Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
PhNx Survivor

At least we know the shop is called ‘Wicker Man Shop’ :)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Morgan

I've listened to the audio snippet twice now, and it's pretty nice, if a bit generic. But geez, the audio is dark for a family coaster.
Jack

Morgan wrote:I've listened to the audio snippet twice now, and it's pretty nice, if a bit generic. But geez, the audio is dark for a family coaster.
The ride is literally about human sacrifice ;) From bits of area audio I've heard from videos today though, it sounds a lot more festival-esque (Similar, but not the same as, The Welcoming) in segments outside the released snippet
Last edited by Jack on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhNx Survivor

Yeah I agree, I really like it.. but personally doesn’t hit that sweet spot with comparison to The Smiler.. bearing in mind they are 2 different themes.. however I am sure when the day comes to seeing it in person, and hearing the soundtrack, I will have goosebumps all over I am sure :)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
lewis97
Admin
Admin

An off-ride video of Wicker Man is now available on TTSP Instagram! As well as the fire and lighting effects, there also seems to be a sound effect each time the train passes through the theming structure.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A selection of photos showing of various aspects of the ride beyond the main theming structure and track that have been posted on TTSP Instagram:

MakoMania

PhNx Survivor wrote:At least we know the shop is called ‘Wicker Man Shop’ :)
I'm still calling it Beornen Bargains.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Joel Allen

Wickerman, what an impressive looking coaster. This ride is looking absolutely fantastic and has a great amount of themeing. The images have surpassed my expectations and I think Merlin and Alton Towers are on to a winner here.
demz_4

Sooooo, any ideas on if there is anything at all happening in the 'shed' / maintenance building that has the tunnels in and out of?
T0mPr1ce

I think the station looks incredibly impressive. This project has definitely been a step up from the other attractions at the park. Hopefully, MMM and Alton Towers can keep it up in the future!
SmileAlways

So here’s just a few things worth mentioning for those who don’t want to go back through the thread:

1. Wicker Man is scheduled to open Saturday March 17th.
2. Wicker Man will only have fastrack available to VIP Annual Pass Holders and those who purchase Gold and Platinum Fastrack packages.
3. IMAscore have obviously done the soundtrack.

Also, the last thing on the restrictions board states “Some Wicker Man scenes may be unsuitable for younger children or vulnerable persons who may find this experience frightening”
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98
Loakin

To be honest, kind of disappointed with the staff uniforms.
Jcoaster

Loakin wrote:To be honest, kind of disappointed with the staff uniforms.
I have to agree however there is only so much they can do to a uniform that staff have to work in all day
JC13

SmileAlways wrote:

Also, the last thing on the restrictions board states “Some Wicker Man scenes may be unsuitable for younger children or vulnerable persons who may find this experience frightening”

Wonder why this is on the board
Dan

JC13 wrote:
SmileAlways wrote:
Wonder why this is on the board
I imagine that may be something to do with the pre-show.
Justin

Jcoaster wrote:
Loakin wrote:To be honest, kind of disappointed with the staff uniforms.
I have to agree however there is only so much they can do to a uniform that staff have to work in all day
I really like them, especially the t-shirt!

I really can't wait for opening weekend now. The excitement is really building now for me!

The ride looks spectacular and I am sure it will be one of my favourite themes and rides. I'm going to be broke though as I'll be buying loads of merchandise!
Wagstaff04

Okay, lots of things for me to talk about here...
1. The opening date.  Was all but confirmed before today, but I can still almost hear the sigh of relief from the people who already booked. 
2. The soundtrack. Now some people have been saying it doesn’t “hit the sweet spot”, but I entirely disagree. I listened to it 3 times in 1/2 an hour and I think it is brilliant. 
3. The ride photos. Now I see what they meant by the best themed attraction. To be honest, at first I was kinda concerned with that remark, with the Smiler and Th13teen, but I was proved wrong. Roll on 17th (or 24th, when I might be going)!
ThemeCrafter264

I think the soundtrack works well for background audio but certainly will be nowhere near as memorable as the smiler or Nemesis. It does sound quite dbgt at times though.
stevebrown

Just uploaded the ITV Central News report from earlier:
[youtube]KVUNyN7d8ro[/youtube]
#whataboutthelogflume 
Loakin

Also, Theme Park Worldwide have uploaded this fantastic video from today: