Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Themeparksandy1981

I don't believe a word Alton Towers say now to they put planning permission in or there proof there working on that area. Alton Towers said the same thing last season when they closed Submission. 12 months later it's still the same. Like if FV gets another coaster in place of the Blade and Ripsaw then Duel&Sub Terra will be working overtime to help the flow of guests.
TheBeast

Maybe its strategic. Everyine knows Sub Terra was a flop, amd neither of ST or Duel get large queues, so it gets more use out of both rides and drags some people away from the Smiler
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
SmilerLover

The Blade has been confirmed to stay another season, and if you don't believe me go to the AT general discussion. This means a cross valley coaster won't be taking its place
Credit to NemesisRider for this awsome signature! :moj
LaurenceColes

Hello All! Been while since I've posted but I think SW8 plans are just around the corner so here goes....

I saw a few comments back about the site entrance possibly being moved... Well Mathew Davies on the Nolimits Exchange Forum said... "A contact has informed me that Alton Towers might be re-locating their entrance. Their past information was good, so there's a good chance it might be true. So, why would Alton want to re-locate their entrance?". This was back in 2010, maybe this is something they are seriously thinking about? :?

Please find my reference below...

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comm ... sionID=561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers!
Alex

Why does it mean a cross valley coaster wont be happening? Blade was just going to be SBNO this season so nothing in the long term has changed.
NemesisRider

Recently, Alton Towers tweeted that The Blade would be remaining open from the 21st of March until further notice, along with the hashtag #PrayForBlade.

It's an interesting move, probably because people want to get in their last few rides. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is removed at the end of this season. I think the amount of people who wanted The Blade to stay open shocked them to be honest!
Jack

I have to agree with NR here, the Blade is due removal even if I do enjoy the ride myself. I believe that people are thinking of the past and not the future in regards to it's removal and so gave Towers a high demand to keep it. Either that or it is a clever marketing tactic to use a ride to scrape a few more people into the park while it's still there. Either way, it's not a thing that will effect me too much and actually look forward to seeing what will replace the blade when it is removed.

And I see it going at the end of the season, wouldn't really work removing it mid season. ;)

In regards to links between SW8 and the Blade, I think SW8 will be in FV and that Ripsaw will either be relocated or removed to make way for it with all this Blade stuff :P
stealthsmiler

I havent checked so I dont actually know, but has there been any obvious high demand on social media? It would shock me if there has as most of the public wont care about keeping the ride due to its age. They also wouldnt want to keep it because it is anything special as its a ride most people have been on and that a lot of park have, so its nothing unique to AT. To me the #PrayforBlade suggests its been suffering some sort of technical fault and looks like it may break for good at any time. By removing it from the map, AT can close it when they like without having to worry that they have an advertised ride missing from their line up.
Dan

stealthsmiler wrote:I havent checked so I dont actually know, but has there been any obvious high demand on social media? It would shock me if there has as most of the public wont care about keeping the ride due to its age. They also wouldnt want to keep it because it is anything special as its a ride most people have been on and that a lot of park have, so its nothing unique to AT. To me the #PrayforBlade suggests its been suffering some sort of technical fault and looks like it may break for good at any time. By removing it from the map, AT can close it when they like without having to worry that they have an advertised ride missing from their line up.
#PrayForBlade was at the end of the tweet that TowersStreet sent to AT. They just included the hashtag in their response.

I wouldn't read much into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tallicay2k

Never seen a big queue for blade. Tbh ripsaw dominates blade over queue times. This has surprised me that they have changed their minds....over popular demand? Unlikely.
This doesn't really bother me as its a ride I never go on but the fact that it's not on the park map makes me believe (and many others) this is its last season.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Ryan.B

Not many rides it, then announced to be leaving and suddenly popular :lol
MerlinFan

I'm not bothered about seeing it go - hate Pirate Ships! They make me feel sick!
thedeckking

I can't see Blade being open on Saturday. I asked on Facebook last week and had this response.

Dan

thedeckking wrote:I can't see Blade being open on Saturday. I asked on Facebook last week and had this response.

Alton Towers have already confirmed on Twitter that The Blade will remain open "until further notice" and it's being discussed in the Alton Towers General Discussion thread.
thedeckking

Dan.N wrote: Alton Towers have already confirmed on Twitter that The Blade will remain open "until further notice" and it's being discussed in the Alton Towers General Discussion thread.
Yay![emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]
pleaty

Found this info over on another site, not sure what this is all about, the start of a possible planning application.... for something

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... PKID=74714
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A Formal Screening Option will give Alton Towers an idea of the areas that they need to be aware of and address in any planning applications they submit. This is usually in relation to the environment and the impact something will have on the surrounding area. It's certainly an allusion to something big, almost certainly SW8.
MakoMania

Did they do this for The Smiler?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
dazza4783

They didn't need to for The Smiler as the coaster itself didn't actually need planning permission as it is in the GDO, only the building did.
Ryan.B

I'm sure this will be an coaster or a massive development