Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Blaze

Closing the skyride doesn't make sense either. Just saying ;)
Last edited by Blaze on Thu May 17, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AstroDan

Very much looking forward to the changes in store. Can't wait to see what the actors are used for.

I wish the team behind Sub Terra all the best in creating an experience the park can be proud of!

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
Kaycee

I went on Sub Terra 1.5 a couple of weeks ago - and I'm sorry, but I do actually quite enjoy it. :P The changes that had been made since opening weekend were noticeable. I love the video in the pre-show room now, the Nemesis monster rising up from the ground makes me chuckle. :D And I finally 'got' what it was all about! It's not the most imaginative story ever, but it doesn't matter, because it's better than NO story! *cough* Th13teen *cough*

I also got leg-ticklers, and the egg hatched as well, which was just lovely.

So, I'm VERY excited to see what's in store after the closure! This has got to be unprecedented, hasn't it? Actually closing a new attraction in its first months, to improve the experience? V. impressed. :)

I LIKE IT.
siralgenon

Sorry going off subject a little, but new SUB-TERRA mugs are now available - look very good as well!
lozzyhickers

siralgenon wrote: Sorry going off subject a little, but new SUB-TERRA mugs are now available - look very good as well!
Yeah, I noticed these at the start of the month, they look great! I couldn't see them for sale in TT though, only the Unit
djtruefitt

Its all very exciting! Im on park with my family next Saturday so I hope its open then and I hope to see some good improvements. I hope the actors are used more than just standing in the queue line shouting at people.

Maybe we will see another one of Merlins favourite shipping containers added to the ride?
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

I've not been more excited about re-visiting Alton to re-ride a new attraction in years.

I'm actually craving it and considering another trip down soon to have a good 5+ goes on Terry. I fell in love with it a few weeks ago and can't wait to see what's being improved on.  :D
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
starbugger1303

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but the Alton Towers' Official Website, has been updated about Sub Terra's closure...
Please note- Nemesis Sub-Terra will be unavailable from 20th-25th May due to essential maintenance
So it's defiantly going ahead... *Excited Stevie*

:D
AstroDan

Ooh. It's now closed for 6 days!

Even longer to make changes!

:D

djtruefitt as a shipping container appeared at merlin studios this week and has been painted in what I believe to be sub terra colours I think you are correct!
Dormiens-Dave

Merlin are experienced at shipping containers.... this is going to be good :D

I am very excited about the changes and impressed they are going back to the ride to improve it. I hope its going to be good as they deserve it to be.
mrbrightside

Shipping container could either be a shop, ORP stall or (hopefully) an extended post-show after the second lifts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
Jordan

12344321 wrote: djtruefitt as a shipping container appeared at merlin studios this week and has been painted in what I believe to be sub terra colours I think you are correct!
Anybody want a mini-meet to Acton? :P
siralgenon

mrbrightside wrote: Shipping container could either be a shop, ORP stall or (hopefully) an extended post-show after the second lifts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I have heard correctly, the shipping container will be a Picsolve photo kiosk, however I could be wrong. :)

Siralgenon you have heard wrong.  No ORP is planned to be installed.  The shipping container is for sub terra and I know what for but I'm not saying what as that would give too much away, safe to say though it isn't ORP and a shop already exists
Jordan

12344321 wrote: djtruefitt as a shipping container appeared at merlin studios this week and has been painted in what I believe to be sub terra colours I think you are correct!
Hang on... "sub terra colours"? I thought Sub Terra was themed to be "shipping container green", no?
Dormiens-Dave

12344321 wrote: Siralgenon you have heard wrong.  No ORP is planned to be installed.  The shipping container is for sub terra and I know what for but I'm not saying what as that would give too much away, safe to say though it isn't ORP and a shop already exists
If you can't say don't say anything, generally people just assume you don't know anyway. We have had so many "i know something you don't know but can't say" posts over the last 8 years that turn out to be nothing that they are rarely trusted. Those who may know something but can't say don't, to avoid the negative response it gets.

Also if your staff please note Towers watch these forums, you take your own risks posting any details.

Dormiens Dave it's the fact that I'm staff I'm being cautious, I've said enough to help you without directly saying what it is, I'm sure from what I've said you can figure it out! I couldn't really care whether pele believe me or not, it's up to them, I know what I know.
To reiterate, there's no ORP being added and a shop already exists, that only really leaves one other option for the container to be! I'm sure you can work it out! ;)
Dormiens-Dave

So long as you are aware of where Alton Towers stand on staff posting on these forums then you may post as you wish.

As for the shipping container, its more likely to be associated with the experience than a photo-sales point. But in a week we will see i am sure.
AstroDan

Mini Meet on 27th May

LINK

:)