2013 Scarefest

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

which scaremaze had the longest queue times

zombies scarezone
No votes
the sanctuary
8%
terror of the towers
17%
the carnival of screams
67%
none( refer to below)
8%

Total votes: 12
magicman85

Just seen that the "Trick or treat rooms" are now available.

http://www.altontowers.com/scarefest/trick-or-treat/
schmatt

Alton have posted 4 videos on their youtube, two of which show entertainment at the resort and the other two being for TOTT and TS.

http://www.youtube.com/user/officialalt ... ture=watch
LevSusenka

Someone mentioned a discount price for pass holders. Is this confirmed and is it by pre booking only or on the day?
LoopyDan

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the lineup is ToTT, Zombies, Sanctuary and CoS.
Liam B

LoopyDan wrote: Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the lineup is ToTT, Zombies, Sanctuary and CoS.
You're about a month late.
Last edited by Liam B on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
KoasterKraver

Double H

Anyone else know if the original scarefest app from last year is going to be updated for this year or was it just a last year one off app?
King Nemesis

Double H wrote: Anyone else know if the original scarefest app from last year is going to be updated for this year or was it just a last year one off app?
No new scarefest app, mentioned by AT twitter a week or two ago
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I'm assuming this is good news...

TomL

Was at Towers today and they stupidly left all of the entrance/exit gates to Zombies scare zone open all morning so grabbed a few shots. From what it looked like it was a few large prop pumpkins for franklin's freaky fun zone and a few bits of light theming for zombies.Image

Also later on in the day we happened to walk past the site for the Carnival of Screams when the gates were open so they could move barriers, here's a piccy :-)  Image

I noticed a lot of the lighting for SF has gone up too including LED stage lights under the Apex's of the roofs on towers street and other places such as on top of the ripsaw op cabin where 2 floodlighted have been covered with green translucent plastic.
Count-Vonduel

TomL wrote: Was at Towers today and they stupidly left all of the entrance/exit gates to Zombies scare zone open all morning so grabbed a few shots. From what it looked like it was a few large prop pumpkins for franklin's freaky fun zone and a few bits of light theming for zombies.Image

Also later on in the day we happened to walk past the site for the Carnival of Screams when the gates were open so they could move barriers, here's a piccy :-)  Image

I noticed a lot of the lighting for SF has gone up too including LED stage lights under the Apex's of the roofs on towers street and other places such as on top of the ripsaw op cabin where 2 floodlighted have been covered with green translucent plastic.
Where is the Scare Zone and CoS this year? and does the Dark Forest have green papered flood lights as well?
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
TomL

Zombies scare zone is located to the left of the entrance to Dark Forest and Carnival of screams is in goalstriker and the area behind it, there's a gate opposite the hospitality sweet where the entrance is. I didn't really notice any in Dark Forest however there still is 3 weeks until scarefest. The only things I noticed in DF was the chains of caged light bulbs for construction around the top of the food and games stalls.
ryanlovesaltontowers

Pretty sure those lights have been up on Towers Street all this year, and so have the gelled lights on Ripsaw's ops cabin
Starlight expresser

hey guys, is it me but does £40 unlimited access to mazes seem a bit steep? I love TOTT but refuse to pay that amount as I'm going for 3 days over the period. I'm gutted they now charge to enter this maze as i used to go on it time and time again, I'm hoping the price may be reduced or they release codes etc through twitter like they did last year

andy
Last edited by Starlight expresser on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Nemesis

Starlight expresser wrote: hey guys, is it me but does £40 unlimited access to mazes seem a bit steep? I love TOTT but refuse to pay that amount as i'm going for 3 days over the period. I'm gutted they now charge to enter this maze as i used to go on it time and time again, i'm hoping the price may be reduced or they realize codes etc through twitter like they did last year

andy
Honestly? No.

Think about it. Scarefest is more about the scare mazes and for AP members the combo ticket is £8.
If you were to save money in one day you would be needing to visit the paid mazes 5 times each.

To me that's pretty easy going in one day. But the pass is for the entire event.
So if you went 3 times (like me) chances are you would save a bit of money. Not to mention fastrack for CoS.

I think it is well worth the money and most people who will buy it will save money easily.
Danny

It's steep if you visit on three occasions, but to any seasoned Scarefest visitor then it's an absolute bargain. I'll be investing in one this year, albeit not quite visiting ten times :P
King Nemesis

It's all depends how you use it. I know on my 3/4 occasions I will be focussing on mazes. therefore more than likely save a bit of cash.

Where as some might go to scarefest and only visit the mazes one or two times.
Last edited by King Nemesis on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
JessicaAlex

I can't wait for when they put up the Scarefest pumpkin sign at the entrance because you know Scarefest has started when that bad boy goes up! Xx
[glow][/glow][align=][/align]Best ride ever: Nemesis
Runner up: The Smiler :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
beanz32101

Hi everyone. Im going on oct22nd this year as i like to go during the first week when the park is alot quieter but now it seems like it may be busy as isnt it half term that week? If it is would it still be better to go then or should we go the following week? Thanks for your input everyone.
mike
Geo9292

Hey so I'm going to fright night at Thorpe park this year but I've never been to scarefest. Wondering if anyone has been to both and knows which one is better?