Fastrack 2013

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TB2

Heisenberg96 wrote:
TB2 wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote: Looks like ill have to start paying £21 for fast tracks then...scream has been ruined.
Or just plan your day properly...
You can't predict that with AT. It's luck of the draw. I've tried planning rides and times out but it never usually works
Completely disgaree. I've been sticking to the same plan for about 8 years and have never had to miss out a ride on the major rollercoasters, larger family thrill rides or the water rides. That includes some of the busiest days of the season.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Joshysqaushy

is it still £5 for a fastrack on one ride????
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
snakey904

on opening day the most I queued for is rita and that seem like 20mins everything else was walk straight on
Heisenberg96

TB2 wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote:
TB2 wrote: Or just plan your day properly...
You can't predict that with AT. It's luck of the draw. I've tried planning rides and times out but it never usually works
Completely disgaree. I've been sticking to the same plan for about 8 years and have never had to miss out a ride on the major rollercoasters, larger family thrill rides or the water rides. That includes some of the busiest days of the season.
Last time I went I had a plan I was convinced would work, but Rita closed after the fault on the track, which pretty much messed up the whole schedule. Problem is, I've queued between 5 minutes and an hour and a half for oblivion for example, so I can never call how long I'll be waiting
ollboll9

Heisenberg96 wrote:
TB2 wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote: You can't predict that with AT. It's luck of the draw. I've tried planning rides and times out but it never usually works
Last time I went I had a plan I was convinced would work, but Rita closed after the fault on the track, which pretty much messed up the whole schedule. Problem is, I've queued between 5 minutes and an hour and a half for oblivion for example, so I can never call how long I'll be waiting
See thats why I buy fasttracks because I live in anglesey so its about a 4-5 hour drive so when i go im up at 5 drive to my mates house to pick her up drive all the way to alton normally in the holidays so raods are busy :evil: and obviously cos its the hols its heaving so for the sake of getting the most out of your day i go clockwise around the with the occasional detour like last year the queue for spinball was sumin like 40 mins on opening and i went on it for some reason so theres the first hour gone but thirteen had 5 mins wait so we went there an doubled back to oblivion so to make the day as amazing as it should be and to get the rides in the bag we bought fastracks, we got the scream and adventurer but somehow we didnt get for nemesis? so we paid 10 pound for them but its nothing when you would have had to stop after that for closing and also weve got to make sure queing is at a minimal because my mum doesnt come on rides and the first time i went she got told to leave as they were closing and had to wait by the monorail for us because we were on oblivion one last time and the queues were somin like 1.40 hours so we couldnt find her and my phone had ran out of battery so really its worth buying fastracks if its the only chance youll get to go to AT that year
Rant Over :evil: 
by the way personally id get the fastrack silver and young explorer and if they still do bolt ons get either spinball or sub terra :D
Last edited by ollboll9 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poop. Always
jackgcse

I think I have always said it and I think they still should, there should be a happy hour at Alton, shame they got ride of the free fastrack machines...That would have been perfect offer all guests the opportunity to have a free fastrack, it entices people to purchase a larger package after realizing how easy it is, Marketing and makes all guests happier because they all have a chance to get something special out of the day.
bensaund

Fast Track should never be free, if anything they should double or even triple the price to reduce the impact on other guests.
If you go down to the woods today
jackgcse

Not how the business works...Fast Track should not be a premium, it should be open to a larger market! LOL ;)
bensaund

yes the more fast tracks you sell the worse the queues get for normal guests which means they sell more and more fast tracks, then it gets to the point where everyone has to buy fast tracks, then the queue for fast track increases, then they decide to up the price....

