Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
RobHand

Justin wrote:As posted in the offers and vouchers thread, The Sun Superdays website contains a brand new version of the Wicker Man promotional image with all the other rides mixed in. It would be good to see the park map cover in a similar style as this looks epic!
As a graphic designer I LOVE this :love hopefully we will see a full version of the image soon, as it appears The Smiler's marmaliser/track has been cut/cropped out in this image
The branding as a whole for Wickerman has been 10/10, Towers always seem to hit the nail on the head in regards to brand identity
Wagstaff04

Justin wrote:As posted in the offers and vouchers thread, The Sun Superdays website contains a brand new version of the Wicker Man promotional image with all the other rides mixed in. It would be good to see the park map cover in a similar style as this looks epic!

I love this too. as soon as I saw this, I made it both of my backgrounds on my iPad. Beautiful. 
PhNx Survivor

What I want to know with that picture is why is Rita there for? Rita isn’t an SW.. would of still tied into the whole SW marketing thing they were doing a while back..
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
DeadJack5

PhNx Survivor wrote:What I want to know with that picture is why is Rita there for? Rita isn’t an SW.. would of still tied into the whole SW marketing thing they were doing a while back..
I imagine this is just a generic picture advertising the 7 main coasters at the park, not a poster to showcase the Secret Weapons but just showing the resort with the 7 thrill coasters
PhNx Survivor

DeadJack5 wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:What I want to know with that picture is why is Rita there for? Rita isn’t an SW.. would of still tied into the whole SW marketing thing they were doing a while back..
I imagine this is just a generic picture advertising the 7 main coasters at the park, not a poster to showcase the Secret Weapons but just showing the resort with the 7 thrill coasters
Huh.. kind of makes the whole SW thing a bit pointless now doesn’t it :lol
Shame, the art concept is really good though, just nit picking a bit
Owen

It’s nothing to do with the SW thing though? This is purely just the usual marketing image we get showing off the coasters! :)
PhNx Survivor

I know it’s not meant for the SW marketing, but if Rita wasn’t there then it could of still tied in.. and true, probably just a weird thing
Jcoaster

not sure if this has been mentioned but the towers app has now been updated to include wickerman
air_head

PhNx Survivor wrote:I know it’s not meant for the SW marketing, but if Rita wasn’t there then it could of still tied in.. and true, probably just a weird thing
Got to remember that it's an image aimed at the general public. We know that Rita wasn't a Secret Weapon but the vast majority probably don't. They're all just coasters to most visitors.
PhNx Survivor

Ah true.. never mind then :P
Mikw

I know that the steel coasters may not operate with the low temperature forecast for Saturday, but what about Wickerman?
Dan

Mikw wrote:I know that the steel coasters may not operate with the low temperature forecast for Saturday, but what about Wickerman?
We can’t say for certain whether it will open or not, but Wodan, which is a GCI coaster at Europa Park, can operate at 0 degrees. That doesn’t mean Wicker Man will operate within the same parameters, but it could give us an indication as to whether it’ll open.
MakoMania

The weather is looking absolutely abysmal for tomorrow, worse than when the original services day was cancelled. Do people think the park will be open? We have to leave soon for the hotel tonight.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
PhNx Survivor

Either way.. i’ll be going just in case.. honestly with how the weather is in this country, I doubt we’ll get whatever they say. Plus it is only morning with light snow, so I can see Alton being able to cope with this.. but hey, at least we’ll be able to see the park in the snow again :lol
MakoMania

Lots of people saying all rides are shut tomorrow outside of CBeebies Land, anyone know more?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
PhNx Survivor

Unless Alton Towers confirm this.. don’t listen. #FakeNews

EDIT: As TTSP states on Twitter, Alton have placed maps out of the park for tomorrow.. I don’t think you have anything to worry about. :)

EDIT #2: Map looks great btw.. :P
Robert.W

Alton Towers are now saying that it's unlikely that they'll be able to operate their roller coasters this weekend.
https://mobile.twitter.com/attractionimage/status/974662427949363202

krug

ewoodier82

If Wickerman can't open this weekend is it more likely that the opening will be pushed back a whole week (so it will be on a Saturday) or just until the weather improves enough to open (likely Monday based on the forecast)?
Robert.W

Really isn't looking good. ITV Central are now reporting that Wicker Man will not open tomorrow sadly.