What is so good about Nemesis???

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
valhallaist

Well it's not just the rollercoaster itself, the theme and the atmosphere count as well. It also has a nostalgia factor. I was in awe of it as a child.
JaykeAT

Nemesis is unique,alot of B&M Inverts are quite generic,if you've done one,you've done them all but nemesis is different.
PeteB

owenrita121 wrote:
PeteB wrote: I think the nail has been hit firmly on the head by a few people here, and Boz makes some excellent points there.

Anyone in doubt of Nemesis should try riding it a few times, especially getting familiar with the front row which is one of the most amazing coaster experiences ever.

Despite other fast coasters coming along, it is still one of the most intense in the world.
I have been on the ride over 50 times, and I don't think it even comes close to the most amazing coaster experience ever.
So, what is a better ride than Nemesis in your opinion?
AJLlama

I completely fell in love with Nemmy and even named my cat after her/him. I went on Inferior first and quite enjoyed it, but when i went on Nemmy, i thought, wow! this is what they can do.
PeteB

AJLlama wrote: I completely fell in love with Nemmy and even named my cat after her/him. I went on Inferior first and quite enjoyed it, but when i went on Nemmy, i thought, wow! this is what they can do.
I think that says it all really. For someone to ride Inferior first, which isn't really a bad ride to be honest, and then still be wowed by Nemesis is quite something.
Chaz

AJLlama wrote: I completely fell in love with Nemmy and even named my cat after her/him. I went on Inferior first and quite enjoyed it, but when i went on Nemmy, i thought, wow! this is what they can do.
I named my first rat Nemesis for the same reason.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Kenzie2012

They just don't do them like Nemesis anymore....
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
MattsDesigns

Would you survive Nemesis without the restraints? -Its not like you are ever thrown at them, except at the end lol.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Kenzie2012

First few rows on the loop maybe?!!?!
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
MattsDesigns

True. The seat-ward force would just end up swinging you off, kind of like mud flying off a tyre  :D
scott.smith

Nemesis with lap bars, ha ha ha that would be rollercoaster sex
MattsDesigns

lol - ripsaw with just a lap bar.
owenrita121

PeteB wrote:
owenrita121 wrote:
PeteB wrote: I think the nail has been hit firmly on the head by a few people here, and Boz makes some excellent points there.

Anyone in doubt of Nemesis should try riding it a few times, especially getting familiar with the front row which is one of the most amazing coaster experiences ever.

Despite other fast coasters coming along, it is still one of the most intense in the world.
I have been on the ride over 50 times, and I don't think it even comes close to the most amazing coaster experience ever.
Everything at Thorpe Park and PortAventura, G force at Drayton Manor, Rita and Thi3teen and lot more.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the ride, but I think it's way to overated.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
sully1311

owenrita121 wrote:
PeteB wrote:
owenrita121 wrote: I have been on the ride over 50 times, and I don't think it even comes close to the most amazing coaster experience ever.
Everything at Thorpe Park and PortAventura, G force at Drayton Manor, Rita and Thi3teen and lot more.
This has got to be a joke now, right?
owenrita121

Nemesis fanboy waves coming at me. ;)
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
The Moon

Okay, if you like it, great, if you don't, great. Less queue for me.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
PeteB

owenrita121 wrote:
PeteB wrote:
owenrita121 wrote: I have been on the ride over 50 times, and I don't think it even comes close to the most amazing coaster experience ever.
Please leave the forum!

I'm just kidding  :lol:
Pennywise

owenrita121 wrote:Everything at Thorpe Park and PortAventura, G force at Drayton Manor, Rita and Thi3teen and lot more.
G-Force? That is the most painful, disgusting excuse for a ride I've ever ridden... I don't rate Nemesis highly whatsoever, but ranking it below that? Wow.
Don't_Look_Down

What's not to love about Nemesis? It has one of the most unique and intense layouts in the world. You also have to take into account the vast landscaping and interaction with the local terrain. It's one awesome experience, and there hasn't been anything like it since.

How you can rate G Force is beyond me...
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
spark

owenrita121 wrote:
PeteB wrote:
Lmfao why not add the nutty squrrel ride and the runaway train to your list.

Sorry but clearly you don't understand what makes for a good roller coaster yet, yes TP have some great coasters but saying Rita and G force are better clearly shows a lack of respect for Nemesis