Ticket Offers (Including "The Sun" Promotion) Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
CoventryBee

I know that The Sun has done this offer every year for a fair few years now, and I have to say it's a very good deal.
I think it was around this time that the Sun started collecting tokens to allocate the tickets. This year, that hasn't happened.

Do you still think we could see this? Or will we see the back of this?

Discuss,
Adam.
Last edited by CoventryBee on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Crab of Nemesis

It was indeed a good deal and good promotio for the park every year (only time I've brought the Sun in the last few years has been to see the new Towers map!).

But Merlin will have to think hard about doing this in 2012 due to the ongoing Leveson enquiry - The Sun's not exactly the best partner right now. Not sure it's something they should be getting themselves involved in, perhaps the deal will appear in another publication though...

Having said that, I'm sure someone posted on here a few days ago that this was starting soon, so it'll probably be back as always :P
ImageSince 2008
Balb0wa

Im sure they will do it, they have done it for years and years,  March 5th was the 1st paper with them in last year.

The sun is still the best selling uk paper, and with the sun on sunday coming out, hmmm

Last edited by Balb0wa on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

I think they would do it again, as Alton are always trying to get the secondary spenders in.

It could be a good promotion material for "The Sun on Sunday".
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Poison Tom 96

Hmm i think this will go ahead but not necessarily with the Sun.

Could be better going through a different paper
Rob L

I hope they do, purely so we get the pull out which reveals the new season's park map!

:)

NickT04

Amazed no one has posted this on here already tbf! The Alton Towers/The Sun promotion will once again be running in 2012 and will start next Saturday (3rd March). 8 tokens are required, and due to Alton putting the price up every year it's an offer that gets better every year, it's now worth £84!

Dobba

The map usually comes with the first lot of "tokens" right?
Mi-Nigle

Good, will definitely give this another shot! Hopefully I can get better dates this year.
Dobba wrote:The map usually comes with the first lot of "tokens" right?
If I remember correctly, that usually comes out in the Wednesday issue? Not sure on that one.
siralgenon

Dobba wrote: The map usually comes with the first lot of "tokens" right?
For the last few years the map has come on the Wednesday as well as the application slip :)
Themeparksandy1981

I will be getting theses tickets as when my pass runs out in May this is the only way I'm gonna be able 2 afford to go with a baby on the way in July.

I took my dad last November and it was his first trip there since 1998 and he really enjoyed it.
e4kenndr

Tom G

They should have retired this deal with The Scum by now. With all of the nastiness it's emerged they've been up to, and are still under investigation for, this is a bad call ethically.

But as has been said, it's a big-selling newspaper that the retarded people of this country continue to buy daily, so it makes good business sense.
linzimoo6

The offer begins March 3rd, next Saturdays paper!! Saw an advert for it today in the little magazine that comes with the sundays The Sun!! If that is any help to anyone??
djneice

im sorry if i sound really stupid here, i have never done this deal to get the 2 free tickets, how does it work?

like how many papers do you need to buy/tokens need to collect, etc etc any info would be nice, even if you need to pm it..

thanks carl.
Balb0wa

8 Tokens this year, so 8 papers, collect 8 tokens ,stick them on the form, choose your date bands in order, put a sae in as well, bingo.

You cant choose the day you want to go.
djneice wrote: im sorry if i sound really stupid here, i have never done this deal to get the 2 free tickets, how does it work?

like how many papers do you need to buy/tokens need to collect, etc etc any info would be nice, even if you need to pm it..

thanks carl.
djneice

they tell you what day the tickets are valid then? or can you go anytime between the date bands you provide?
Balb0wa

No you get dated tickets, like  sat 14th april  , you choose date bands,  like 4 april - 4th may etc.

If you cant go on the day your ticket is for, people put them on ebay, or swap
djneice wrote: they tell you what day the tickets are valid then? or can you go anytime between the date bands you provide?
Balb0wa

Instructions from a few yrs ago

Balb0wa

A lass i know has had the sun bonus token thing through the post today, says you need 8 tokens this year!

Or 9 if your starting from fresh
Last edited by Balb0wa on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.