little mix, stooshe or olly mur or rizzle kick. Plz tell me who come on first, second, third and fourth and fifth and sixth and seventh and eighth And ninth
I believe it will go in the opposite order to what's on the site. So Union J first and then Olly Murs last
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
Danny

Credit to TPW, the stage is now being constructed:

Magerita

Does anyone know if early ride time will be available on saturday? or what time rides close? or what the line up is? I know Olly Murs will be the last to perform but that's about it. :?
My name's actually Rita ,so feel free to call me that  ahhah :P