2012: Neglect, decay - demise?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
mrbrightside

Yes, but what is more important to them Al? A bunch of enthusiasts on the net, or the vast majority of the public?

I know the public are starting to notice things, but until we aren't in the minority. Things wont change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
BigAl

But some of the GP are starting to complain. As I said just, the amount of sensible comments on Facebook and Twitter being made to Alton Towers aren't just enthusiasts any more.
Benzin

Maybe if people were really that bothered they'd go and complain at Guest Services instead of an internet forum?

If you complain at the park, stuff often does happen, I complained about the AP entrance sign at the entrance gates being mis-leading towards AP holders (may also explain their new ERT policies), and upon my next visit around a week later it had been covered up (which isn't quite removed, but at least they did something about it)...

Indeed, got complaints about the park, use their online feedback forms or go to GS when you visit... Things are more likely to be done that way...
BigAl

Benzin wrote: Maybe if people were really that bothered they'd go and complain at Guest Services instead of an internet forum?
Or do both. It's a well-known fact that some of AT's management look at these forums which is why providing feedback here doesn't always go to waste.
Sazzle

Indeed they do, as do Merlin management. Don't think your comments go unnoticed! Many of out discussions are used consecutively by the park.. equally, some are laughed and mocked!

I would like to think this thread has produced some extremely useful points of direction for the park, even though I imagine the majority will have been picked up on prior.

Personally I find myself moaning TIME AND AGAIN about the state of the toilets across the park, yet I understand that in the grand scheme of things, the toilet budget could be better used elsewhere on infrastructure. Shame, because they're blooming awful.

Whether or not our observations and thoughts are taken on board is a matter completely out of our control, but at least we can say we tried by putting it in black and white.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
QTXAdsy

As much as i want to jump on the bandwagon with everyone else, I couldn't really be bothered to complain on here, or do the same if there will be similar topics like this many years from now...I'm just shutting up because I'm just repeating myself over and over again.

Though if it's down to lazy park management or even a terribly small budget for maintenance is one to think about.
TB2

Sazzle wrote: Personally I find myself moaning TIME AND AGAIN about the state of the toilets across the park, yet I understand that in the grand scheme of things, the toilet budget could be better used elsewhere on infrastructure. Shame, because they're blooming awful.
I'll second you on this, I feel like Thorpe is the only park that gets a decent toilet budget at times.  :oops:

My only real issue at Alton is the upselling to be honest. My theory is that if the park makes you happy and you enjoy yourself then you will spend a lot of money anyway. Trying to sell me things actually puts me off looking in your shops and it also makes the park look a little desperate in my opinion.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Dormiens-Dave

Benzin wrote: Maybe if people were really that bothered they'd go and complain at Guest Services instead of an internet forum?

If you complain at the park, stuff often does happen, I complained about the AP entrance sign at the entrance gates being mis-leading towards AP holders (may also explain their new ERT policies), and upon my next visit around a week later it had been covered up (which isn't quite removed, but at least they did something about it)...
I think constructive comments on the forums get read and they are put into the context of their wider research, i know they ignore silly comments or anything that hasn't been argued with some facts rather than "Alton is pants end off..."

It was John Wardley who said at the TT event that they will take on board well structured and argued comments even if negative from internet forums, but they switch off to childishness and those who hide behind the internet just to attack them.

As for the sign Benzin i think that would have been as much to do with coincidence than the complaint, but you never know.
Last edited by Dormiens-Dave on Thu May 17, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrbrightside

TB2 wrote: I'll second you on this, I feel like Thorpe is the only park that gets a decent toilet budget at times.
we can only hope X Sector's loos get a freshen up along with SW7, despite the old block staying put as it is. Something that in itself shows a bit of corner cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
DiogoJ42

Chessington's toilets have all been referbed this season. The managment have said that mothers with children will judge an attraction on how nice it's toilets are.
Magrathea

DiogoJ42 wrote: Chessington's toilets have all been referbed this season. The managment have said that mothers with children will judge an attraction on how nice it's toilets are.
Define refurbed, because it would take REPLACEMENT to render the majority of Chessie's toilet facilities adequate (save Transylvania and behind Tomb Blaster) :P
AstroDan

DiogoJ42 wrote: Chessington's toilets have all been referbed this season. The managment have said that mothers with children will judge an attraction on how nice it's toilets are.
Spot on. At work (I work in a school), prospective parents are shown the refurbished toilets first before even going into any classrooms.

Toilets really do make a difference to people!
BigAl

AstroDan wrote:
Spot on. At work (I work in a school), prospective parents are shown the refurbished toilets first before even going into any classrooms.

Toilets really do make a difference to people!
Which is why we have a special toilet topic too! :P
John

Magrathea wrote:
Define refurbed, because it would take REPLACEMENT to render the majority of Chessie's toilet facilities adequate (save Transylvania and behind Tomb Blaster) :P
Refurbed as in the old ones were ripped out and replaced.  The buildings are all the same, which means many of them are still far too small for a park of Chessington's size and volume of guests, but overall it's a huge improvement.
DiogoJ42

The new loos have had a full makeover. They really are very nice.
Dormiens-Dave

Off topico

Chessie toilet discussion needs to be flushed away to the chessie topic

ohh the wit

:D
thefatone

DiogoJ42 wrote: The new loos have had a full makeover. They really are very nice.
They're the same as lego - not a surprise seeing as ex-lego management pretty much run that park now.

If only towers did the same to improve the days out - its the only park to not have had toilet refurbs.

Mmm lovely talking about toilets in open season..
kingbling11

Dormiens-Dave wrote: Off topico

Chessie toilet discussion needs to be flushed away to the chessie topic

ohh the wit

:D
Such a crap joke
It's just too bog standard
That kind of comedy drives me round the u-bend
In fact, it kinda pisses me off
People like you think they can just beat the cistern
I'm always getting caught up with toilet humour, this is the turd time it's happened this week.

I'm done now...
spark

A lot has been said about the state of x sector but looking at the plans for SW7 it's as if they want the area to look run down now, especially with the SW station style

Could work but it is being over used
DiogoJ42

One of the planning documents said (can't find it at the mo so this may not be the exact wording):
"Finish: Faded grey paint and dirty concrete, to match existing structures"
](*,)