Alton Towers Resort - Offers, Vouchers and Discounts

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Tom170499

Hi, went to Alton Towers yesterday and was surprised to find that all the ride photos have been discounted to half price, now only £5. I was told this was because it was getting to the quiet season. Going again today with school so I'm gonna take advantage of the special offer!
daveclarkedaveclarke

Hey guys just wondering I have a voucher 1 adult entry for £24 voucher off a box of Daz, will I be able to use it to enter the park for fireworks? I've looked on the voucher/box for small print about when it can be used but not seen anything about it.
Michelle

I haven't seen that particular offer myself but it is quite rare to find a voucher that is valid for fireworks.
Some of the offers have no terms and conditions on the item itself but tell you to access them via a website. If there is nothing of that kind at all then I'd suggest giving the resort a quick ring and asking them.
Lee

Michelle is right. However SOME vouchers, and they are incredibly rare, allow entry to the Friday. As Michelle says, give the resort a call or drop them a Facebook message to discuss validation dates. :)
Kirsty25

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote:Hey guys just wondering I have a voucher 1 adult entry for £24 voucher off a box of Daz, will I be able to use it to enter the park for fireworks? I've looked on the voucher/box for small print about when it can be used but not seen anything about it.
The Terms and Conditions can be found here It does read to me like you're lucky and they're valid for fireworks... it may be worth contacting the resort directly though to confirm this though!
daveclarkedaveclarke

I've Facebook messaged alton towers and they have said they are fine to use on any day during fireworks so all good :D
lucozade

I always used to use vouchers for FW/SF as long as the dates didn't exclude them.

I went last week and on the way I bought 3 packs of quavers for half price entry, as we were all hungover we gave the packs to the kiosk girl full, who seemed very happy to take them.

I nearly spewed on smiler... A hangover & all those loops was a challenge!
lagolfer09

We are visiting on Sat 18th / Sunday 19th - my wife and I are both merlin annual passholders. We are taking 3 children with us (2 x aged 10 and 1 x aged 8). We are trying to work out the best way to purchase 2 day tickets for the kids. If we book in advance it is about £28 each for a two day ticket. Is this the best value do you think - or is there are cheaper alternative with offers that I'm missing? :?
Kirsty25

For 2 days I would sat that's about the cheapest you'll get. The only other option would be a bogof ticket and buy bounce back when you're there but that would be one full price and 2 half price tickets plus however much bounce back is. Or half price family and friends tickets through merlin pass and buy bounce back on park... that'd be 3 half price tickets
lucozade

Adult bounce back is 9.60 I think.

You might as well buy them prepaid for 28 for both days.

1 day half price would be 20+ anyway plus the bounce back.
lagolfer09

Thanks both - I'm going to pre order them in the morning
:lol
thi3teenloverboy14

I have a priority pass for the 1.4 m rides and im going to Alton Towers during scarefest they told me that I should go to guest services to see if they could validate it. I was also looking on ebay and people sell them on there do you think if i bought one or 2 it would be okay to use as they don't have a date on them. Many thanks.
lucozade

EBay is full of scams. So don't spend much on them, if can afford to loose the cash, give it a go and post up here if it works.
Alex

With an NUS card you can now get 37% off at Splash Landings and 32% off at the Alton Towers Hotel, this is significantly more than MAP discount which personally I think isn't right but on the other hand I'm not complaining as I'm a student! :lol
cinabar

The collect vouchers for tickets started in The Sun today - no sign of hotel discount this year though, unless I missed it :-(
Ladyofthelake

The hotel discount is usually published with the free ticket application form in the mid-week pull out. If they're going to do it this year we'll see it when the pull out is published Wednesday.
cinabar

ladyofthelake wrote:The hotel discount is usually published with the free ticket application form in the mid-week pull out. If they're going to do it this year we'll see it when the pull out is published Wednesday.
Oh - so there is still hope!!! :)
Stan.H

Do any of you guys know what the food and drink vouchers are this year?
lucy2244

I found this in Frankies and Bennies toilets last night:
I don't know what the terms and conditions were but I'm guessing it was free entry with a full paying adult like the kellogs ones where, just thought some people might be interested :)
beanz32101

hi all. I am doing the collect 10 tokens with the sun for 2 free tickets offer and im just wondering, I know I need to put a first class stamp on the inside envelope but do I need to put a stamp on the envelope which I write my date choices on?
thanks all who can help
mike