What is your favourite ride in the park? and why?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
soundwave96

I have started this topic because people have a favourite ride but they don't explain fully why they like that ride and so that people that don't like that ride can find out why people like that ride and you can express there thourght and feeling about that ride.

My favourite ride is Oblivion because it maybe a short ride but it is the ride i get the buzz out of most and when you are hanging at the top of the drop looking down at what you are about to experance i think to your self everytime what the hell am i doing on this ride.

The best thing about the ride is the drop everytime i go down the drop it takes my breath away and just as you are about to enter the whole you get a great blow of coldb air in your face that turns in to a bit of water and the you get your breath back as you enter the tunnal and get the sign of relf that you have go the worse part of the rideb over and done with so that is way Oblivion is my favourite ride in the park.

Please write your reviews of your favourite ride here i would love to hear them.     
sku11dude123

Charlie and the choc Nah.....

I would say Nemesis. Only because it is the best ride in the park.
BowMan

Nemesis. For the speed, g-force, inversions and just sheer awesomeness. I have not ridden Oblivion yet though...
Last edited by BowMan on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Thanks to Lewis97
jenbax

Although i do agree that oblivion is so scary it's great, I have to say that nemesis is and always will be my fave ride just because it has everything from the speed, the tense moment just before you get pulled round the first corner at the top of the hill, the twist the turns and just the general thrill. What more could you ask for?

Jen
PeteMadden

Depends what purpose I'd want the ride to serve.

I'd say Nemesis if I want thrills, or Air for relaxation.

I can't explain why, I just do.
JayMMayer

Liking dark rides a lot, I would say Hex - the Legend of the Towers.

I can't fully explain this, but I just love how real the story is made to feel (probably because it is an elaboration of a real story), the great atmosphere - and the amazing theming that makes it have just that.

I also love how unique Hex is, in terms of the majority of it being inside the actual Towers Complex.

And what really makes the experience is how great I find Vekoma Madhouses! They are such a great illusion.

Coming close to this would be the other dark rides on the park: N:ST, Duel, and CATCF.
Longy

Squirrel Nutty is my favourite!
What can I say, I like squirrels!

It's like the most amazing ride ever, and it's all rides you've ever dreamt of in one!

And it has trees! I like trees.
Blaze

This question again?

Nemesis, and that should be self-explanatory.
ZenakuShi

Nemesis- no question about it. Good ol' Nemmy broke my fear of coasters some 4/5 years ago caused by Colossus when I was 7, and led me to finding this site and my geeky enthusiast self!
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

I'm going to be different and say Oblivion. It is more of a personal thing for me, as my first ride on Blivvy infamously involved my Dad's hat falling back onto another guests face. I loved the thrill and I can still remember the fear strike through me as I first descended into Oblivion. Aside from Air, it was my real first thrill and to this day I still relish the moment I ride every second as a Towers enthusiast. Yes Nemesis is intense, but Oblivion left me with a lasting impact for future coasters to come.

And it began my obsession with the Lord of Darkness.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
LordOfDarkness

Stelios7 wrote: I'm going to be different and say Oblivion. It is more of a personal thing for me, as my first ride on Blivvy infamously involved my Dad's hat falling back onto another guests face. I loved the thrill and I can still remember the fear strike through me as I first descended into Oblivion. Aside from Air, it was my real first thrill and to this day I still relish the moment I ride every second as a Towers enthusiast. Yes Nemesis is intense, but Oblivion left me with a lasting impact for future coasters to come.

Its okay im a fan of you too.

Oblivion - How they manage to get you so nervous every single time you que up over one drop still amazes me. It is the shortest ride ever, yet still scares the hell out of me watching it plunge down that hole while I am in the que.
[align=center]Image

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport [/align]
PeteMadden

LordOfDarkness wrote:
Stelios7 wrote: I'm going to be different and say Oblivion. It is more of a personal thing for me, as my first ride on Blivvy infamously involved my Dad's hat falling back onto another guests face. I loved the thrill and I can still remember the fear strike through me as I first descended into Oblivion. Aside from Air, it was my real first thrill and to this day I still relish the moment I ride every second as a Towers enthusiast. Yes Nemesis is intense, but Oblivion left me with a lasting impact for future coasters to come.

Its okay im a fan of you too.

Oblivion - How they manage to get you so nervous every single time you que up over one drop still amazes me. It is the shortest ride ever, yet still scares the hell out of me watching it plunge down that hole while I am in the que.
I was just thinking this the other day! I guess if you were to go on another vertical drop ride, lets say for example Shiekra in Busch Gardens, the whole effect of the vertical drop would be pointless, because theres a full coaster after. I guess the fact Oblivion puts emphasis on that one vertical drop makes you fear it more.
I'llookdownifiwanto

It's a close call between Nemesis and Oblivion, but I think Oblivion just scrapes it for me. I get scared every single time I ride it (42 times now, but who's counting?). The whole ride experience is delivered perfectly, as soon as you enter X-Sector you can sense a certain kind of atmosphere that seems to be absent from other areas of the park, and the themeing all fits in with the brand extremely well. The queue line perfectly sets the mood with the videos, and the fact that you can see the innards of the station and underneath of the cars from an indoor part of the queue is a very nice touch. The force during the drop never fails to put a huge grin on my face and I am always left craving another ride. (Also orange and black are my favourite colours  :lol: ) I think standing alone with no themeing, and just judging by the coaster, Nemesis would win, but taking into account the whole experience, Oblivion is the winner in my books. :)

*sniffs* "Don't like m£rlin" :(
MattsDesigns

Its hard to chose 1 because the rides are very different. 8)
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Krazycoaster

My favourite RIDE is Oblivion; you get such an adreneline rush that you just don't get on other coasters. However, my favourite OVERALL RIDE is probably Nemesis Sub-Terra or Duel; mainly becuase you feel submerged in a story and this adds to the effect of the ride creating a truly magical ride!
Poison Tom 96

Nemesis just for the sheer epic theme and the forceful and quick layout.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
starbugger1303

Attraction - Nemesis: Sub Terra - Because I love the whole feel of the experience. The whole attraction is superb. My favorite dark ride on park, I rate it higher than Hex!

Rollercoaster - Nemesis - Do I really have to explain? It's sexy! That's all there is to it!

:P
Charlee

I'm gonna be the odd ball here and say Rita, I adore the way it surrounds the whole of the Dark Forest, and when queueing for it, the whole area is perfectly silent then there's the car moving into place, then "Place your head back....... GO!GO!GO!", and then "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH", Makes me chuckle every time :').

Plus when on the loading the platform watching the car shoot off, in a blur, it makes me that little bit more nervous.
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
La Roq

Well its too hard of a choice between Sonic Spinball due to me being an uber huge sonic fan or Air. I just love everything about air going from the music to the ride itself.
Poison Tom 96

Old Rita used to be high up my list but New Rita is not now

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2