Queueline mystery?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kaycee

Towers have a reason they don't use this external queueline normally (it would be nice just to walk through the short racks of it even if there is no queue?) - but I can't remember it, so I have decided it must be a poo reason. :) It's the actual 'Gloomy Wood'! Shame it just sits there unseen most of the time.
djtruefitt

Most of the top of the queue looks in a bit of a state as its not really been used in years with all uneven paths, which is probably the reason towers dont use it. Its quite a big bit of land, but there isnt really much you can do with it unless you cut all the trees down.
CoasterCrazyChris

I wish they had built the swamp like John Wardley wanted to do originally, with lots of bubbling water and surface mist that could have been awesome.

And I know for obvious reasons a swamp and a graveyard don't mix, but there was enough room to have both I think in that same queue.

Maybe they thought it would be too costly to maintain?

:)
jackgcse

What about the queueline that extends underneath the monorail at now Sub-Terra, obviously it once stood another ride and queueline, but that section looks like it does a zig zag under the monorail, then seems to re-appear Nemesis entrance side, what was that used for?

Also whilst I am asking questions, what were those huts used for next to the monorail entrance (car park), near where the path used to lead straight to the station? They are green octagon/hexagon shaped huts?
CoasterCrazyChris

^And leading off from that why did they get rid of that path leading up to the Monorail?
Don't_Look_Down

Could that be the old queueline to the Beastie when it was situated in Thunder Valley?
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
jackgcse

Maybe? but it looks like it connects in some form to the newer Nemesis Queueline, however I am not sure where the beastie was positioned.

Also they altered the path because of the Extraordianary Golf, to advertise it as much as possible!
John

It used to be part of the Nemesis queue, it left the current queue line just to the left of the main entrance, crossing the access road before passing under the monorail.  Some of it was recycled for Dynamo before it's current use for Sub Terra.
djtruefitt

jackgcse wrote: What about the queueline that extends underneath the monorail at now Sub-Terra, obviously it once stood another ride and queueline, but that section looks like it does a zig zag under the monorail, then seems to re-appear Nemesis entrance side, what was that used for?

Also whilst I am asking questions, what were those huts used for next to the monorail entrance (car park), near where the path used to lead straight to the station? They are green octagon/hexagon shaped huts?
The queue that goes under the monorail next to the sub terra queue, used to be part of the main queue for Nemesis when it opened and also used some of the sub terra queue, which then was used as the Dynamo queue when that opened. Of course its not been used for many years.

And someone asked about them huts a few months back near the car park, I think they were either sales/information huts or food/drinks shops. Again they havnt been used for many years.