Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
garyh

Went on it a few times on the weekend after riding the earlier version, yeah its much much better now, the inner core is excellent, love the vibrations and loud build up to the leg hatching.  The back prodders and leg ticklers really got everyone screaming.  The guy coming into the lift with the mask on and the torch was excellent.  The maze is so so, nothing special but overall the ride is so much better, its how it should have been from day 1.
BenH

Just in case you didn't notice guys, it seems that 9/10 of GP are still hating it - AT asked what people thought of the new ST on Facebook page, and I don't think they got the response they where expecting. In case they take it down, here are some of the comments! http://www.facebook.com/altontowersresort

'If your gonna rip alien encounter from disney atleast have the designers mock up an alien not an oversized kinder egg.'

'Didn't like it! When we went the que wasn't all bad but it's hyped up for a big let down! The staff shout and are rude to you when you are inside (which ok they must love to be paid to do) and the ride is a let down! Was expecting it to drop a lot more than it did and then the maze should have been similar to the saw live maze with actors making you jump!'

'Real crap, got my hopes up and they came crashing down, the effects were crap, the lift was crap and was a waste if time queuing for.'

'Wasn't worth the hours queue. Scared my little brother crapless, the actors wouldn't let him sit with me, and forced him to be on his own. It feels very disorganised and a one time only ride. Sorry.'

On the other hand though! -

'Me and my boyfriend actually thoroughly enjoyed it. Was a nice ride to do between the big coasters. Was well themed scary. Obviously when you go on it again and again I am sure that the scariness will go as you know what to expect. It obviously was scary and well designed as a women from our group ran out of the lift at the end. Made it even better tbh :)'

But it does seem that if you take a look thought the comments, 8 out of 10 are really negative!
Benzin

Not everyone is gonna be happy with it, but I'd pay more attention to the results of the surveys located at the exit of the ride, rather than people on Facebook... It's amazing how opinions change when you become faceless...
aru

AT are not doing themselves any favours asking questions on Facebook!  :?
Chaz

I for one loved it. Went first time this season last week and Sub:Terra was brilliant IMO.

However it opened 45minutes late because of an error. But was told the error is normally fixed quickly (shouldn't the error be wiped out completely?).

But yes, i thought it was a lot of fun and I jumped a few times too. All other riders seemed to enjoy it.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wiimq1
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
PeteB

Perhaps most of those people aren't aware of updated ride and new scare maze at the end?
Saz

BenH wrote:
'Didn't like it! When we went the que wasn't all bad but it's hyped up for a big let down! The staff shout and are rude to you when you are inside (which ok they must love to be paid to do) and the ride is a let down! Was expecting it to drop a lot more than it did and then the maze should have been similar to the saw live maze with actors making you jump!'

'Wasn't worth the hours queue. Scared my little brother crapless, the actors wouldn't let him sit with me, and forced him to be on his own. It feels very disorganised and a one time only ride. Sorry.'
Hmm. Perhaps there needs to be some sort of sign in the queue explaining to guests that the ride attendents will be acting in a 'rude' manner to reach a desired effect. I say this not only because of the above comments, but when I rode Sub-Terra last week it looked as if many guests were actually offended by the some of the ride attendents' comments - particularly a man who after asking a ride attendent whether he should put his phone in the baggage area, was answered with the response "up to you, if it falls out and breaks it's your fault!" The man looked genuinely alarmed and said to the ride attendent "I was only asking, there was no need to be so rude."

I found the whole thing quite amusing and fitting for the ride, but I think a lot of the guests just don't get it.  :?
Last edited by Saz on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes it's a floating hedgehog.
MattsDesigns

the feedback here seems to be more positive.
Caught this new Sub Terra video the other day
It just shows the blue light really which I was very glad about because thats one of the things I asked for :D
Saz wrote: Hmm. Perhaps there needs to be some sort of sign in the queue explaining to guests that the ride attendents will be acting in a 'rude' manner to reach a desired effect.
A sign that adheres to the theme could be funny: "WARNING: THESE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS HAVE SERIOUS RESPONSIBILITIES. PLEASE DO NOT BE DISTURBED IF THEY ARE RUDE, EDGEY, STRESSY, SELF IMPORTANT,STERN, UNLOVELY. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN FED FOR A WEEK" -Well, something like that, it should make more sense  8)
Last edited by MattsDesigns on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
PeteMadden

I'm going to Alton Towers mid-July, I think around the 16th. I haven't been on N:ST yet, but I've been informed of the scare maze addition at the end. Some people are telling me you go on your own, and some say you go in groups, can anybody clarify whether you go in on your own or not? Surely its not feesable to let one in at a time that must be far too time consuming!
PeteB

There are 40 people coming out of 2 lifts at the end of the ride. It's not possible to go through the end maze on your own.
PeteMadden

PeteB wrote: There are 40 people coming out of 2 lifts at the end of the ride. It's not possible to go through the end maze on your own.
Ah, didn't realise there were so many people at a time. Thanks for clearing that up.
Themeparksandy1981

What the average queue time this attraction is getting now?
Balb0wa

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: What the average queue time this attraction is getting now?
i went today, main queue was 60 mins, thought id chance it in single rider, sure i was waiting 55 mins, lol, park was full of kids mind.

Have to say, went on it on opening day, then 2 months later and i thought it was a lot better ,now its very good.

Those leg ticklers, id say more like whips, legs hurt 30 mins after with jeans on, can see it being very painful for women with bare legs. lol.
Jack and daddy

Going on 5th July for 3 nights will sub terra b open at 9 for hotel guests only ,!,,,
capital city service #1 these colours don't run
Rob
Admin
Admin

The attractions available during Early Ride Time are:

Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE
Oblivion
Hex
Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem
Nemesis
Runaway Mine Train
Rita
Thom

Of course, being an ERT guest means that your in the park first so you can be the entrance of Sub-Terra for opening. Ride Nemesis a few times and head over to Sub-Terra just before 10.

There's no massive rush though, the queue wont pick up massively until 10:30-11.

Thom...
tp4life

they should make one of these at thorpe park it would be epic  :D
PeteB

Nemesis Inferno: Sub Devastation?

No.
Farquaad

It's probably quite arbitrary me  talking about what I felt about the ride now but I went on for the 1st time on Sunday and it's brilliant! One of the best rides there! Scary...nah, I'd say it was cool and funny, I actually don't think iv'e smiled so much on a ride. Im by no means the bravest person but I don't see whats so tense about it for people to want nothing more than to get out at the end. I was enjoying it. I'd compare it to being in a rave  :lol: Seeing a bloke in a gas mask leaning sideways out the top of a metal fence shining a torch with strobe lighting and a lota smoke is a cool image thats gunna stick with me, and the lift breaking down and the guy opening the door  :D but this has all been said so ill walk away again now  8)
MattsDesigns

no its good to see a reply because it means more people are liking it now.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.