The burger kitchen: Prices

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
CJH

From the looks of it Altons prices for these restraunts are very very well priced. Seen prices on TN live.
Beats BK's price!

Current prices.

Burger meal 5.75.
Quarter pounder meal 6.50.
Chicken premium 5.95.
Fish fillet meal 5.95.
Spicy bean burger meal 5.95.
Kids Chicken tenders meal 3.95.
Kids hamburger meal 3.95.

Looks a lot better for adults than it does for kids, wish they would do like a saver menu aswell.
Last edited by CJH on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris 21 Manchester
Jevaaaans

I'm actually gutted they got rid of Burger King. XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger Meal then Oblivion was becoming a ritual for me :'(
joelpagett

The pictures off the inside look nice but I think that outside looks a bit garish, even though it is meant to fit with CLL.

The prices are reasonable, especially with a 20% discount on MAP.
Last edited by joelpagett on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bensaund

I had my first ever meal at the Chicken Shack at Chessington, it is another venue which provides quality food, apart from Battered Fish and Chips@Thorpe and The Chicken place next to Oblivion. Merlin are doing a good job on the food, but I hope we don't see the quality go downhill now they have no competition.
If you go down to the woods today
Themeparksandy1981

I'm not sure but inside does it look like there just updated the signage and of course the kitchen area. Alton Towers are truely saying theses nothing Horsey about there burgers.
Kenzie2012

Even though they've changed it to an in house Restaraunt..... I will never give this place time of day.
Since McDOnalds left I've only eaten hot dogs and or occasionally had a big lunch in Pizza Pasta Buffet.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
ryanlovesaltontowers

It appears clear to me that this is where some of the merlin brands become unmatched, it is plainly obvious that the Burger Kitchen style and the Cloud Cuckoo Land theme clash horribly. The Forbidden Valley outlet didn't look so bad but nevertheless it still should match the area to maintain a consistent theme.

Look at the 'Coffee Bar' brand for example, it has it's logo and theme changed to suit the area where it is placed, whereas burger kitchen just looks to have been plonked into the park, no thought given.

On the other hand, explorers and woodcutters both fit into their area perfectly, without any major theming clash, they only add to that areas theme.
Pennywise

ryanlovesaltontowers wrote: It appears clear to me that this is where some of the merlin brands become unmatched, it is plainly obvious that the Burger Kitchen style and the Cloud Cuckoo Land theme clash horribly.
I'm sorry, what?

It looks absolutely gorgeous. The style of it fits in perfectly with Cloud Cuckoo Land, especially Charlie. I really don't understand your complaints... at the very least it fits in far better than previously. Indeed, none of the three outlets presently looks out of place, I was very impressed looking at them yesterday.

In-house outlets > high street brands any day of the week, regardless. Prices are also now more reasonable than in the past, for somebody with an annual pass discount at least.
Last edited by Pennywise on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
CJH

Even without AP discount I feel food is VERY reasonable for a park! Just look at service stations around the UK then tell me it isn't.
Pizza pasta is amazing price with fab value/quality.
Fresh fish and chips again good quality and value.

This is just adding onto the great food choices park wide.

And a lot better priced than BK!
Chris 21 Manchester
haydn!

D4n wrote: Image
It does look better from that angle, though I still feel the roof needs a little more quirkiness going off!
ryanlovesaltontowers

Agree with the previous comment, the theming on the outside is okayish, they have clearly tried to creat something consistent with Cloud Cuckoo Land, but I was referring to the signage and internal decor being out of place, the interior could have been made to look amazing, yet we have been left with something that is pretty much what you'd expect to see on the high street.

I just don't think the green roof works in this situation. I hope they add some Quentin Blake style additions to the paintwork, (the fake screws and line kinda thing) this would make it fit in beautifully.
Themeparksandy1981

I just think they should have had signage to suit the area better. The sign looks cheap
bensaund

I like the look and it works for CCL
If you go down to the woods today
Delta79

its has a cartoonish look to it and some loud paint. if it was in mutiny bay it would look really out of place, But on the edge of CCL it fits in perfectly.
tharrison4815

Just to confirm the menu/prices: I took some photos through the windows of the Burger Kitchen of the price displays:

Last edited by tharrison4815 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themeparksandy1981

No meal should cost no more than £5 each. No wonder lots of families take there own food now as a family of 4 would cost around £24 I doubt they pay that after paying £100 to get in with 2 for 1 vouchers and parking.
Michelle

Most families I know who go choose to eat on park because it's a treat, they budget for the cost. I know this isn't the case for every family but every attraction in the country over charges for food, the food at AT is a far better price than the food at my local attraction Chester Zoo. Also if the food was truly too expensive then people would resort to bringing their own, AT wouldn't have gotten rid of the franchises and made the food in house if it wasn't worth it from a business point of view. The sad fact is that prices will never decrease
(and as long as it is quality food I argue that it shouldnt NEED to decrease) because people are willing to pay the prices.

sorry if thats slightly O/T..  while I understand your POV about a whole family costing a fair bit to eat, it's no more expensive than Bk was before it and as long as it tastes better than BK I'll be happy to pay the prices (esp with MAP discount!)