Burger Kitchen Inside Photos

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
tharrison4815

For those who are interested who have not yet checked out the new Burger Kitchen; I have taken photos through the window during FHT today:

Saz

Loving the emphasis on "100% beef" considering recent events...
Yes it's a floating hedgehog.
haydn!

There's no doubt that it looks nice, but it's a little too everyday high street for my liking. Can't help but think Towers missed a trick here.
aircanman

Saz wrote: Loving the emphasis on "100% beef" considering recent events...
Funny thing is all of that would have been printed out and designed way before the beef scandal came out, perhaps they knew something we didn't......
aircanman

One thing I will add is I hope they don't do what Drayton Manor do and charge silly money for undercooked or overcooked burgers which are horrible!
JayTricky

It looks like something that should be in a departure lounge at an airport. Do not like the colour scheme at all, and it's way too modern.

Suppose if the food is good, then that's what matters.
electricBlll_Returns

It looks great, a huge improvement over Burger King.

And I like the classier style. Theme parks are often thought of as tacky places to eat so I am glad they have broken that mould.
Themeparksandy1981

Well it looks nice now but wait to it's open after the wear and tear has set in.
CoasterCrazyChris

I really don't know why there is any discussion on this 'new' Burger restaurant at all - it is blatantly obvious that they have just done the very bare minimum to convert it from a high street outlet.

It is literally just an exterior repaint, new tables and chairs and some new ceiling lamps. Moving on....
wolfy

i sense pink slime meat from McDonalds  :evil:

would rather go KFC or pizza hub
andydavies0

500 seats in there
LiamC

wolfy wrote: i sense pink slime meat from McDonalds  :evil:

Neither of which the park now have. I'd much rather have this than a franchise again as the service was awful and the prices extortionate from BK.

I do however think this menu is far too limited as an option, only 5 items if I'm right in thinking.
Kenzie2012

I don't think it looks half bad at all. They didn't need to spend a fortune turning it over, a basic retheme and spruce up is all that was needed. At the end of the day, it's a sit down fast food option so doesn't need to be WOW!!!
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Tom

Looks pretty smart in my opinion.
mattallennet

Thank goodness they still do proper Coca-Cola and not an exclusive deal with Pepsi etc.

I'm still fuming that its all Nestlé chocolate everywhere and not a bar of Cadburys in sight.
andydavies0

LiamC wrote:
wolfy wrote: i sense pink slime meat from McDonalds  :evil:

Neither of which the park now have. I'd much rather have this than a franchise again as the service was awful and the prices extortionate from BK.

I do however think this menu is far too limited as an option, only 5 items if I'm right in thinking.
It saves the park money having their own
Heisenberg96

haydn! wrote: There's no doubt that it looks nice, but it's a little too everyday high street for my liking. Can't help but think Towers missed a trick here.
Agree. There appears to be no links to rides or themeing on the surface
Kenzie2012

I thought that too.... But I guess it's because it's not in a direct area with any major rides.
Chicken Co retheme works really well with a touch of Oblivion in it becauset is actually located on top of the ride.

It would have been cool to have some random Nemesis theming or a Wraith on the wall, but they've gone the opposite direction and aimed for style rather than Theme..... They've done a good job for what is fundamentally just a burger bar.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Heisenberg96

I guess, but it would have been nice to see at least a minor bit of themeing. The whole thing seems to have just been built to appeal to a mass audience... I imagine it being packed and will probably never eat in their if that's the case. Find me at ChickenCo
sixstringhotshot88

Theming would have been good. I agree with it looking really high street-ish.