2013 Scarefest

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

which scaremaze had the longest queue times

zombies scarezone
No votes
the sanctuary
8%
terror of the towers
17%
the carnival of screams
67%
none( refer to below)
8%

Total votes: 12
ROYJESS

ThrillBaby wrote:
I have emailed them saying thank you for the change back i know its sad, but working in the customer service industry, everyone is always quick to complain but never very quick at giving thanks when somethings been made better. (Thats my people person coming out) lol!
No it's not sad...I fully agree with you.  I've spent the last few weeks complaining to Alton about the early 7pm closure.  However like you, the first thing I did when I found out the news about the 9pm closing times, I emailed them to say thanks. 

I always give praise when it's due.
Lucieloo

ROYJESS wrote:
ThrillBaby wrote:
I have emailed them saying thank you for the change back i know its sad, but working in the customer service industry, everyone is always quick to complain but never very quick at giving thanks when somethings been made better. (Thats my people person coming out) lol!
No it's not sad...I fully agree with you.  I've spent the last few weeks complaining to Alton about the early 7pm closure.  However like you, the first thing I did when I found out the news about the 9pm closing times, I emailed them to say thanks. 

I always give praise when it's due.
Yup I'm going to do this too..I had thought about it yesterday myself actually.. very nice touch! It will show them that we care and that we are grateful..
Still so pleased about this.. What a team we are!!
First person ever to be proposed to on the Smiler! xxxxxx
And because of that I am now Mrs A....
noah.boyd.902

Can you please bring back the old haunted house back? :(
Double H

hursty wrote: There we are
OH SWEET NECTAR!!!!! You may throw my hat!
Double H

Just sent them an email of thanks to express my happiness with there decision. Maybe there is hope in numbers.

66 sleeps to go let the count down begin! I am happier than a kid in a sweet shop!
Count-Vonduel

Now that AT have changed 'Franklyns Freaky Farm' to 'Franklyns Freaky Fun Zone' and moved it from the farm to the Towers, that means that they can no longer use the Scarecrow theme. So what do you think they will do instead and what do you think the theme for 'Franklyns Freaky Fun Zone' will be? Personally I hope they make it witch themed to go with the Hex, which will practically be in the Fun Zone and ask for Tower Street iI would like to see a Skull Theme like in 2007, or a Pumpkin  Theme like in 2008, or anything to do with Halloween, but now I think about it, they will probably just ruin it by making it Smiler Themed.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
magicman85

Count-Vonduel wrote: Now that AT have changed 'Franklyns Freaky Farm' to 'Franklyns Freaky Fun Zone' and moved it from the farm to the Towers, that means that they can no longer use the Scarecrow theme. So what do you think they will do instead and what do you think the theme for 'Franklyns Freaky Fun Zone' will be? Personally I hope they make it witch themed to go with the Hex, which will practically be in the Fun Zone and ask for Tower Street iI would like to see a Skull Theme like in 2007, or a Pumpkin  Theme like in 2008, or anything to do with Halloween, but now I think about it, they will probably just ruin it by making it Smiler Themed.
I cant see them changing the theme to be honest. Weather its in the farm or not I reckon it will still be the same theming. Which I'm hoping they do and spent more time on other things ie: the lighting, mazes and actors.
The mazes in my opinion is not enough alone... They need to bring duel live back etc... i would love to see an extreme scaremaze next to the hotels, suitable for adults only and only opens after 9pm...
Liam B

magicman85 wrote:
Count-Vonduel wrote: Now that AT have changed 'Franklyns Freaky Farm' to 'Franklyns Freaky Fun Zone' and moved it from the farm to the Towers, that means that they can no longer use the Scarecrow theme. So what do you think they will do instead and what do you think the theme for 'Franklyns Freaky Fun Zone' will be? Personally I hope they make it witch themed to go with the Hex, which will practically be in the Fun Zone and ask for Tower Street iI would like to see a Skull Theme like in 2007, or a Pumpkin  Theme like in 2008, or anything to do with Halloween, but now I think about it, they will probably just ruin it by making it Smiler Themed.
I cant see them changing the theme to be honest. Weather its in the farm or not I reckon it will still be the same theming. Which I'm hoping they do and spent more time on other things ie: the lighting, mazes and actors.
The mazes in my opinion is not enough alone... They need to bring duel live back etc... i would love to see an extreme scaremaze next to the hotels, suitable for adults only and only opens after 9pm...
I don't think there would ever be a need to have a maze become 18+. They can go full gore and scare at 14+. Unless you need to sign a form to say the zombies can actually nibble you hahaha.
magicman85

hambletwins wrote:
magicman85 wrote:
I don't think there would ever be a need to have a maze become 18+. They can go full gore and scare at 14+. Unless you need to sign a form to say the zombies can actually nibble you hahaha.
I'm going more on the lines of this.... Which believe me you need to be 18. I won tickets last year for this and omg its the most intense thing I have every witnessed...

