Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
DeadJack5

I do like the style of the trains, it's very nice and well themed. I'm not so keen on the sculpture on the front though. It does look at bit weird but it may look better in person. Really excited to see this project nearing it's end :)
JC13

I’m really looking forward to March, every day I seem to get more excited for the project, and now we are only 27 days away!
Adam W

As a tall person, I do wonder if the ride will have an upper height limit (like Th13teen) because of the head choppers etc.
Owen

Adam W wrote:As a tall person, I do wonder if the ride will have an upper height limit (like Th13teen) because of the head choppers etc.
Yes, yes it will :lol

I imagine it’ll be 1.94M like all other rides :)
Adam W

Oh wow, is it really 1.94 on all rides? I'm 2.1M and I've been going on all except Th13teen for years. That's some devastating news damn. 
Owen

Normally between 1.94&1.96M although it may not be the case. If you’ve been going on 13 ok I’d imagine you’ll be fine - just avoid putting hands up! :lol
Adam W

Yeah I'll keep them down! :D  Back on topic, does anyone else find it weird that we're yet to see footage of the effects in action? I can't help but feel it's a matter of Towers keeping it a secret because they have some tricks up their sleeves.
ROYJESS

I think the upper height limit has more to do with leg room in the cars than headroom avoiding the themeing above you head
Owen

ROYJESS wrote:I think the upper height limit has more to do with leg room in the cars than headroom avoiding the themeing above you head
It will be to do with the near miss elements, this is why THE SWARM has one and Runaway Mine Train doesn’t :)
Capt.Barnacles

It's neither of those in the case of Th13teen and Spinball Whizzer, but in fact to do with the low seats of the rides providing insufficient back support for riders over a certain height. One friend of mine operates Spinball and he can't even ride it because of his height.

Wicker Man will have a similar upper height limit for the same reason due to the design of GCI Millennium Flyer trains, but the headchoppers will also play a part in it.

Millennium Flyers have low seat backs, but hey, they're lovely and padded so we're in for a comfortable ride!
Chris
Admin
Admin

I'm really glad GCI amended the lap bar design too, so the base of the 'T' is directly in the middle of your legs, rather than to the side which I found uncomfortable.
Bert

On the subject of Millennium Flyers, What are they like to ride on compared to something like Th13teen or RMT or even Octonauts. I've heard they're like sitting on a sofa whilst on a coaster. Is this true?

Also I've heard MF trains can staple you and if so how bad because I got stapled on Galactica once and it wasn't a pleasant experience for my legs on the break run.
[Insert Signature Here]
Morgan

The padded seats are extra comfy, however when being constantly thrown from side to side due to high lateral forces, they can be a bit painful and could possibly leave bruises. Much comfier to sit in than most coaster seats, they feel really similar (if not identical) to the Fungle Safari car seats in the Inferno shop. I can't remember the lap bars being too tight on Wodan, however that was a few years ago.
Dungeon-X-Smile

Ghostrider’s seats are incredibly comfy and very good. I don’t really remember much about them but I also don’t remember anything bad, either. If they’re anything similar, I think we’re in for a treat!
Dom

TTSP have tweeted a video from Chris Joiner showing Wicker Man testing

MakoMania

Looks fabulous!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Justin

For 4 seconds of footage, I am very impressed. It is also very effective in the daylight too!
Dan

It looks great, and it also seems to have picked up a fair bit of speed since the first testing video we saw.

I haven't yet seen anything that gives me reason to be apprehensive about Wicker Man. From what we've seen, it could very well be the most highly themed coaster at Towers, and I for one am getting very excited for opening day.
The Nemesis Fox

Looks to carry some speed to it.
Hopefully we’ll see a POV issued by the park in the next couple of weeks. The advert will also be soon although it does feel surreal seeing the construction and realising opening day is 25 days tomorrow
Uttox83

Dom wrote:TTSP have tweeted a video from Chris Joiner showing Wicker Man testing

Looks really decent!
The effects look great aswell! Looking forward to opening day :o)