Keep the price very high and only let people who don't care how much they spent fork out for them and give the average guest a better day out
If you go down to the woods today
KevBales

This may seem like an odd question and I probably know the answer to this... but is a fastrack for one person only and not for a group? So if you're in a family of four and you'd like to use fastrack tickets like the Adventurer one you'd have to buy it four times?
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."
Pennywise

KevBales wrote: This may seem like an odd question and I probably know the answer to this... but is a fastrack for one person only and not for a group? So if you're in a family of four and you'd like to use fastrack tickets like the Adventurer one you'd have to buy it four times?
Yes. Fastrack heavily favours those visiting the park alone, and thus discriminates against family groups who have to pay out multiple times.
RhysJones157

Me & My best friends have purchased  "Platinum Fast Track" wrist bands for one day to enjoy "scarefest", for which I am sure is going to be a busy day.  :p) It is Halloween, and we are going on a weekend,  there is definitely going to a lot of people, why not beat the queue's.

I work full time hours, I also have my own business, my social life at the moment, as you can imagine, isn't great. My friends and myself love the towers, and try to go once a year. I think if you go once or twice, then purchasing the "Platinum Fast Track" is an excellent idea.

Also, I think its more than sensible to purchase this, regardless of the price. As I don't live near Alton Towers, why would I not get the Ultimate fast track, moan all the way through the long queue's and be disappointed that it takes me 2 1/2 hours to get on a ride (EVERY other time I have gone in the past, I have never bought a fast track - and the main topic at the end of the day was - "wish we got on more rides, I didn't think it was going to be that busy".

I don't think of Alton Towers ever reasonably quiet. If you go on a quiet day, then you are either incredibly lucky, or know someone (Perhaps a travel operator or an Alton Towers Employee), who know what days are best to go. For people to say, fast track isn't fair, that's rubbish. It's not about having a lot of money to purchase a ticket, If you have a family, save up. If this means you only go once a year.. fine :p)
Lee

Going on a quiet day isn't about luck, but planning. I haven't purchased fast track all season at any Merlin park I've visited, and I've been around 20 times.

It doesn't really bother me if people purchase fastrack, but I do dislike the way people justify it. Why not be honest and say "I can't be bothered queuing" instead of using the park as an excuse. The mainline queues are made longer because fastrack slows the rides ability to feed throughput from the main queue. It's your money and all that, no need to justify it to anyone :)
ST-Chris

If you can afford it why not?

Me and the mrs just spent Saturday and Sunday at Scarefest, and both had platinums for Saturday and Sunday.

I didn't Q longer than about 5 mins for anything... and if you go on the Alton Towers app there's 20% off all fastracks at the moment.. so worked out a tad cheaper.

They were DEFO worth it... as The Smiler Q was pretty much 2hrs+ long all weekend.. and we just walked on every time.

Think I managed 10 in the daylight and 6 at night over the 2 days, plus all the other rides a good 3 times each day maybe more plus all of them at night.. it definitely makes that day so much better.
Last edited by ST-Chris on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
HLOUISEWOOD94

Do you have to buy fast track for the day for the Smiler online or when you get to AT?
ollboll9

TBH I don't see the impact it has on the main queue, it only makes it move slower. If there was no fastrack system then they'd just join the main one. Adding to what is, already ma-HUSIVE queues.
Poop. Always
DavidRock

Went to scarefest on Thursday 25th  and I'm back there on Thursday 31st again so I know it's going to be busy.

I've booked the Hotel for Sunday 10th November for the last day of the fireworks with my partner. She hasn't been to alton Towers since 2000 normally I wouldn't bother with fast pass as I go so many times with my MAP/Membership but as I know how busy fireworks can get (been every year since 1998) I've opted for the Gold fast pass.

Just spent £100 on them but I know she will enjoy the day and we will get to go on all the rides.

My opinion on them is as a one off for a special occasion then yes I suppose but on the whole I wouldn't normally get them.
Everton-99

Is The Smiler Fastrack available online? Was going to book tickets for the fireworks but I'm struggling to find the Fastrack for The Smiler!
Last edited by Everton-99 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee

Everton-99 wrote: Is The Smiler Fastrack available online? Was going to book tickets for the fireworks but I'm struggling to find the Fastrack for The Smiler!
They appear to have removed it from their app offering too. Seems they can't guarantee availability, so won't sell it in advance.
Aidan Lowe

You can still access it via the web here. Whether they allow the transaction I don't know. Seems wise to take it down, would cause so much havoc issuing refunds for everyone that asks.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc