2012 operational cuts

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
CoasterCrazyChris

mrbrightside wrote: What about the added theming behind the big chair in ATH?
A genuinely positive addition.
mrbrightside wrote: The added coffee bar and ice cream kiosk in Splash?
Both cheap money making gimmicks. 
mrbrightside wrote: The fact the water feature looks fantastic?
That is a matter of opinion, prsonally I think it looks horrendous because they could not be bothered to repaint it to the standard that it was originally, now it just looks really garish and out of place. And since when did Caribbean islands have mine shafts!? Clearly nobody thought it through and they just let any old person at it with a paint brush.
mrbrightside wrote: The classily re-made Dragon's Bar?
It would be nice in the right setting, but chrome and laminate flooring spoil the colonial theme of the hotel.
thefatone

When you spoke about water feature, I thought of the one with the splash logo, rather than outside?

Both are ace, imo. Hotels have never looked better (since they've opened that is)
Dormiens-Dave

I agree with the outdoor water feature but the indoor one was much improved this year.

As for the coffee bar and Ice-Cream i saw it as a way of improving the lunchtime food offering which we have repeatedly moaned about as lacking... but i know how much anything with a till upsets some people here!
Squiggles

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: And since when did Caribbean islands have mine shafts!?
I'm going to take a stab at when they realised there were minerals deep underground that they desired to mine in order to utilise.  :?

I'll give you that they're not the most common feature in the Caribbean, but it does happen.
Edwardo..... move me!
Sazzle

I was extremely grateful for the Coffee Shack opening - its the cheapest option for lunch across both the hotels (unless I've missed something?), and the selection is fairly agreeable :).

The outdoor water feature, while a little odd in its new guise, at least looks bright, cheery and COLOURFUL! A damn lot more than the majority of things on park. The indoor one I find very pleasant - the old one was eternally off :(.

The Dragon Bar I find has lost a tiny bit of charm, but has gained a certain modern edge. I'll bet its a lot easier to keep clean!

I have noticed the hotels are looking the best they have in years, and I can find precious little to moan about in that regard :-/ same can't be said about the park *sigh*.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
mrbrightside

I agree with the points made about the Coffee Shack and Ice Cream place, they greatly improved the selection offered at the hotels and added food and drink that was available at a reasonable price and away from Quenchers (which I have always thought was God awful anyway!).

The external and internal water features look fantastic in my opinion, but obviously each to their own. Same with Dragon's Bar - I think it looks a lot better!
ImageImage
spark

Although the hotels have been looking a lot brighter in recent months, cant the same be said for the showers and bathrooms in the hotel? Was looking very tired and in need of a refresh, even Travelodges have been updated!