Alton Towers Resort - Offers, Vouchers and Discounts

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nathan_Fisher

beanz32101 wrote:hi all. I am doing the collect 10 tokens with the sun for 2 free tickets offer and im just wondering, I know I need to put a first class stamp on the inside envelope but do I need to put a stamp on the envelope which I write my date choices on?
thanks all who can help
mike
I believe you need to include an SAE (self addressed envelope) inside a larger envelope so they can send you your tickets in this, place the SAE inside a larger envelope with your booking form with attached tokens and then write the suns address on the envelope you will be posting along with a first (or second) class stamp. I hope this helps, it's kind of hard to explain. I have ha tickets from this offer in the past.
cinabar

On the Sun offer...

I used the PERK codes off the back of the paper. I had to register, but there was no extra costs, I simply added in my codes, paid £1.50 postage and was able to choose the exact date I wanted. Pretty sure this is the simplest method. I did not have to pay to subscribe to Sun Perks.
bensaund

Yep did the same and gave the vouchers away to somebody at work.
TrueBlueManc

I've got 2 tickets here for free admission for Wednesday 22nd April 2015.
However I've planned to go Monday 20th April 2015 if anybody wants to swap?

Message me

Regards

Ben
Alex

The sun voucher code for hotel stays is now active. The code is S1530 which entitles you to 30% off your stay.
RIDECRAZY

Vitality Health / Vitality Life offer 30% off standard Merlin Annuals Passes, making it a great price year round. If anyone here, like myself, takes out private medical insurance or have life insurance, I'd honestly look at switching to Vitality, they are an excellent provider and have helped me with numerous medical problems both abroad and in the UK.

What's interesting is that Vitality's reward section offers not only this great discount all year round, but also a free cinema ticket a week, free Starbucks drinks, 40% off BA flights and an endless list of more discounts, but make no profit, and pay very little to companies, such as Merlin who offer them this discount. Whether Merlin are trying to encourage healthy living, like Vitality say, or are just trying to get more people through the door is unknown, but either way its a great promotion! :)
Morgan

Some copies of Paddington contain a Kids go free offer. These are defined by a sticker on the case.
ShoesU

Do you need a coupon to take for the hotel discount?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

ShoesU wrote:Do you need a coupon to take for the hotel discount?
If you're referring to the Sun discount code, no. You just need to type in S1530 into the promotional code box when booking a hotel on the Alton Towers Resort website. Bear in mind that there are an allocated number of rooms that the discount is available on on each date, so if it doesn't display then you're unfortunately too late.
ShoesU

Ok i tried that but because want more than one room have to call?
cinabar

I booked 3 rooms online using that code... it went through - fingers crossed *worried*
NemesisRider

Whilst this is written very clearly on the Alton Towers website, you can stay at the Alton Towers hotel for £99 using the code "BIG6". However, this will be valid on Saturdays, bank holidays and school holidays.

You can find this on the homepage.
Tom170499

Booked Sun free tickets for October and still not got them back. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Ladyofthelake

I know someone at work applied for a later band (September I think) and has not had their tickets yet. I believe they process the early bands first as those are the tickets required soonest. I wouldn't worry just yet :)
cinabar

Tom170499 wrote:Booked Sun free tickets for October and still not got them back. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Yes - same here.
RCandrew

So I'm trying to book 3 nights in June for 2 people in splash landings, The price is coming to just over £502 and then i put in the S5014 SUN discount code and it says no rooms are available, why??
lewis97
Admin
Admin

RCandrew wrote:So I'm trying to book 3 nights in June for 2 people in splash landings, The price is coming to just over £502 and then i put in the S5014 SUN discount code and it says no rooms are available, why??
Going by your post, you appear to be trying to use last year's code. This year's is S1530 and gives you a 30% discount.
RCandrew

lewis97 wrote:
RCandrew wrote:So I'm trying to book 3 nights in June for 2 people in splash landings, The price is coming to just over £502 and then i put in the S5014 SUN discount code and it says no rooms are available, why??
Going by your post, you appear to be trying to use last year's code. This year's is S1530 and gives you a 30% discount.
Oh yeah, i accidentally posted the wrong code :lol i am using S1530, this years code, but for 3 days at splash landings it isn't doing anything?? is going from £502 to £502 when i add the code.. when i do it for 2 days it works :(
lewis97
Admin
Admin

RCandrew wrote:
lewis97 wrote:
Oh yeah, i accidentally posted the wrong code :lol i am using S1530, this years code, but for 3 days at splash landings it isn't doing anything?? is going from £502 to £502 when i add the code.. when i do it for 2 days it works :(
There are an allocated number of rooms on each date that the code can be applied to, so it may be that there aren't any remaining on the third day you're looking at.
cinn

Does anyone know about the up to 50% off Hotels code that came with the brochure mailed out to some people? The code is BRO50 but I was wondering if it is like the goodfella's pizza voucher, do you need to bring something with you like the brochure? I saw it on HotUkDeals