Prices now out for 2013 - Feb and halloween and fireworks 2013

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Themeparksandy1981

Marcus Assab wrote: £46 for adults and £36 for children,that is disgusting. The park is only open for like 6-7 hours some days, and parking to rise from £5?! Outrageous.  Thank god my family have annual passes and a premium card.
How much is it for a family of 4 on a annual pass?

It's pointless me getting a pass as I be going on my own all the time as most of my friends are like me now married with kids.

Marcus Assab I don't get your point on parking, it's been £6 for a couple of years now so already above £5 and there are no plans for it to rise next season at the moment.
DavidRock

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
Marcus Assab wrote: £46 for adults and £36 for children,that is disgusting. The park is only open for like 6-7 hours some days, and parking to rise from £5?! Outrageous.  Thank god my family have annual passes and a premium card.
How much is it for a family of 4 on a annual pass?

It's pointless me getting a pass as I be going on my own all the time as most of my friends are like me now married with kids.
Merlin are doing a JAN Sale at present.......

Individual PREMIUM

£195 - Full Price

£121 - Sale Price

SAVE £74

Family (3, 4 or 5)
Maximum of 2 adults****

£146.40pp - Normal Price

£90pp - Sale Price

SAVE £56.40pp

****How do I know if I qualify for the family rate?

If you have more than 3 people who would like to purchase a Merlin Annual Pass, then you will be able to purchase at the family rate. For Passes purchased from the 26th December 2011 onwards a maximum of 3 guests over the age of 12 per family pass will apply.

If you already have a pass you can renew with these prices and they will add a year when your current pass expires.

Info taken off the Merlin Annual Pass Website.....

Now im tempted to renew 5 months early to get the discount instead of the usual 25%  :D :D
AdrenalineAlex

I don't know why people are saying the £1 is going to benefit the park? I went far few times to any of the Merlin Parks this years because of my friends said it was too expensive (they're not intelligent enough to buy an annual pass), if anything it's just going to just decrease demand. Yeah, it's only a pound, but the price is already ridiculous.
bensaund

Agreed, I got a MAP as I love the parks and go often enough for it to be value for money.

BUT I would not pay normal price + parking for one visit as I feel this is a complete rip off.

When I read that people spend hundreds of pounds by buying normal full priced tickets, then buy fast tracks on top + parking, then complain they don't get the experiences they expected, who is to blame?
  • Merlin for not giving them what they expected?
  • Them for being stupid enough to pay all that cash?
Everything needs to be value for money and I believe that Merlin are doing this January sale to get more and more people to get a pass as they know people will visit more of their attractions and Merlin will get more money out of people over the course of a year at all attractions rather than on a single visit.
If you go down to the woods today
oliviamae

I don't think it's stupid to pay the full amount. It's a treat for most families, a closer-to-home Disneyland jaunt. It's something special that is planned in advance and the children count down the days. All family outings like these get a little stressful and experiences are dampened but I don't think the blame can lie solely on the entrance fee - the park is what you make of it and there are more than enough vouchers and discounts out there. It's not a rip off if it's something you fiercely enjoy. I would say that a day at AT is worth £46, but I also get a lift there, take my own packed lunch, etc so I am not paying for all of the amenities.
rossdeadmanz

There are ALWAYS 2-For-1 vouchers available to some extent. I can't remember the last time I paid full admission!
Themeparksandy1981

The 2 for 1 only work if you go with a group of m8s as if u go as a couple or family you end up paying for everyone. My work m8 got 3 kids and money so tight to them they haven't done anything as a family for about 5 years. The spare money he and his wife make so towards birthday and Christmas presents. His always going into his overdraft just to pay bills. If you ask people at my work they rather pay less to go on a sun holiday for 4 nights for a family of 4/5 than a day at Alton Towers.