Ordered ticket online, but....

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
mutto

Hi,

I purchased a single adult ticket online but accidently chose the wrong date for my visit! I've rang the helpline and the guy said that I could still use the ticket on a different date but I'd have to pay a 're-booking fee' of £5, which I'd have to pay at the kiosk.

Can anyone confirm this is correct?

Also, as I have been emailed my ticket - it's a 'Print at Home Ticket', it says to just scan the ticket at an automated kiosk - so how will I have to pay the £5 rebooking fee?....or shall I just walk up to a manned kiosk?

Any help would be great, to put my mind at ease.

Many Thanks
PeteMadden

Try a manned kiosk. If that's what the helpline has told you then tell the person at the kiosk you booked for the wrong date and were informed by the helpline it could be used on the day with an extra £5, I'm, sure the helpline won't be wrong.
mutto

Thanks for the advice.

I've used their online form to just to make sure that this is the case, before Sunday comes.

Although, I've found no more information about this on the website.  :?

Cheers!
mutto

Just had a repsonse back..

"Thank you for your email regarding your tickets. Please present this email along with your tickets to the pre booked ticket office at admissions and they will be happy to revalidate the tickets."

Nice one. Let's hope the weather eases off a bit for Sunday!
The Moon

Thats nice Merlin. I accidentally clicked the wrong day. So CHARGE me for it.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Benzin

The Moon wrote: Thats nice Merlin. I accidentally clicked the wrong day. So CHARGE me for it.
Most companies do this... Indeed, rearranging my flights for Germany with EasyJet cost essentially the SAME AMOUNT as the flights cost in the first place... One of these days people will stop bashing Merlin for things that are completely commonplace in the leisure industry...

Should always double check when booking specific dates...
The Moon

But tell me where my £5 would be going if I did this. How would it cost them more to move a date on a computer? I don't know many people on £5 a minute.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
TowserIV

You just seem to have an axe to grind Mr Moon,  :evil:

The point is not that it is costing £5 a minute to change bookings but that is the price they choose to charge for altering the terms and conditions (in this case the date) that you legally agreed to when booking.

As a previous poster said this is no different to all other companies that charge a fee to change any of the details for your booking, even the OP can accept that it was thier own fault.
The Moon

Likely. I guess I have to get used to English services. Still cracks me up, though.

Toke up...
HFantasma

^ This is England. You either pay the money or don't bother. 
Have you ever done KPI for Merlin Attractions? You might want to investigate whether there is a KPI machine or form available at AT so you can express yourself.

And yes it's pretty much a standard practice when changing the T&C's of a booking, definitely not just a Merlin thing.
Next Trip: Alton Towers 16/17 October!
garyh

I had to do this last month and they didnt say I would have to pay any fee - they just did it so whether this is a new charge I dont know......
mutto

Had a good day yesterday, weather was lovely!

I went to the pre booked ticket office, and explained that I accidently booked the ticket for the wrong date etc..

The guy said that the helpline always say that there is a £5 fee but that is incorrect as they've no way of 'doing that' on their system.

Happy days.
HFantasma

mutto wrote: Had a good day yesterday, weather was lovely!

I went to the pre booked ticket office, and explained that I accidently booked the ticket for the wrong date etc..

The guy said that the helpline always say that there is a £5 fee but that is incorrect as they've no way of 'doing that' on their system.

Happy days.
Good times! Glad you had a great day!
Next Trip: Alton Towers 16/17 October!