Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Mi-Nigle

Ooo have the HB games gone??

Can't quiet remember where the are/were in relation to this photo.
ATJoseph

To the right hand side is The Blade and infront is they way to Nemesis and Air.
Mi-Nigle

ATJoseph wrote: To the right hand side is The Blade and infront is they way to Nemesis and Air.
I know I mean the HB game stalls, from that photo I can't tell whether the N:ST shop has replaced them or not.
krug

Here we go.  Good luck Alton, hope you have a hit.  Doubt it though.

Wow, look at the queue
Last edited by krug on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
JayNemesis00

For everyone complaining about Sub Terra, this is a filler ride for 2012. And at the end of the day, even if it is rubbish, we have lost a pay to play climbing wall and gained a average experiance themed around one of the best rides in history.
jb19852

damn it the first public riders would have been on by now well jealous! NOW SOMEONE SPILL THE BEANS WHATS IT LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wburgess

Erm.. how sexy does nemesis look in the fog?!

Of course I'm waiting to hear peoples reviews, but if this is a very tame and unscary (new word!) ride, this would be Alton's 2nd strike, with thirteen being the 1st.

I hope for Alton's sake this is good.  If not, SW7 is their final chance for me, there is only so many times I can be disappointed!

Come on Alton Towers! (Fingers Crossed!)
rikkd

I just hope it sticks to the themeing and does not involve a massively pointless tesla coil!
DanteNero666

With a queue like that every single other ride must be walk on xD
Give me a coaster handshake!
krug

The amount of pleasure and magic Alton has given me through the years, I could never abandon them.  Sure I can be disappointed or angry with them in relation to rides but I adore the place as a whole.  This is a filler year so again like a lot of people, not that bothered.  SW7 will be a hit I reckon but seeing that I pay usually about £10 to get into Alton, I can never complain too much.
Stealth_Lover

1st two Twitter reviews:

"Nemesis- Sub Terra... An inferior Th13teen version two, pretty much. Fun while it lasts... But it doesn't 6/10"

"Nemesis sub-terror is shocking! #dissapointed #couldofbeenbetter"
DomB

I feel for Alton Towers here, I fear this may be another Th13teen, at least with the public, early reviews aren't particularly great :(
Tommy

Let's hope they continue making little improvements then! :)
Dobba

The forum can breathe a sigh of relief, it turns out the ride is crap.

Phew.
wburgess

Tommy wrote: Let's hope they continue making little improvements then! :)
Going on track record... They won't.

I don't feel for Alton one bit... they decide and plan what new attractions are going in. Where has my magic gone  :(
Ripsaw Raver

honestly not another dissapointment,...lets just wait for a full review, but it seem that the Guardian Girls were not far off, too short seems to be the general conessus
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
jb19852

Ah bugger, what a shame

Still even in the worse case scenario another ride on in the lineup is always a bonus
DomB

wburgess wrote:
Tommy wrote: Let's hope they continue making little improvements then! :)
Going on track record... They won't.

I don't feel for Alton one bit... they decide and plan what new attractions are going in. Where has my magic gone  :(
Clearly though, for a medium investment, they've put a fair amount of effort in, with the staff, viral stuff and all the different little things. They just don't seem to understand what the majority of people who visit want, they hype their rides up beyond belief, but never in a million years will they be able to live up to that.

Problem is, next year we're gonna get exactly the same, the ride may actually be thrilling however, but they do themselves no favours. They need to stop with all this stupid 'scariest ride ever' malarkey, because if they don't do this, peoples expectations won't get this high. In the long term, this, as well as Th13teen will become good assets to the park, but in the short term it essentially results in them shooting themselves in the foot.
Johno

jb19852

ok looking at the pics and the only bit i got excited about was that the light used in this pics is one of ours from work.....looks, well, poor and tacky to be honest (not the light obviously that looks amazing) Big up work!