Roper update

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Evostance

gaz1313 wrote:
bensaund wrote: It is a bit like people who live under the flight path at Heathrow complaining about the noise, unless they are 80 years old and owned the house before the airport was built, how can they complain about the noise when they knew there was an airport there in the first place....

I guess the loss of "Don't look down" is a success rather than the loss of Oblivion altogether.
Their point being they have been there since the late 60's from what I remember, before it was even a minor theme park, although it has always been a tourist attraction in one way or another.
1968 they moved in. The thing  is,  in 1968 it was somewhat in its way to becoming a theme park of sorts. At the time it would have been huge and is just grown in line with technology etc.

It's like moving in next to an airport which at the time only has small planes that dont bother you (as that's all that had been invented at the time) and then complaining because the airport is now using 747's, even though that's the modern equivalent of a small aircraft in the 60s.

There's a good reason why non of the other locals have tried it on,  because they realise it's a stupid idea which will get thrown out
KittyKat

Bad joke but maybe the Ropers are to do with The Smiler not opening. :lol:
Themeparksandy1981

With the Smiler having that big screen and lots of speakers is it noisy in X sector again?
Jack

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: With the Smiler having that big screen and lots of speakers is it noisy in X sector again?
for normal people no, but the ropers...yeah :roll:
Cookie Monster

Do the ropers have super sensitive hearing or something because if there house is closer to spin ball why are they complaining. ( i think it is closer to spin ball)
haydn!

Evostance wrote: There's a good reason why non of the other locals have tried it on,  because they realise it's a stupid idea which will get thrown out
One slight problem. It didn't get thrown out of court, and the Ropers won.
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Rob wrote: I just hope they lose this and face these grave financial difficulties. If the noise was as bad as they are making out then more people would be complaining about it and supporting them, and that clearly isn't the case.

:)
I missed read that out of the concern of my eye.. I thought you said I hope the face their graves haha
Well... ;) I Kidd but what pathetic people I could go Into a rant but I may get kicked of the site! The court if full of s,art people, smarter than us even! Shocker ;) and they will also see how their flaws and that their argument is stupid, invalid and pathetic! Maybe alton can bribe the court will a few free fast track, maybe a VIP experience? :D
But I think they should realises the nemesis monster just for one night and I bet will all know it's first target!
I would suggest their correction but there is only so much the maramaliser can do! ;)
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Mon May 27, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Michelle

Completely inappropriate and off topic TBH, can that kind of talk please stop? (messages now removed)
Please do not be distasteful with your posts.
Thanks.
DrReeve

Any news on them being upset about the smiler or anything .
Image credit to Lewis97
Evostance

DrReeve wrote: Any news on them being upset about the smiler or anything .
Alton have them a complimentary ride to cheer them up
gaz1313

Evostance wrote:
gaz1313 wrote:
bensaund wrote: It is a bit like people who live under the flight path at Heathrow complaining about the noise, unless they are 80 years old and owned the house before the airport was built, how can they complain about the noise when they knew there was an airport there in the first place....

I guess the loss of "Don't look down" is a success rather than the loss of Oblivion altogether.
Their point being they have been there since the late 60's from what I remember, before it was even a minor theme park, although it has always been a tourist attraction in one way or another.
1968 they moved in. The thing  is,  in 1968 it was somewhat in its way to becoming a theme park of sorts. At the time it would have been huge and is just grown in line with technology etc.

It's like moving in next to an airport which at the time only has small planes that dont bother you (as that's all that had been invented at the time) and then complaining because the airport is now using 747's, even though that's the modern equivalent of a small aircraft in the 60s.

There's a good reason why non of the other locals have tried it on,  because they realise it's a stupid idea which will get thrown out
Can't completely agree with that. It was a pleasure gardens, roller coasters and the like (large coasters) were not a new thing and amusement parks were already around. Before there was the small zoo, cafes and rowing boats, aswell as the funfair (ie. carousels, helter-skelter, etc). Pleasure Gardens cannot be seen as natural progression to the theme park which is there today (development started with Corkie), regardless of the changes in technology. If there was already a woodie or an early Wildcat on site, then that would be true.

I agree it is petty, especially with the double standards concerning Churchill China. However, I just think it should be kept in some sort of perspective.
Last edited by gaz1313 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
tallicay2k

Well The Smiler is up and running so they can come and get corrected and smile always.  :D
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
jimm123

They should shut up there whinging all together tbh, i stayed at a hotel at alton towers last month. right outside the front gates closer than the actual alton towers hotel. We were speaking to the lovely couple who owned it and they told us the ropers lived 4 doors away from where we were, so we were slightly closer, and ill tell you now you cant hear a siongle thing from the theme park from where we were so theres no way they can, its petty and they obvs have something against alton towers IMHO.
DrReeve

jimm123 wrote: They should shut up there whinging all together tbh, i stayed at a hotel at alton towers last month. right outside the front gates closer than the actual alton towers hotel. We were speaking to the lovely couple who owned it and they told us the ropers lived 4 doors away from where we were, so we were slightly closer, and ill tell you now you cant hear a siongle thing from the theme park from where we were so theres no way they can, its petty and they obvs have something against alton towers IMHO.
due to privacy i cant give away there exact house location but its not at the exact gate. Its closer to x-sector.

Source- some nub posted it on here
Image credit to Lewis97
Themeparksandy1981

Save doing a new topic it's not just about the Ropers.
A few points I like to know:

1) Where the houses near FV for the locals to get thunder looper removed?

2) Where is the houses near Corner corner to get them 2 corners removed?

3) With 4 rides again in X sector and the noice from the speakers,guests and rides I reckon it's got to be louder now then it was when the speakers were at the top of Oblivion.
DrReeve

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Save doing a new topic it's not just about the Ropers.
A few points I like to know:

1) Where the houses near FV for the locals to get thunder looper removed?

2) Where is the houses near Corner corner to get them 2 corners removed?

3) With 4 rides again in X sector and the noice from the speakers,guests and rides I reckon it's got to be louder now then it was when the speakers were at the top of Oblivion.
about the FV bit a guy a while back said that he could hear nemesis in his garden. if you can find him then you got it
Image credit to Lewis97
TheOutpatient

I wish I could hear Nemsis from a cottage garden!

I would hold barbeques twice every weekends so people could come round and absorb the atmosphere with a beer.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
DrReeve

TheOutpatient wrote: I wish I could hear Nemsis from a cottage garden!

I would hold barbeques twice every weekends so people could come round and absorb the atmosphere with a beer.
Grab a beer and hear her RAWR!
Image credit to Lewis97
TheBoyWithOneEye

I cant belive that they are going to court with alton towers! Are they really going to stop and ruin milions of peoples fun just so they can have a quiter life? I hope that they loose and have to pay a load of money! Its crazy! If they have such a problem with it why dont they just move? Ive read that they dont even live there most the year sowhat is there problem?  :x

GOSH! I would be very greatful if i lived there  :P
DrReeve

TheBoyWithOneEye wrote: I cant belive that they are going to court with alton towers! Are they really going to stop and ruin milions of peoples fun just so they can have a quiter life? I hope that they loose and have to pay a load of money! Its crazy! If they have such a problem with it why dont they just move? Ive read that they dont even live there most the year sowhat is there problem?  :x

GOSH! I would be very greatful if i lived there  :P
What gets me is there actions yes i understand its not easy to move and they probably dont have the money to. But is there really enough action needed to sue the hell put of Towers. So for them to be happy we have to suffer. I like Thorpe but alton is where i have gone all my life. The magic of the area with the towers.
Image credit to Lewis97