2013 Scarefest

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

which scaremaze had the longest queue times

zombies scarezone
No votes
the sanctuary
8%
terror of the towers
17%
the carnival of screams
67%
none( refer to below)
8%

Total votes: 12
KoasterKraver

Could the carnival of screams be situated near the Zombies! ScareZone in Dark Forest? This is because we have seen theming behind the buildings in Dark Forest including mirrors and several other things. Could this be the new location or is it just a storage area?
Ripsaw Raver

Going with what we know of the new backstory for COS i cant help think that we will take a seat at sum-point as if going to see the show, only for a strobe to hit just when JN comes is triggering his insanity causing us to escape through the back areas of the circus. I would say that the DarkForest area would have a lot more room for a substantial maze and could see Zombies to goal striker.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
KoasterKraver

If Zombies! Scare Zone was situated inside the goal striker tent, it would be indoor. This would be awesome, and it would make it more scary. Also with the picture up a few posts, it shows where the entrance/exit could be.
Ripsaw Raver

Just to clear this up Zombies will be in its usuall location as it states on the AltonTowers Site-But i can see COS entering from the GoalStriker and exiting at the usual entrance, simply for the use of a sit down area if it would happen

Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
JessicaAlex

How much are the tickets for both TOTT and the sanctuary on the day? Xx
[glow][/glow][align=][/align]Best ride ever: Nemesis
Runner up: The Smiler :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Danny

JessicaAlex wrote: How much are the tickets for both TOTT and the sanctuary on the day? Xx

There isn't actually a walk up price listed, however if you book them online [even on the day you're going and then show the email upon arrival], it'll be £10 or £8 if you're an annual pass holder.
magicman85

JessicaAlex wrote: How much are the tickets for both TOTT and the sanctuary on the day? Xx
Mazes tickets combo are:

Combi Maze Pre - 5pm £10.00
Combi Maze after 5pm £12.00

You may buy them once inside the park as they are the same price as online.

Hope that helps.
JessicaAlex

Still can't believe that TOTT is a paid maze now. I think Alton Towers is just doing it for a laugh! Haha

Team Edit - Please refrain from swearing in your posts ~ Kirsty
Last edited by JessicaAlex on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayson2125

Zombie scare zone was originally behind goal striker before COS was moved there..

Many many thanks to Lewis97 for my signature file.
magicman85

JessicaAlex wrote: Still can't believe that TOTT is a paid maze now. I think Alton Towers is just doing it for a laugh! Haha

Team Edit - Please refrain from swearing in your posts ~ Kirsty
Paid or not does not make much difference really seeing as COS is now free. Also they have done it as TOTT & The sanctuary are next to each other and makes it easier for people to get from 1 maze to the next within 30 mins...
King Nemesis

It does state Zombies! to be located at the entrance of the dark forest so maybe a turn around?

As in enter near dark forest and exit at the previous entrance (even though the bus is still there so therefore would be no "Quarantine Tent" ending.
Liam B

King Nemesis wrote: It does state Zombies! to be located at the entrance of the dark forest so maybe a turn around?

As in enter near dark forest and exit at the previous entrance (even though the bus is still there so therefore would be no "Quarantine Tent" ending.
I was thinking they might turn it around to make it more obvious as to where it is. It was wasn't hidden away that much last year but people may have been slightly confused at night to where it is so If it's beside the dark forest it may make it a bit busier.
King Nemesis

hambletwins wrote:
King Nemesis wrote: It does state Zombies! to be located at the entrance of the dark forest so maybe a turn around?

I was thinking they might turn it around to make it more obvious as to where it is. It was wasn't hidden away that much last year but people may have been slightly confused at night to where it is so If it's beside the dark forest it may make it a bit busier.
My thoughts exactly! :)
silenthillXD

Where do people think Carnival is going to be this year? Goal Striker was still open today and wasn't showing any signs of moving either. I tried looking around the park to see where it could go but couldn't see any potential sites. Anyone got any ideas?
Ripsaw Raver

I know its a long shot but maybe some kind of bigtop on the lawn? or some usage of the Haunted Hollow. My thoughts will be that this year you will enter through the goal striker so as to have a wide open area for the entrance and then some kind of narrow escape through the trees out the back of the circus. Either way i shall be getting a day freedom tickets and having a serious day of mazeing

Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Liam B

They won't spend that much money on a big top. I'm presuming they will be looking for a place where they can set up a large queue as last year it only just managed to handle it and it wasn't free then! I do wonder... I'm sure last year at this time goalstriker was closed and getting construction done. But where are they gonna put it? Off the top of my head the only other place I can think of is hospitality suite. It can't be up at the hotels due to it being a free maze outside the park. Maybe there just giving it a wee while before construction.
The Crab of Nemesis

CoS is going in exactly the same place as last year - Goalstriker. I tweeted them a few days ago as I too was curious and they confirmed the same location and that construction would start very soon. I think that's a good idea, GS was a pretty perfect size for CoS and as long as they have the decoration outside again it should be pretty awesome.
ImageSince 2008
Liam B

Well I've decided me and my mates are going as zombie convicts! It's a cheap idea which should work well. Hopefully scare a couple people! Any news on carnival? just under a month to go and still no sign of construction. 
JessicaAlex

Wwhere can you buy the combi tickets from, when you are in the park? Xx
Danny

JessicaAlex wrote: Wwhere can you buy the combi tickets from, when you are in the park? Xx
You'll be able to purchase them from Box Office on Towers Street, as well as the designated sales points around the park.