Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
MakoMania

Hopefully!

I'm still dreaming of a B&M hyper or an RMC woodie in the valley :)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
SmilerLover

B and M hyper would be awsome
Credit to NemesisRider for this awsome signature! :moj
Tom170499

dazza4783 wrote:They didn't need to for The Smiler as the coaster itself didn't actually need planning permission as it is in the GDO, only the building did.
Sorry, might sound silly but what is the GDO?
Liam.W

I have a theory that ripsaw will be re-themed and moved from forbidden valley to x-sector where submission used to be. I also think that the shop next to ripsaw will be taken down which creates even more room for a new rollercoaster. Or the shop could be turned into a ride photo booth for the new ride (if there is one). :yikes:
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

mark_h

Tom170499 wrote:Sorry, might sound silly but what is the GDO?
General Development Order- A master planning agreement that allows some development without further permission.
Zach

smileradvocate1 wrote:I have a theory that ripsaw will be re-themed and moved from forbidden valley to x-sector where submission used to be. I also think that the shop next to ripsaw will be taken down which creates even more room for a new rollercoaster. Or the shop could be turned into a ride photo booth for the new ride (if there is one). :yikes:
Ripsaw simply wouldn't survive the relocation, I think if anything ripsaw will go end of this season or next :) if not go it will stay but stay where it is cause it's on it's last legs
day54

SW8 will be in the valley in 2016/17
Air shop will become a roller coaster restaurant next year
Ripsaw will move x sector
Morgan

Source?
And I doubt all of the above, sorry.
day54

It'll be public knowledge soon enough :)
bensaund

Yes I am sure the diners will love a stream of guests coming off air walking through the small space which is the Air Shop, this would also mean no shop in FV...

But if the Chip shop, Ripsaw and Blade all go, this will leave a nice space for a cross valley coaster station....
Nathan_Fisher

day54 wrote:SW8 will be in the valley in 2016/17
Air shop will become a roller coaster restaurant next year
Ripsaw will move x sector
The only place Ripsaw will be moving to is the scrap heap, it's too old to be moved anywhere. I can imagine it's only got a few years life in it anyway, if that!
Dan

It has already been established that Ripsaw will not survive a move across the park. The only place it will go is the scrapheap.
SmilerLover

As much as I agree it wouldn't survive the move, ripsaw would be great in the X-Sector. It would soak up queues from Smiler and Oblivion
Credit to NemesisRider for this awsome signature! :moj
Alex

The submission site will be developed in the near future I imagine but it wont be Ripsaw moving over.

I have heard the Air shop rumour before but again I very much doubt that will happen, it's more likely to be in the entertainment complex if/when that gets built.

SW8 will be in FV that is pretty common knowledge however it hasnt yet been decided where the coaster will be.

As ever state your source otherwise people won't believe what you say :)
scw55

If SW8 is in FV I would feel like it would sort of need to be a B&M or be a coaster type with a similar looking track form. You have Air and Nemesis as B&M's.

If it is a B&M, the price tag would reduce the complexity of the layout.

I wonder if a 4D Wingrider would work in that area. It would certainly be unique. You could achieve some exciting affects despite the limited height freedom.

But AT has always surprised me. So this prediction based on ignorance will be most likely wrong.
MakoMania

My only concern with a wingrider is that it can't really be compact which is a attribute that SW8 will probably need if it is in FV.
Vladimir Bobinski

What is your idea of compact? I personally think the last few iterations have shown how flexible they can be, especially with the first the launched variant upon us. Flug der Dämonen is certainly a very compact layout and it seems that the trains will vary to suit.
Jamster42

Raptor at Gardaland is another great example of a compact sort of ride as well as being pretty low to the ground for most of it.
MakoMania

I might be wrong, would like to see a wing coaster though :lol
Sentri558

I would love to see a Hyper like Shambala come to the park, possibly a floorless to be the first in the UK.
Otherwise, a coaster that goes over the lake would be cool but due to conservation I don't think they can :(