Your Favourite place to eat in The Towers and why?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Macca79

Hi all
I was wondering where you like to eat while in the park and why.
I love to eat in the courtyard you can't beat a piri piri chicken and a show by the Pirates. The cheesie show and a break from the 5 times round on the Flume.
It just makes my day :)
Back in the old days tho i always used to eat in Friar Tucks Jacket Potatoes best jacket's ive ever had.
DanteNero666

I feel Explorers Pizza & Pasta gives best value for money, so I eat there. And the pizza is as good if not better then pizza hut.
Give me a coaster handshake!
Don't_Look_Down

My favourite place is Fresh Fish and Chips by Nemesis. Great food, and views of Rippy  :P
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
CoasterCrazyChris

Don't_Look_Down wrote: My favourite place is Fresh Fish and Chips by Nemesis. Great food, and views of Rippy  :P
I'm glad you're on about the food and not the theming.

;)
Poison Tom 96

Explorers for me! love everything about it except the low number of toilets, usually have to  run to Gloomy :(

However i like the X-sector Chicken as well tbh. If the courtyard did the ribs like the one near Slammer at Thorpe then it would be heaven
BigAl

When it's not very full it's Woodcutter's for me. The food in there is of a higher quality than the other restaurants. Pizza Pasta is probably my second favourite. :)
Poison Tom 96

BigAl wrote: When it's not very full it's Woodcutter's for me. The food in there is of a higher quality than the other restaurants. Pizza Pasta is probably my second favourite. :)
Never been in woodcutters but it looks good.
Dimming lights FTW :P
RyanY

I've been to he courtyard tavern and that seems pretty good but expensive.

But I usually go to the McDonald's a couple of miles away from towers as that's cheaper.
Ritadz

Burger King.

That way Merlin don't make any money.
Joe Koopa

Ritadz wrote: Burger King.

Are you seriously implying that Burger King are a more ethical company that Merlin?
Ritadz

Joe Koopa wrote:

Are you seriously implying that Burger King are a more ethical company that Merlin?
Are you seriously implying that you thought I was being serious?

For me Pizza Pasta is far way the best place but to eat, but due to cost I only eat there once or twice a year.
NemmyJunkie

Pizza & pasta buffet - great value for money! Personally I don't like Woodcutters, I don't think you get good food for how much you pay.
Lucieloo

Love Woodcutters! Eespecially those ribs!!
The only pain with that place is there arent any toilets in there.. so if its lashing down outside you have to run and get wet!
Other than that the service and food is excellent..
First person ever to be proposed to on the Smiler! xxxxxx
And because of that I am now Mrs A....
Sazzle

I'd eat at Woodcutters every time if I could! Shame my buddies prefer something called 'variety'!

Even since it was Rita's, I've never had a bad meal there, and the dishes on offer are scrummy :D. Fairly good value with AP discount, too.

Ohhh I could go for the minutes of steak [edit: steak read "staff" HAHA tasty towers staff] right now... or the cheese and bacon burger... HUNGRY!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Rowe

When money isn't an object, I enjoy splashing out at Explorers Pizza and Pasta Buffet in Katanga Canyon (With MAP discount, of course), especially when given a fairly lengthy amount of time before meeting up with the rest of the group. The food is gorgeous, always freshly made and never changes consistency. Then there is of course the free salad bars and the bottomless fizzy drinks that complete it as well as the lovely staff who aim to quickly get round the tables.
Admittedly it is a bit of a squeeze and a fight in the queue when it comes to the busy lunch hour, especially at weekends when I visit most, but the food and service really does make the value worth it even if I don't get past one and a half platefuls! :P

However when money is an object, I tend to linger in the Mutiny Bay area at Mexican Cantina or Pirate Pancakes for a cheaper but equally nice meal if consisting of 'snacks'.
Whilst I'm not terribly fond of Mexican Cantina's meals in general, I find them to be poorly made and presented, I always buy a chilli con carne pot with nachos which comes out at a reasonable price just under £4 (Again, MAP discount). I find Thorpe Park's version to be better but I digress. And Pirate Pancakes, funny enough, I visit only for the generic Merlin pancakes which I can never find fault with because, well, they're delicious and also with good cost value! Fancy that.

There is also Towers Family Restaurant which I visit often alongside the above two that, whilst the menu almost never changes and the most it does that is add punnerific names to the pasta dishes at Scarefest, does a great fry up as well as a roast dinner and generic Merlin pancakes too. So there's choice but nothing too special.

I'll give a special mention to Fresh Fish and Chips in Forbidden Valley which is a stomach saver to me on many occasions. Whilst the food isn't entirely great, nor are the costs which I find to be ridiculous, it at least covers up the growls of an empty stomach (Regardless of having a large meal or snacks before or after) and the smell of the chips is also hard to resist.
Adam James

I can survive merely on a BK Fusion when I'm focused on rides more than food - however I must admit Burger King does seem to suit my budget to a tee usually.

One place I must try this year is the Pizza and Pasta Buffet - if it's anything like the Big Pizza Kitchen at the Pleasure Beach then it must be good!
Rob L

My favourite place last season was Mexican Cantina, you can't beat the nachos there! I also love Explorers but don't eat there very often, and Woodcutters is ok but I've never really had anything I'd consider great from there like other people.

Also, the food over at the Secret Garden Restaurant in ATH is expensive but oh so tasty!

:)

Joe Koopa

Ritadz wrote:
Joe Koopa wrote:

Are you seriously implying that you thought I was being serious?
I wasn't sure wether you were making a joke or not, hence me asking if you were being serious.

:p
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Pizza Pasta buffet.

Great food, great price. A nice place to settle down, brilliantly themed and nostalgic. Service is fast, organized and friendly. What more could you ask for?
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
lagolfer09

Stelios7 wrote: Pizza Pasta buffet.

Great food, great price. A nice place to settle down, brilliantly themed and nostalgic. Service is fast, organized and friendly. What more could you ask for?
I definately agree. I have been going to the park now for well over 16 years, and last year at Scarefest was the first time I had eaten there. Can't believe I had missed out all these years  :)