Alton Towers Resort - Offers, Vouchers and Discounts

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Ah right, at least I'm not the bringer of bad news and messing up your plans then.
RCandrew

Does anyone know why the SUN code for 50% off short breaks doesn't work for 3 nights? Because two nights isn't enough with the train times etc so we wouldn't even get enough time for 2 days in the park which is what we want. When I try and book 3 nights however the discount just doesn't apply? Thanks!
Ladyofthelake

It may be because AT have already allocated their allotted 50% off rooms for one of the nights you are trying to book, or one of the nights may fall on a date that is excluded from the promotion. The below T&Cs for the 50% offer are from the website and may help explain why you aren't getting the discount. It may be worth giving the reservation line a ring as there is always a chance that it may simply be down to a glitch in the system.
Alton Towers Website wrote:50% off Alton Towers Hotels

50% offer is subject to availability, valid from 23.03.14 until 06.11.14 excluding all Saturdays and 04.04.14-26.04.14; 04.05.14 – 05.05.14; 23.05.14-01.06.14; 18.07.14- 01.09.14; 17.10.14-01.11.14.

Offer is valid for bed and breakfast rates only in a standard room. Theme Park, Waterpark, Golf, Spa entrance and treatments and all other chargeable leisure activities are not included. Cannot be transferred to an existing booking or used in conjunction with any other offer. Alton Towers Resort reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry, and to close and/or alter any part of the facilities. Offer is non-transferable, cannot be sold, and no cash alternative is offered. Room prices vary and are subject to change. Dates are subject to change. You must bring your 50% voucher with you to validate the offer. If you do not bring your voucher Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to charge you the full price.
hackford3

Has anyone received tickets for july yet through the sun? Thanks :D
xnatillyx

hackford3 wrote:Has anyone received tickets for july yet through the sun? Thanks :D
My uncle recently received his for June so you should get yours this week sometime i would imagine :D
robrymond

So disappointed this year. Every year (suppose i got lucky)...we had our first band pick in usually the same week every October. This year I've had my final band choice...and it is next Sunday. A bank holiday and a day we have arranged a trip away. I know its a lottery but they couldn't get any worse!
DeanGaryCox

I sent off for 3 lots, got 2 back both in the first date band, shame i can't make the days though anyway... still waiting for my 3rd one back though which i sent off about a week later - worried it's got lost or i didn't fill the form out correctly etc. :S
marita

I sent for three sets and im not happy i got last band choice on 2 sets which are the 3rd and 5th november..when the kids are at school... gutted [-X
marita

totally raging now the third set is here and they are for the 3rd nov too. i have not even put that date as a band i would like to use. anyone know who i can write to?
Dan

marita wrote:totally raging now the third set is here and they are for the 3rd nov too. i have not even put that date as a band i would like to use. anyone know who i can write to?
I would suggest writing to The Sun as it's them who run the promotion.
Zach

marita wrote:totally raging now the third set is here and they are for the 3rd nov too. i have not even put that date as a band i would like to use. anyone know who i can write to?
You really won't get anywhere as the T&C's do say subject to availability and first come first serve basis. Unfortunately that's just the way it goes at the end of the day there free I wouldn't complain.
sacredspirit

hi is anyone still waiting for there alton towers vouchers from the sun?
ive done alton towers, chessington & the holiday and heard nothing .
any thoughts or any one else just got theres please let me know.
thanks Jo x
allyallyally47

Hi Jo

It depends on when you sent them off in the post, as they say you should allow up to 6 weeks for tickets to arrive, at least this was the case with the AT ones. I would guess other offers would be the same. I received mine just after 4 weeks of posting the form. The date bands you choose can also be a factor as I believe they send the most upcoming dates as priority.

The Sun Customer Service Twitter page (https://twitter.com/thesunCS) are actually really helpful with queries and you can also email altontowers@react-now.co.uk. They have advised though that tickets are due to availability, while stocks last but hopefully you haven't been unlucky! Hope this helps and good luck! :D
stacey4sean669

Hi everyone, Me and my Fiance has just had an offer to buy tickets from someone who got the tickets through the post from the sun. We are not sure if we will be able to use them as they are not in our name. We haven't bought them yet so just needing advice first before we go ahead. Thank you O:)
Rockstar

I Wouldn't Have Thought They'd Be Accepted As Last Year When I Got Them They Dis A Name And An Adress Check On Us.
Kirsty25

stacey4sean669 wrote:Hi everyone, Me and my Fiance has just had an offer to buy tickets from someone who got the tickets through the post from the sun. We are not sure if we will be able to use them as they are not in our name. We haven't bought them yet so just needing advice first before we go ahead. Thank you O:)
Alton Towers monitor any free sun tickets which are being sold online and will refuse entry if they're not in you're name. It would be far more practical to get hold of one of the many 2 for 1 vouchers available and split the price that Way!
andybecky2010

Hi everyone,
just after abit of advice. I have been reading a few stories on the net about people being refused entry after they had bought 'free' sun tickets from Ebay. I could not use mine for tomorrow dated 3.6.14, as my kids are both poorly so I purchased 3 off ebay for next week. My question is are Alton towers only cancelling the tickets which are being sold on ebay with a picture of the actual ticket with barcode on or do they have another way of knowing which tickets have been transferred. I know what I did was 'naughty' as the T and Cs state not to be resold but try telling that to little kiddies!!! Any advice would be brill. Thankyou :D
Dan

I'm pretty sure there is another way that they can tell without seeing the barcode, but I can't tell you what it is.

I know the Sun tickets all have names linked to them so maybe Towers can match a reference number on the ticket to the name they were ordered under and check on the gate. I have heard stories of people buying tickets on eBay then being refused entry at the gate because the names didn't match.
andybecky2010

O right. Anyone know if its just random checks or all of them. There are thousands for sale on ebay, gumtree etc. Surely they can't be cancelling all of them?
Chaz

The t&c's clearly say not for resale. I think they (or The Sun) work pretty hard to counter all the ones that are sold. When you request the tickets you are agreeing with both Merlin's and The Sun's terms. If you break those, you can be refused entry.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7