Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Swarm Chris

Did Alton actually do any of their own adverts this year, or is everything on a food packet?
Dungeon-X-Smile

That would actually be a very smart move
Swarm Chris

It's pretty much what they've done for the last few years with the 2for1 deals that are everywhere. I guess because more excitement is coming from Wicker Man, they've been able to double down on it this year.
DeadJack5

I think their primary advertisement this year is the season pass, seeing the idea of paying for 1 trip and coming back for the rest of the season for free can tempt the average theme park visitor.
Jack

The best way for the park to increase admissions revenue as well as average spend per head is to use these sorts of adverts and promotions. They know that nobody will pay the full price on the gate, and they also know a lot of people won't take advantage of the booking in advance discount. I think it's a very smart tactic to brand every product with Merlin to be perfectly honest :)
jackf1tz

Robert.W wrote:So what, we've got Seabrook, Peperami and Pringles all promoting Wicker Man!?! Wow! :lol
There's also Kellogg's, Carex and I've seen a few on Cadbury products! :lol
DeadJack5

jackf1tz wrote:
Robert.W wrote:So what, we've got Seabrook, Peperami and Pringles all promoting Wicker Man!?! Wow! :lol
There's also Kellogg's, Carex and I've seen a few on Cadbury products! :lol
Well I guess you can say they are feeding more than just the flames ;)

Any promotion is good promotion, it's helping getting the numbers back up after a rough few years and the visitors will be able put faith and trust back into the park after visiting again.
Swarm Chris

DeadJack5 wrote: Any promotion is good promotion, it's helping getting the numbers back up after a rough few years and the visitors will be able put faith and trust back into the park after visiting again.
* In before the we're getting off track nudge :) *

Have to hope they rethink the staggered opening during the summer holidays, or the faith and trust will be replaced with annoyance and not sure it's great value for money.
ROYJESS

From what I here on the park from one member of staff yesterday, the staggered opening times are here to stay for the rest of the season and so far they think it's a success and there are plans for more things to be implemented next year.  This has only come from one member of staff and may not represent what other staff members think and if the past is anything to go by, you can't always listen to what the staff tells you.  So make of it what you think, but I just hope this is not true. 

But I do agree, the staggered opening times need to go for good
Dan

Can we please try and stay on topic?

Naturally the discussion may wander at times but there are separate topics for both 2 for 1 vouchers and staggered opening times.

Robert.W

ROYJESS wrote:From what I here on the park from one member of staff yesterday, the staggered opening times are here to stay for the rest of the season and so far they think it's a success and there are plans for more things to be implemented next year.  This has only come from one member of staff and may not represent what other staff members think and if the past is anything to go by, you can't always listen to what the staff tells you.  So make of it what you think, but I just hope this is not true.

But I do agree, the staggered opening times need to go for good
Success?!? Really?! And what more could possibly be implemented without killing the place?!?!? 

This is just laughable, wether it's true or not :lol

Nutty Man

Mission accomplished!
They are... quite spicy. Some people would think they aren't spicy at all, but I think they are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
Robert.W

Aww.. :(  None of the shops near me have any of them.

Jack

Robert.W

Yeah, I knew I could get them online, but is not really worth the bother tbh.

Dungeon-X-Smile

WHAT.... That price is crazy!!! How are they getting away with that?
Wagstaff04

I know! Does anyone know how many poor naive people have fallen for this?
Robert.W

1?

Dan

The price on the website isn’t for an individual bag, it’s for a multipack.

24 x 31.8g is £6.69 and 8 x 6 x 25g is £11.33.

Anyway, I think we’ve discussed the Wicker Man crisps as much as we need to so can we get back to discussing the actual ride please?