http://www.projectfear.co.uk/
Liam B

magicman85 wrote:
hambletwins wrote:
magicman85 wrote: I cant see them changing the theme to be honest. Weather its in the farm or not I reckon it will still be the same theming. Which I'm hoping they do and spent more time on other things ie: the lighting, mazes and actors.
I'm going more on the lines of this.... Which believe me you need to be 18. I won tickets last year for this and omg its the most intense thing I have every witnessed...

http://www.projectfear.co.uk/
Well yes that sounds bloody amazing! But you need to agree you have no mental problems or physical problems and that you don't mind being touched. I would say anybody from 14+ as long as they agree to it would be completely fine in that type of thing. In this day and age kids from 14+ can handle most things unless they do have problems. I would still say 14+ seems perfectly reasonable and the only reason they can't have that restriction is because of health and safety reasons. and we all know what health and safety is like...
altontowerskid

Alton have no need to create a scare attraction that would have to be 18+.

I'm definitely holding out for another attraction to be announced. With Thorpe announcing a "new age of live action entertainment", its sounds like some big changes are coming. I really would like if Alton could match this, something new and refreshing, or I feel Scarefest will be a bit of a wasted journey.
Dean P

So were coming to the end of august surely the towers slowly gets shut down and changes are being made around the park. i remember one year they closed a door in the towers blocking a certain room it was filled with drapes and body fake body parts etc. can someone closer go on a hunt with a camera for some updates/progress.? even better some behind the scenes pics of all the props effects! (bit nerdy lol id love to have a day behind the scence all the workings etc)
Liam B

quick question what is the usual after 4pm price?
was it £10 last year? and I take it you can't use 2 for 1 on them?  ;)
Last edited by Liam B on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeanGaryCox

scarefestjoe wrote: Sitting this year out. Fed up of the same old same to be honest. I was a hardcore scarefest fan used to tell everyone how amazing it was, we have been coming since room 13 was the only maze and free IMO these last few years scarefest has just gone backwards. Would much prefer to spend my money at scare attractions across the uk such as shocktoberfest, scarekingdom and farmageddon. Far superior scares for a fraction of the price!!
i think you're forgetting that Alton Towers is a theme park though and not just a scare attraction - and doesn't aim to be an overly scary one at that due to the park appealing to pretty much everyone, so no 'scary' roaming actors etc. you can't expect the world and complain about the price, it is a theme park as well, and you're being charged pretty much the same for extra park hours, theming, and a free maze or 2 (with paid ones as well).

i think you may want to try thorpe this year, as without having really revealed any details, it looks as if they are completely changing it, and upping the budget, for the better!
Image 2014
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Dean P wrote: So were coming to the end of august surely the towers slowly gets shut down...
Image from TS' Twitter

Double H

They don't come any better than that ^^^^

any news on the new scaremaze I hear they are opening?
King Nemesis

Double H wrote: They don't come any better than that ^^^^

I heard that too but before everything was announced.. It could be possible for them to update closer to scarefest but in all fairness I doubt it.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

King Nemesis wrote:
Double H wrote: They don't come any better than that ^^^^

I heard that too but before everything was announced.. It could be possible for them to update closer to scarefest but in all fairness I doubt it.
Looking back in the TT archives, it was about this time last year that more details were released regarding the scare mazes, namely The Sanctuary.

However, I can't see them adding another scaremaze as I believe there has always been 3 mazes, and then for the past few years the Zombie Scare-Zone. Also where would another maze be situated?
Count-Vonduel

Count-Vonduel wrote: We also have a real puzzler regarding the mazes, this image was released in a press release as a cyriptic hint.
vvv

Alot of people over on Towers Nerd think that it is somthing to do with the film Dead Silence, but to me it looks more like that puppet thing from last years Carnival of Screams promo image.
vvv

Also notice that the hand looks undead, my theory is either false information to build hype or a zombie re-theme of Carnival of Screams.
I was just thinking, this may have somthing to do with Victor Hamble and the undead hand may represent the fact that he is being braught back (from the dead)...but I doubt it.
Last edited by Count-Vonduel on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
Lotty

It would be awesome if they put a new one by the hotel again, or maybe within the hotel? but as for on the park? i really dont know where they could put another maze.

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)