Am I too big for the rides?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Delta79

Jazzy B Bunny, trying not to sound pervert or a chat up line. I would not of peg you as a 20 in the photos, 16 to 18 yes. but you do have height on your side.

My mates sister is roughly the same shape as you and she was ok. some rides were a bit of a snug fit. 
leftforlotty

Hi there, this question is quite embarrassing but i need help.

Im going Alton towers this Thursday and i am really excited, but I'm so nervous about not fitting on the rides. I have had no problems before in the past and i have even lost weight since. (Im now a 12/14/16 on top (dont ask!) and a 16-18 on bottoms.

I did a quick rough measurements with a layer of clothes on and these were them:

Bust: 44/45
Belly: 39 (for comfort)
Hip: 46
Thigh: 40-42 for comfort again.

Now these are just rough measurements and not ones when im seated, just standing. Im really scared that i wont fit on the seats  :(

I have quite a broad back and i am quite large chested (Being a 44E) :( Its what worries me the most.

Do you think ill have a problem getting on Air and all the big rides? :/
Jazzy B Bunny

Delta79 wrote: Jazzy B Bunny, trying not to sound pervert or a chat up line. I would not of peg you as a 20 in the photos, 16 to 18 yes. but you do have height on your side.

My mates sister is roughly the same shape as you and she was ok. some rides were a bit of a snug fit.
Thanks :) I'm only 5'7. As long as I get on air that's all that matters to me. I wouldn't go on ripsaw or anything anyway. Just the 'main' ones.
Just under a couple weeks to go!
DiogoJ42

You should be absolutely fine, I've seen larger people than that on rides. The only one you might have to squeeze in to is Spinball. I've got a bit of a beer gut these days, and I have to cross my legs to fit in, but then it's fine.
Jazzy B Bunny

I'm bigger than you at an 18-20 and I've been told I'll be fine.
RustyRider

I think the only ride you might struggle to get on is ripsaw, I've seen fairly average people not fit on there before, quite strange really!
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
Sazzle

Topics merged as both are the same subject matter :).

Hope you guys all manage to experience the attractions you want to!
Jazzy B Bunny

Ripsaw I'm not fussed about anyway because I don't like it. As long as I get on air, nemesis, oblivion, thirteen and Rita I'm happy.
jenbax

Hey

As I said before I am an 18 on trousers and 16/18 on top (although my boobs are bigger at a H cup) and i got on absolutely everything. The rides we went on wer:

Air
Nemesis
Oblivion
Nemesis Sub Tera
Sonic Spinball
Ripsaw
Duel
Enterprise
Submission
Rita
Thirteen
Duel
The rapids
Charlie and the chocolate factory

I tend to carry most of my weight on my thighs, hips and chest but  managed to get on every ride and there was not even a hint of any of them being a tight squeeze (however submission was uncomfortable, although the people i were with thought this as well so not down to size) so i think you will manage them all without any problems.
gaelanne

Can I ask you what your thigh size is  ? cause size 16/18 doesn't talk to me as I'm French ;-)

Jazzy B Bunny

I have no idea, but it sounds the same. I'm more of a 20 on bottoms and a 16-18 on tops. But it does depend where I shop.
jenbax

I'm sorry i don't know what my thigh size is and as i'm at work i think my colleagues may think i'm a bit weird if i whip out a measuring tape for the.  There should be a size converter on google though that gives the european sizes for each british size.

I know what you mean about different shops. In some shops i am a full 2 sizes bigger. It's so annoying. I wish they were all just the same.

Jen
leftforlotty

hey there just to let you all know i went today,

Apart from the heat, it was a great day!!

We went on;

1. Nemesis - No problem, fit perfectly.
2.Spinball - twice! Fit fine again.
3. 13 - 3 times again no problems.
4. Oblivion and Rita - No problems (rita always squishes boobs a little but had room to be comfty)

(didnt go on Ripsaw :( as que was HUGE due to weather.)

Did go on Air though, Que'd for 30 minutes, got to the front waiting to go on. Ride broke down as usual (typical air) waited for another 20 minutes and finally got on. i actually asked them to press down more because i was loose but that didnt happen :/) And we broke down too. hung at the end for 20 minutes, in the heat lol. I felt i was slipping out of my seat and in the end they had to come and let us out manually then shut the ride down for the day.

The staff were lovely though, took our details and gave us priority passes (2 each) :D so thankyou towers air staff. They were lovely and made it seem a little less horrible. :)
Jazzy B Bunny

Glad you had a good day and that you managed to fit fine :) making me feel better about going now!

So you think ill be fine as a size 20 trouser size? I'm smaller at a 16-18 on top.. Depends where I shop! So annoying!
leftforlotty wrote: hey there just to let you all know i went today,

Apart from the heat, it was a great day!!

We went on;

1. Nemesis - No problem, fit perfectly.
2.Spinball - twice! Fit fine again.
3. 13 - 3 times again no problems.
4. Oblivion and Rita - No problems (rita always squishes boobs a little but had room to be comfty)

(didnt go on Ripsaw :( as que was HUGE due to weather.)

Did go on Air though, Que'd for 30 minutes, got to the front waiting to go on. Ride broke down as usual (typical air) waited for another 20 minutes and finally got on. i actually asked them to press down more because i was loose but that didnt happen :/) And we broke down too. hung at the end for 20 minutes, in the heat lol. I felt i was slipping out of my seat and in the end they had to come and let us out manually then shut the ride down for the day.

The staff were lovely though, took our details and gave us priority passes (2 each) :D so thankyou towers air staff. They were lovely and made it seem a little less horrible. :)
leftforlotty

Yeah your gonna be fine. i had plenty of room and theres always people there bigger than you. have a good day :)

Thanks btw. just spending all my time worrying about thorpe park now lol! Ill never stop worrying :/
Jazzy B Bunny

My friend wants to do thorpe park this year too! If I'm fine at Alton towers (which I'm sure I will be now) then I might go there towards the end of the year.
Lady Sol

I'm at a similar size. The only problem I've ever had at Thorpe was the Swarm. The ride host got me in without too much bother though, the restraint just needed an extra push down from above.

I can get on all the other Thorpe rides without any problem.
Jazzy B Bunny

Well today was day 1. I went on air (with a push from the ride attendant) nemesis, blade, thirteen and oblivion :) will try Rita tomorrow but hopefully won't have a problem. If I was any bigger then I think it'd be a problem.
RickiAscension

Sounds good Jazz :)

I think I still want to shed a good few stone before I even attempt to make the trip down for AT...would be pretty crap if i drove 6 hours for nothing haha!
Jazzy B Bunny

Yeah, that'd be rubbish. Good luck with your weight loss. Maybe see you at scarefest? :)