BBC - Who do you think you are? - William Roache & Alton Towers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
roary01

This was aired last night (weds 27th) and it was an interesting watch due to Roache's parents/grand parents were involved with Alton Towers and one of his relations ran the Alton Towers Cafe, in which he went back to Alton Towers ruins and recalled how it was back when he used to go there when it was the stately home.
Its definitely worth a watch and really interesting to see how the estate looked back in the times of it been the home/cafe

Watch now on BBC iPlayer while you can(alton towers is in the first part of the show)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... am_Roache/
Last edited by roary01 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JMR

Nice find! Very interesting.

"As you know it's a theme park now. But how nice to have that, yeh that your milling around in your own back garden and now it's Alton Towers"  :P  :D

Haha
scw55

I might actually watch that episode.
Chaz

I didn't usually watch this programme but it was on in the background and I perked up when I saw this. Really interesting and a bit of AT history too :D
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
geduk

And dont forget lots of history of early Blackpool too..

I do hope that Merlin will restore the towers and make them open to the public one day like Warwick Castle but in the mean time It would be nice to see a proper History Museum installed.
spark

Defo worth a watch. Especially interesting that she owned the cafe at the bottom of Alton too