Caribe creek bar prices

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jack and daddy

Having just returned from Alton Towers" staying i splash Landing Hotel in the last four years in a row now. have to say the change of the bar area looks better but prices and options are poor . last year pay £3.50 for nice chilled pint of lager this year you're paying £3.95 for Luke warm plastic bottle of Budweiser. And  no hotdogs
capital city service #1 these colours don't run
jmc

Drink prices are atrocious. I really do feel as though they just try and get away with whatever they can because guests dont have any choice.
Shutterbug

The splashlandings resort or actual hotel section? To be fair, you can get a bucket of budweiser with 4 bottles in it for £10 from Ma Garitas :)
Jack and daddy

It was the bar in the swimming pool . But agree the bud bucket deal is great.
Shutterbug

Oh yeah the bar in the waterpark takes the p*ss a bit, bottle of coke is £1.80/90 and when it's worse than what you'd pay at a train station then you know it's bad...
garyh

Actually I think he bar prices in Alton are very good for a hotel.  I was out in Cardiff on the weekend and most pubs now charge in excess of £4 for a bottle of beer.  Go into a Holiday Inn bar and you can pay up for £4.60 for a pint, so I think under £4 in Alton Towers considering its a hotel is not bad at all, and even better with your 20% discount! 
Themeparksandy1981

garyh wrote: Actually I think he bar prices in Alton are very good for a hotel.  I was out in Cardiff on the weekend and most pubs now charge in excess of £4 for a bottle of beer.  Go into a Holiday Inn bar and you can pay up for £4.60 for a pint, so I think under £4 in Alton Towers considering its a hotel is not bad at all, and even better with your 20% discount!
I was in Birmingham town centre and most bars were selling real ale for under £2. I think the most we paid was £3
Jack and daddy

The point I was making was in regard to the changes at the pool area. Not any were else in the complex good selection of chilled draft pints' £3.50 to 300ml plastic room temp bud £3.95. Just a small matter of concern to in my book the best water park in uk bar non.
MattsDesigns

That does sound extortionate. Whats the justification for these prices?
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Jack and daddy

Last week the pool Attendant told me they were not going to put up entrance price" but instead put a £1 on all lockers . One month later lockers still up and admission increased to 27.50  for one adult plus child also no more 3pm half price . It's a absolute travesty.......
Kenzie2012

Jack and daddy wrote: Last week the pool Attendant told me they were not going to put up entrance price" but instead put a £1 on all lockers . One month later lockers still up and admission increased to 27.50  for one adult plus child also no more 3pm half price . It's a absolute travesty.......
I really don't see what your complaining at there.
We've just been to a waterpark that cost €33 per person wit no real justification to be any more than you pay to get into the water park at AT.
The lockers were €15 non refundable rent for the day and would suite 1 persons use for the day. You'd have a squeeze to fit 2 lots of belongings in them.

The alcohol is a different matter though. The Bud would have gone back for a cold 1 or a refund if it was me
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
garyh

Agree that the pool area drinks and food prices are extortionate.  I thought you were referring to prices in the dragon bar and splash hotel. 
PeteB

You wanna try having a night out around Sunderland and Newcastle - £4 a pint and bottles are always more expensive.

Alton's alcohol prices while expensive are inline with current trends. It's all a rip off if you ask me, but maybe we just got too used to super cheap booze that supermarkets sell at a loss.
Hibscasual

I think jack and daddy's point was that the changes to the pool area were disappointing. The price jump just one of the problems. As for prices in Sunderland and Newcastle they would have to pay me to drink any one of those cities. To be asked to pay more for bottle rather than draft is ludicrous.........
Last edited by Hibscasual on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let vintage cars rust in peace