Ticket Offers (Including "The Sun" Promotion) Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
The Psychoaster

Bought the Sunday Times today and noticed that they are doing the free tickets offer, almost exactly the same as the Sun. The good part is that you only have to collect 4 tokens and 2 of them are in today's Times!
Here’s how to get your two free tickets:

Collect four tokens from The Sunday Times and The Times
Complete the booking form selecting four of the six available date ranges in order of preference
Send us the form and a stamped SAE, with your four date range choices written on the outer envelope
You will be sent two free tickets for a date within one of the ranges you’ve chosen
Readers are also offered 50% off hotel stays when they use their 2 free tickets. Book in advance online at altontowers.com and enter the promotion code TIMES12 or call 0871 222 1100 (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras)
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/pub ... 014680.ece
mrbrightside

Good offer, but not entirely surprising when you remember that The Times and the Sun are both owned by the same parent company.
ImageImage
tothetowers

Good job you've only got to collect 4 tokens, because the price of the paper is expensive! £2.20 
The Psychoaster

tothetowers wrote: Good job you've only got to collect 4 tokens, because the price of the paper is expensive! £2.20
The Sunday Times is £2.20 but the weekday Times is £1, so you could just collect one token from each weekday one and it would cost £4.
tothetowers

True, because £4.20 is a really really great reduction compared to the normal price of £42 to enter. I just hope I get a good date that I can use like I did for the sun offer :D!
James

I missed out on the Sun offer so this one will be of use to me. :) Given that you're only paying £4 or so as opposed to £42 makes it without question a offer worth taking up.
jenbax

I will probably do this one as well since i STILL haven't received my tickets from The Sun :(
mrbrightside

jenbax wrote: I will probably do this one as well since i STILL haven't received my tickets from The Sun :(
Did you choose date bands that were late? Or did you forget to put your date bands on the front of the envelope?
ImageImage
iain

Does anybody know of any half price ticket offers? Going on Monday in an odd numbered group! So BOGOF works only to a degree...
jenbax

mrbrightside wrote:
jenbax wrote: I will probably do this one as well since i STILL haven't received my tickets from The Sun :(
Did you choose date bands that were late? Or did you forget to put your date bands on the front of the envelope?
My first choice was April and my other choices were may, june, july, sept etc. Basically i wanted to go ASAP as it's been so long sine i've been (i'm from Scotland so it's not like we can make the trip regularly) and i def did everything correct including writing the dates on the front of the envelope. My brother also sent his off the same day as mine (i filled out everything and sent it off for him) and his still haven't arrived as well. We live at different addresses as well so it's not like we were sending two from the same address. It's so frustrating as i'm off work all next week so was hoping i'd get my first date group and go next week. I think i'll need to hunt around online for some contact details so i can query them.
mrbrightside

Looks like you aren't going to be getting April - but it doesn't mean you won't get tickets. Seems like they're holding out on sending the later ones right now to be honest...
ImageImage
hex4ever

Apparently the times is doing a similar offer right now, you need to collect 4 tokens

Th13teen wasn't over hyped, just over anticipated
jenbax

Yeah hopefully.  I kinda guessed April was a no-go although i think i might just get a 2for1 thingy and go anyway seeing as i'm off work and desperate to go.
I just hope i get them through the post soon.  I don't mind what dates I get as i can book time off work, i just want them to get here. Sick of being let down when i get in and they've not  arrived. Seriously the way i get when i'm driving home from work hoping that they're there. You really wuldn't think i was 25 ha ha.
The Psychoaster

hex4ever wrote: Apparently the times is doing a similar offer right now, you need to collect 4 tokens
The Psychoaster wrote: Bought the Sunday Times today and noticed that they are doing the free tickets offer, almost exactly the same as the Sun. The good part is that you only have to collect 4 tokens and 2 of them are in today's Times!
Here’s how to get your two free tickets:

Collect four tokens from The Sunday Times and The Times
Complete the booking form selecting four of the six available date ranges in order of preference
Send us the form and a stamped SAE, with your four date range choices written on the outer envelope
You will be sent two free tickets for a date within one of the ranges you’ve chosen
Readers are also offered 50% off hotel stays when they use their 2 free tickets. Book in advance online at altontowers.com and enter the promotion code TIMES12 or call 0871 222 1100 (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras)
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/pub ... 014680.ece
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

I find it interesting in the Sunday Times tickets it has a deal for the first day of the Scarefest Preview Weekend? A mere error or generosity?
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
tothetowers

Sent them off today, but quite annoyed since I forgot to put my date bands on the back of the envelope, so in other words it will be done last and I won't get any tickets I wanted -.-!
spark

What did you send off today?
tothetowers

spark wrote: What did you send off today?
The application form with 4 tokens for the 2 free ticket in The Times/Sunday Times  :)
barmy_scotty

My girlfriends mum has had an envolope come through with NO tickets just the leaflet with 50% off the hotel whats best to do? My tickets have came for the 9th of may its a wednesday and i cant make it what to do?
Last edited by barmy_scotty on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J01N U5.... Y0U W1LL 5M173.....

Y0U B370NG T0 TH3 5M1L3R

5M1L3!!!

ALWAY5
Craig

Hi all

As some of you may be aware, last year we did not allow the discussion of buying, selling or exchanging Sun tickets on the forum.  As the terms and conditions state for the offer, tickets are non transferable. To prevent issues arising from organising swapping tickets on the forum, the same rule will be enforced this year, and any posts requesting swaps or advertising the sale of tickets will be removed.

If anyone has any questions surrounding this, please drop me a pm.