2013 Scarefest

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

which scaremaze had the longest queue times

zombies scarezone
No votes
the sanctuary
8%
terror of the towers
17%
the carnival of screams
67%
none( refer to below)
8%

Total votes: 12
Count-Vonduel

jayson2125 wrote: We will be going on the 19th 20th and the 26th weather permitting.

You wont be able to miss us as we will be in the same costumes as last year but more of us.

We were the Victorian family that came second(boooooo) in the fancy dress competition.

14 of us going on the 19th all in costume so say hello.
I think I saw you last year, Were you walking around with somone in a big over-the-top Frankinstine costume?
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
Count-Vonduel

Another update from Towers Nerd.
Posted by Towers Nerd Forum Member Stretchy

Here is a pic of the maze construction inside the towers. I'm unsure what these could be used for but I'm guessing either Sanctuary patients or victims for the Vampires in ToTT?
Another thing these could be used for could be for the CoS and they are just using the towers for storage.
Then there is this picture
I want to say that the smiler yellow thing will be for the Sanctuary, but it looks old (possibly from a past flat) so I think that it will be either used for the Sanctuary (which may have a rundown theme this year) or for CoS
and then there is that other junk. Notice the wood thing what that yellow thing is resting on, upon zooming in, I saw that there is another wood thing round the side which may point towards a babies crib (either a maternaty unit for the Sacntuary, a baby vampire or victim for ToTT or even used for the tiny clown from CoS) I would love to hear your views on these pics and what you think they may be.
Last edited by Count-Vonduel on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
swalesuk01

The wood thing just looks like a garden bench to me
jayson2125

Count-Vonduel wrote:
jayson2125 wrote: We will be going on the 19th 20th and the 26th weather permitting.

You wont be able to miss us as we will be in the same costumes as last year but more of us.

We were the Victorian family that came second(boooooo) in the fancy dress competition.

14 of us going on the 19th all in costume so say hello.
I think I saw you last year, Were you walking around with somone in a big over-the-top Frankinstine costume?
Not us im afraid..

Many many thanks to Lewis97 for my signature file.
CJH

Count-Vonduel wrote: Another update from Towers Nerd.
Posted by Towers Nerd Forum Member Stretchy

Here is a pic of the maze construction inside the towers. I'm unsure what these could be used for but I'm guessing either Sanctuary patients or victims for the Vampires in ToTT?
Another thing these could be used for could be for the CoS and they are just using the towers for storage.
Then there is this picture
I want to say that the smiler yellow thing will be for the Sanctuary, but it looks old (possibly from a past flat) so I think that it will be either used for the Sanctuary (which may have a rundown theme this year) or for CoS
and then there is that other junk. Notice the wood thing what that yellow thing is resting on, upon zooming in, I saw that there is another wood thing round the side which may point towards a babies crib (either a maternaty unit for the Sacntuary, a baby vampire or victim for ToTT or even used for the tiny clown from CoS) I would love to hear your views on these pics and what you think they may be.
The yellow things I am sure are old event EXIT signs.
Chris 21 Manchester
Ripsaw Raver

are kids on holiday first week of scarefest?
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Ladyofthelake

Ripsaw Raver wrote: are kids on holiday first week of scarefest?
Depends on what area they're in - some schools have half term 19/10-27/10, and some 26/10-3/11.
W@LLI$

Ripsaw Raver wrote: are kids on holiday first week of scarefest?
If it helps I know for a fact that most of East Anglia break up for half term on the 28th October.
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
TylerBreeze

Staffordshire Schools are off from the 28th.

I've done my research for when to visit ;)
Liam B

if anybody dosen't know scare mazes can now be booked and the mazes have videos up YAY but tott is still the same. The video is what they played as the intro vid last year.

http://www.altontowers.com/scarefest/te ... he-towers/

EDIT: £20 for a full day of going on mazes is not bad! And after 4pm ticket is back which I'm soooooooooo happy about!
Last edited by Liam B on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altontowersbarlow

We are employing special lighting effects, theatrical make up and stage props throughout this attraction, to maximise the ghoulish nature of the environment!, this is what it says on the scare room description. if they are employing lighting to the scare rooms there could be better lighting around the park.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

This is what it says right near the bottom of all of the scaremaze pages...
A limited number of Extreme Maze Experience tickets will be available on the day
Is this something new? So I'm assuming these tickets must allow access during a period where the mazes become even more intense?
Danny

TowersTimes have created a full roundup of easy to read information based on the new details that the Resort have released. You can read this here.
Liam B

lewis97 wrote: This is what it says right near the bottom of all of the scaremaze pages...
A limited number of Extreme Maze Experience tickets will be available on the day
Is this something new? So I'm assuming these tickets must allow access during a period where the mazes become even more intense?
yes it happened last year were the actors physically grab you and might take you away somewhere. It's either that or you go in on your own... Does anybody know how much those tickets cost? if there not too much more al def give them a go!
Last edited by Liam B on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double H

hambletwins wrote:
lewis97 wrote: This is what it says right near the bottom of all of the scaremaze pages...
yes it happened last year were the actors physically grab you and might take you away somewhere. It's either that or you go in on your own... Does anybody know how much those tickets cost? if there not too much more al def give them a go!
So like fun to me, where do I sign?

Went as Ezio last year from AC2 not suit am dressing up this year. If I do I was thinking zombie pirate like undead Barbossa from Pirates of the Caribbean 1.... undecided
Deejay

Hey Guys, anyone planning a ScareFest day should consider the TT ScareMazing event, details will be released soon but you can save the date! It's on Saturday 26th October with a mini-meet on the 27th!

What we have secured for the event is so Spooktacular it's definitely one not to be missed :)
Kirsty25

Do a lot of people go dressed up?
King Nemesis

Noticed this on the website:

This year's Scarefest brings the opportunity to ride the world's first 14 looping rollercoaster in total darkness, casting advocates into the unknown.

Interesting.. Hint at no genny lights near Smiler (I wish...)
Liam B

Kirsty25 wrote: Do a lot of people go dressed up?
Not a huge amount. You do see a few everyo now and again. Me and 4 of mates went as high school nerds in 2011. It's fun to see the looks haha! Trying hard to xome up with a good group idea this year.
Kirsty25

I don't know if I could do dressing up even for one day, would be quite cool but depends if I can come up with an idea that would be practical for a day at the theme park...