Alton Towers Resort - Offers, Vouchers and Discounts

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JonDoesTT

The discount section on the app doesn't work for me. Are they updating the offers or removing them entirely?

Credit to NemesisRider
bensaund

I got a hotel room in Splash landings during Scarefest for £51 using the sun 50% of code
manamonkey

This is probably a really dumb question but was looking to use the SUN50 code to book the Enchanted Lodges whilst one page shows a symbol indicating free parking is included it doesn't mention it on the booking, when looking into it further I noticed on AT's FAQ page that free parking was provided for Splash Landings and the Alton Towers hotel but no mention of the lodges. I'm assuming this just an omission on the FAQ but wondered if anyone had stopped there and could confirm you do get parking included?

Also I think it's been mentioned already on the thread that you can't book tickets at the same time using the promotion but you could buy separately online? If you do it this way are you still allowed to use the accommodation parking if your planning on attending the park prior to check in?

Again sorry if these are really dumb questions but it's the first time I've looked into staying there

Thanks in advance
Liam.W

Parking is included at the enchanted village. If i remember rightly, check in is at 10am. So you could get to the EV for 10, check in (which is at most 10mins) and then leave all bags in the car (rooms aren't ready until about 3/4pm) and then go over to the themepark.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

manamonkey

Thanks for the info Liam much appreciated.
I assumed the parking was included but that FAQ got me doubting it, really useful info on checking in also :)
theparklifekid

Hi everyone! So living abroad is a hard thing, and when i come back to the UK every Christmas and Summer time, my priorities are seeing family and friends, not so much as going to theme parks, (last one i went to was Pleasurewood Hills in 2014!) but this summer i will be able to make a trip up to the Towers with a few friends and family.

Im hoping to spend a night and two days up at the resort, and I know about the SUN50 code for hotel bookings, but that doesn't include admission to the theme park and waterpark. So i was wondering is there are any discount codes available, or if I should just stick to good old 2 for 1 vouchers? Any advice would be great!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

2 for 1 vouchers will be the cheapest possible way of purchasing theme park tickets, provided you're in a group of an even number.
bensaund

2 for 1 voucher will get you in for the first day. then you can get a bounce back ticketsl for the following say which I believe is £10 for the next day or £15 for any other day.
JonDoesTT

bensaund wrote:2 for 1 voucher will get you in for the first day. then you can get a bounce back ticketsl for the following say which I believe is £10 for the next day or £15 for any other day.
They're £9.50 for the next day, not sure about the price for the any day bounce-back tickets. I've never had to sue them but they sound like very good value.

Also, Kellog's are still doing the Adults Go Free promotion, which I've used to get family/friends who don't have a MAP in to Towers for the day.

Credit to NemesisRider
bensaund

£15 for anytime (which excludes fireworks but not Scarefest)
Ladyofthelake

Kelloggs are once again doing their 'Adult Free' voucher on the boxes of cereal this year. Also included on some boxes is a voucher for a free digital photo which, looking at the T&Cs on the voucher, can be used at any ride apart from Legoland Driving School. I'm not sure how many different cereals the photo voucher is available on (I only spotted it on the box of Cornflakes I bought the other day), but I expect it will be around over the summer at least.
Nathan_Fisher

The Sun have released their superdays promotion giving out 2 for 1 vouchers to merlin attractions. Within the four page pull out printed in todays paper, there's a code for 50% off when booking overnight at Alton Towers.
The code SUN50 needs to be entered and overnight stays must be booked by 31st May 2016.
Alex

There's a new 50% off code that's gone live. If you go to the following code and type in EM50 you can get 50% off up until June 30th!

https://www.altontowers.com/email50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Similarly there's also a 45% off code (more than the usual online discount) for theme park tickets when you book by 15th June 2016 and visit before 15th July. Visit the following link and enter Towers45.

https://www.altontowers.com/email45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theparklifekid

Man, I was hoping to get a discount for the 4th August.
Does anyone think another mailing discount code will be issued?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Another code is BRO50 which gives 50% off hotel rooms when you book before 30th June. There doesn't seem to be any restriction on when you visit with this one though.

https://www.altontowers.com/brochure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kraken

Just wondered if anyone knew of any vouchers / promo codes for AT Waterpark entry? I've got a friend who wants to go there for a day (has no interest in Theme Park). The best I have been able to suggest is book the tickets online via the AT website and you save a couple of quid a head.

Have read the T&C's of the Sun-issued 2-4-1 vouchers and they only seem to be valid at the Merlin theme parks / SeaLife / Dungeons / Warwick Castle etc. On one hand this seems odd, as they are happy to let you save £26 (one admission divided by two) for a theme park, but not less on waterpark entry - but they are the T&C's.

I've got a MAP so can get discount at the waterpark - but for me only. Again, a bit odd as if I go upto the bar in, say, Woodcutters and order drinks & food for 4 - as long as I order & make the payment for everyone, the discount is applied to the entire bill due to the MAP. I just then have to extract the money off my friends.

If anyone knows of any waterpark offers, please shout up! Thanks.
Starlight expresser

Hey guys there's an Advert in the sun today 20% off hotel rooms, offer valid till 28th Feb this month, does that mean we getting no 50% off this year? Hope we get this offer as have used it for years

Andy
bensaund

I'd wait a few weeks for the AT tickets to be given out.

Last year I got Splashlandings hotel for £55 on the first weekend of Scarefest which was a bargain
timmy1372

I'm holding out for a better offer, so far there January and February offers have not been as good as last year! Hopefully the Sun offer will still appear.