Monorail: 2008/9 Train Re-Themes

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Valiant

I've worked on the monorail all summer this season, and yes it does get a little bit dull, and i was just wondering, what would you lot like to see changed about it if you could? :-k
RiK-SRi

TBH I have no problems with the monorail, it does it's job which is moves people from the car parks to the entrance. If it's not broke, don't fix it.
spinwhizzer

I like it, it goes over the right places in the park, its a really good build up to your day, gets you really excited. And it seems to be mostly realiable! :D
bigblade40

bring back 'marvin'
"Hello, i'm Marvin the monorail, im here to welcome you to your magical day at Alton Towers.......etc, etc".
bigblade40
Northern_Rider

Personally one day id like the monorail to be re-routed to go around the 'outside' of the park instead of travelling through it.
Anonymous

I'd like to see the carridges replaced or washed, when I was last there the carridges were turing green where they have the material covering the joints between them. The carridges also seem a bit dated in the design.

It runs, it does it job - yes, but things can always be improved on.
stokywolf

New seats would be cool and a repaint of the outside
and take the binbags off them :P :P
if ya know what im on about
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Phil

Yeah, a nice little touch -up, keep the announcments updated, and it still rules!
Ant

The monorails cars repainted blue with alton towers logos on it inside new modern seats maybe a little tv screen that plays all old new alton adds in each car.
Cjw

I like the music in the monerail....it sets the atmosphere for the day,and reminds you of you day when you leave.
phillipvass

Yup a new paint job would help, and also clean the windows!
Anonymous

i think they should get brand new trains because the stuff that you will have to do to refurbish will cost about as much as a new train because i think the ones they have now shake about to much and thats one of the things that shows age
smeg_head

Put rocket engines on the back...
lilg2004

They should completely replace them with modern ones.Yeah! big purple trains to go with Alton logo's colour scheme! :lol:
The idea of screens inside the train wud b good.
The screen cud compare what alton use to be like and then what it is now instead of what this season has to surprise you with.
the trains shouldnt have materialed seats because if its been raining and you sit down they get damp.
Less ricketyness and more comfort.At least the money wud b put to good use insted of jus putting better seats in the train cus eventually soon they will need to replace the trains.as people say they r going out of their style.so retro lol :o The station is kool tho.Nothing to worry about there
Anonymous

I think everything about the monarail is alright but what i would change is, add an extra bit of track so guests can use the monarail all around the park instead of using the very unreliable cable cars.
Jay12

Maybe they should replace SR with the Mono..just goes Cred street and back.
Bit more relaible.?
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Squiggles

umm... not really. I would say the sky ride is just as reliable as the monorail... If I remember correctly at this point last season there had been a crash on the monorail.

And a 200ft high monorail? the locals would love that.
Edwardo..... move me!
neon

hasnt the company that made the mono rail gone bust ,Iam sure i read that some where so that is why they cant get parts to fix the broke one
Adz
Admin
Admin

Intamin make nice monorails....

RITA turns out to be a 100kph Monorail. :wink:
Adam

put some nice screens in there and start the magic before you even get in. also some nice music toget you in the AT mood!!! :D :D :D :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."