Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Loakin

It's also worth noting that IMAscore announced that they have made Wickerman's soundtrack in this tweet. What's everyone's thoughts?
PhNx Survivor

Cannot wait to hear the bad boy whilst in the queue! Definitely going to create the mysterious atmosphere before the ride!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
TheBeornen

I really can't wait for this ride, hopefully this soundtrack is great as I'm expecting a long wait when I go on easter monday hahaha.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
ATI

Loakin wrote:It's also worth noting that IMAscore announced that they have made Wickerman's soundtrack in this tweet. What's everyone's thoughts?
It's hardly a surprise tbh.
We were born to fly...
RobHand

Just over two weeks left until supposed opening day (unconfirmed I know)... and still no TV advert.

Is this normal? seems a like it will be cutting it a bit short... right?
Justin

I'm sure we will hear about an opening date soon. No doubt the snow would have had an effect on any announcements direct from the resort as they are cancelling recruitment training this week.
Phild94

RobHand wrote:Just over two weeks left until supposed opening day (unconfirmed I know)... and still no TV advert.

I’ve seen the TV advert 4/5 times now, no on ride footage but just the usual tacked onto the end of the AT Resort ad
Bert

Phild94 wrote:
RobHand wrote:Just over two weeks left until supposed opening day (unconfirmed I know)... and still no TV advert.

I’ve seen the TV advert 4/5 times now, no on ride footage but just the usual tacked onto the end of the AT Resort ad
The advert (adverts if you count the Merlin Annual Pass one) released so far is not the offical 2018 Alton Towers advert, The adverts we've seen so far this year are for the MAP's and Hotels. 
[Insert Signature Here]
Phild94

Bert2theSpark wrote:
Phild94 wrote:

The advert (adverts if you count the Merlin Annual Pass one) released so far is not the offical 2018 Alton Towers advert, The adverts we've seen so far this year are for the MAP's and Hotels. 
I’ve seen this advert tacked onto the end of the AT Resort adverts several times

TheBeornen

Phild94 wrote:
Bert2theSpark wrote:
Phild94 wrote:
I’ve seen this advert tacked onto the end of the AT Resort adverts several times

They've been filming on site outside the ride, I believe we are waiting on an advert more like this.

Be Chosen...
Phild94

TheBeornen wrote:
Phild94 wrote:
Bert2theSpark wrote: The advert (adverts if you count the Merlin Annual Pass one) released so far is not the offical 2018 Alton Towers advert, The adverts we've seen so far this year are for the MAP's and Hotels. 

They've been filming on site outside the ride, I believe we are waiting on an advert more like this.
Yeah I know we’re waiting for a full TV Slot

I was just saying that they haven’t neglected promotion totally as they have used the mini-slot at the end of their usual resort advert

EDIT: Looking at the upload date on that video it was only 1 week before The Smiler opened
TheBeornen

Phild94 wrote:
TheBeornen wrote:
Phild94 wrote:

Yeah I know we’re waiting for a full TV Slot

I was just saying that they haven’t neglected promotion totally as they have used the mini-slot at the end of their usual resort advert

EDIT: Looking at the upload date on that video it was only 1 week before The Smiler opened
Yeah I'm guessing next week will be when things begin to ramp up, with the press event coming up and I'm guessing we'll have the morning TV shows with their first looks either the week before or the week of opening.

Be Chosen...
Tom170499

The Galactica advert was released on April 1st so it could be anytime really. 
TheBeornen

Tom170499 wrote:The Galactica advert was released on April 1st so it could be anytime really. 
So what you're saying is that Galactica is a joke? /s
Just kidding I actually enjoy the theme of the ride.

Be Chosen...
Tom170499

TheBeornen wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:The Galactica advert was released on April 1st so it could be anytime really. 
So what you're saying is that Galactica is a joke? /s
Just kidding I actually enjoy the theme of the ride.
You said it, not me :lol

Seriously though, my point is not to worry about when the official advert will go out. Enough people know about the ride. It’s been on ITV, BBC, it’s all over Facebook, even TheLadBible did a fairly accurate video about it without mentioning anything to do with The Smiler. So really, the advert isn’t needed but it will be nice to see it soon.
Nutty Man

Just found a picture of the Wicker Man Seabrook crisps on Instagram posted by FoodReviewUK.

Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
TheDuke

Speaking of marketing there's been nothing over here in Ireland for the Wicker Man outside of social media (which is biased as I follow both Towers and TT) but for The Smiler there was TV ads and posters/images on buses and papers etc this close to opening. It's very strange and maybe the goal of the Towers to only spend the budget if its a success. Outside of people I know who keep updated on this kind of thing no one else knows of it.
Justin

'I News' has posted an article the other day (with lots of inaccurate facts :lol ) focusing on Wicker Man and Icon which are both opening this year.

Read it here... https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/uk-theme-pa ... rcoasters/
Robert.W

TheDuke wrote:Speaking of marketing there's been nothing over here in Ireland for the Wicker Man outside of social media (which is biased as I follow both Towers and TT) but for The Smiler there was TV ads and posters/images on buses and papers etc this close to opening. It's very strange and maybe the goal of the Towers to only spend the budget if its a success. Outside of people I know who keep updated on this kind of thing no one else knows of it.
I haven't seen anything at all either, in terms for advertising outside of social media and theme park forums (I do live in Scotland though, so that may be a reason why). Only thing I can think of is the thing they did with the cage down in London to promote it... wasn't that round October?? Hopefully at some point we will see the TV advert, and I'd really like Wicker Man crisps to be sold somewhere near me, though I'm not holding my hopes up on that. :)

Justin

The cage was part of a publicity stunt to promote The Welcoming at Scarefest and is not directly linked with the advertisement of the actual Wicker Man coaster.