Queueline mystery?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Don't_Look_Down

There appears to be a miniature (what looks like) queueline to the left of the Duel entrance. Does anyone know what this is/was used for?

I noticed this for the first time yesterday.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Longy

Do you mean the queue that goes through the woods?
That is Duel's extended queue which is only open on extremely busy days and Scarefest. It is incredibly long and has some good theming features! If you can go down it, do it!
Don't_Look_Down

Ah, thanks for clearing that up :)
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
mrbrightside

As duel is a throughput MONSTER though, it's rarely used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
roary01

yeah about that, when i went on friday i noticed they had replaced some of the wood fence in the old Q,
but it didnt even get used at scarefest last year, so why bother replacing the wood??

I just had a good idea though, couldn't they use this area as a maze/scare-zone as it does stretch quite far down, and i mean an outdoor maze to tie in with the Haunted house??

relate it back to the story, the scientist guy goes missing and the zombies are back... you go looking in the woods where he went missing, but all wasn't going to be as safe as you thought...
Last edited by roary01 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pennywise

roary01 wrote: yeah about that, when i went on friday i noticed they had replaced some of the wood fence in the old Q,
but it didnt even get used at scarefest last year, so why bother replacing the wood??
It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Duel: Live will return this year, which would result in lengthy queues through the woodland based on past events. Here's to hoping!
Sazzle

If my memory serves me correctly, there were actors in there one year for Scarefest - 2007 possibly?

I'm sure I've queued in there in the last year or so, though not very far around. It makes for a pleasant experience during the evenings of Halloween :).

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Magrathea

The original queue was definitely being used at Fireworks last year to my memory too, I do miss Duel live though!
Longy

The extended queue was open for last year's Scarefest, as I remember a ride op directing people down the queue.
It was only open towards the end of the day though, but, in my opinion, that was perfectly fine as it looked great at night!
oldgitBEN

Indeed Saz 2007 did have a live actor.

It was a much better concept too, the front door was 'locked' so you had to go through the outdoor queue which has an actor (well a grave digger, just aimlessly walking around). Then when you got to the door a servant let you in, you then walked straight through the house to the loading area - but did meet more actors on the way.
It was very very very cleverly done.
ParkLogic_Chris

oldgitBEN wrote: Indeed Saz 2007 did have a live actor.

It was a much better concept too, the front door was 'locked' so you had to go through the outdoor queue which has an actor (well a grave digger, just aimlessly walking around). Then when you got to the door a servant let you in, you then walked straight through the house to the loading area - but did meet more actors on the way.
I remember something similar from I think it was 2009. It was fantastic as it allowed an extra area of the ride to be used and have a completely different feel to the main season without costing massive amounts to run, I'd love to see that return although Skelvin's is probably more likely which although enjoyable wasn't as good as Duel: Live.
Chris-TT

oldgitBEN wrote: Indeed Saz 2007 did have a live actor.

I remember this, shame they havent utilised The Haunted House/Duel more at Scarefest. We saw at TT@10 what good shape the original rides in. They could utilise it a lot more over the festive season.
AstroDan

Duel Live was great. I love that old queueline!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
djtruefitt

Apparently some of the fences were damaged recently when some trees fell down there, so thats probably why some of the fences have been replaced recently. I queued in that queue line once last year and that was only the first part, it really does go on for a long way and I remember as a child queueing up in the whole queue, which seemed like a life time!
Themeparksandy1981

When I first went on it in 1993 the queue was outside the main queue when we joined it but it was worth it back then.
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

The last time I've been there and they queueline was used on October 29th 2009, during Duel: LIVE!

ATJakee (ThemeParkCentral) was given permission to roam through the queue with the satirical gravestones. I'll sure to be post a link next time I'm on my computer.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
CoasterCrazyChris

^Right here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksiCiUgf6Mg

Now why couldn't have Th13teen's queue been as awesome as this?

:)
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: ^Right here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksiCiUgf6Mg

Now why couldn't have Th13teen's queue been as awesome as this?

:)
Thanks, and I'd blame overspending on the marketing hype for that. I wouldn't be surprise to see more queue details when TH13TEEN needs some key maintenance in 5-10 years.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
iNemesis

I love this Queueline! The only time I have experienced it was during Duel: Live. It's quite special in the sense it has different interesting pieces of themeing to look at whilst waiting for your ride.

I have to say, I didn't feel like I waited long at all whilst in this queue. Maybe that's a combination of the fact it's not as boring as Cattlepen, & the fact Duel eats queues!
DiogoJ42

Am I the only one who finds the extended queue boring? It's just a path through some trees and grave stones cloned from Vampire's old queue.