Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
CJH

You only have to look back to the cross valley woodie plans to show it is possible! There is much more land than the gardens in the valley!
Chris 21 Manchester
Deejay

I would like to see a Rocky Mountain Hybrid Starting in the Dark Forest and diving 200ft into the valley and up the other side  to the Air carpark and interacting with newly excavated land before diving back across the valley!!..I think they would have to change the pinky orange steel tracks to a more neutral colour, other than that they are quieter and smoother than standard woodies and something that I think towers would like the sound of. Even tho the GP don't want wood coasters they could market this as 'scary as wood, safe as steel'???

B&M are my favourite coaster manufacturer and I believe they will have a 4D model of the wingrider before too long but I'm not too sure who will get the first one?? I just hope that if we do get this prototype then the actual coaster that goes with it is not really short or a let down.

B&M are going to have to start really thinking outside the box if they are to find new coaster types to add to their catalogue! Im sure something AWESOME is going to come soon tho! I envisage that they will start to cross model their coasters like Looping Hypers, Inverted Standup's, Winged Hypers or maybe even go down the Launched 'speed' coaster or hybrid wood/steel road???
Altontowersbarlow

maybey a winged rollercoaster in the place of the flume themed on a kraken type monster or even in forbidden valley something like underground like a physco coaster 
Altontowersbarlow

good idea however the wooden coasters are just not that capable of the thrills of steels and im not sure how they could theme it possibly beast or something like that ?
EC!

I'd love an intamin wing coaster, the train type where the inner seats are on the track and the two outer seats are winged and off the track.
http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amuseme ... fault.aspx

It would be great for a cross valley coaster. Loads of airtime and It could be a terrain hugging now which could be awesome and it doesn't have to be mega tall :)
Altontowersbarlow

yeah great idea but how could they theme it  :D :|
JayTricky

altontowersbarlow wrote:

good idea however the wooden coasters are just not that capable of the thrills of steels and im not sure how they could theme it possibly beast or something like that ?
Take a look at Iron Rattler, New Texas Giant and Outlaw Run. Hybrid wooden coasters that are INSANELY smooth and don't cost a lot to build. They are very very thrilling.

One of these crossing the valley would probably be the best coaster in the world, hands down.
EC!

altontowersbarlow wrote: yeah great idea but how could they theme it  :D :|
Oh I'm sure they'd find a way ;) I mean sky rush in Hershey park isn't themed that much :D
jb19852

DeeJayUK wrote:
B&M are going to have to start really thinking outside the box if they are to find new coaster types to add to their catalogue! Im sure something AWESOME is going to come soon tho! I envisage that they will start to cross model their coasters like Looping Hypers, Inverted Standup's, Winged Hypers or maybe even go down the Launched 'speed' coaster or hybrid wood/steel road???
Lol @ Inverted Standup - thats just, well, not possible.

Your comment on a winged hyper though is interesting. It would be a great ride for the valley
EC!

jb19852 wrote:
DeeJayUK wrote:
Lol @ Inverted Standup - thats just, well, not possible.

Your comment on a winged hyper though is interesting. It would be a great ride for the valley
like i posted before intamin do a sort of winged hyper where the inner two seats are on the track and the two outer seats are winged and off the track. maurer sohne do a version of this type of train as well called aptly the X-Train :)
AniaPotter

Whatever this is going to be it will be amazing  :D I mean its Alton Towers we're talking about! However I dont want to see another dark ride. That is all we really seem to be getting and even to make it thrilling but just theme it nicely would be better, especially if it was on the flume site or Airs car park. I think those are the most likely sites although it may also be one of the places Sonic is getting moved to.
Henry

I really think that SW8 (if its called that) should be a B&M but i want it to be an Intamin launched wing rider like Furius Baco but didnt B&M say that they were ready for launches? If so what about Alton having the first B&M launch?

On another point it should be in the Air carpark
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Altontowersbarlow

yeah could be they could call it something like lava fitting in with the theme of the area and then it could be like blue(air) against red(lava) probally a rubbish idea on my part but thought it could work just as another idea they could weave it imbetween rocks and water effects. :D
AniaPotter

I really liked the idea of an element themed coaster! Depending on how it was built, the theming and effects could be absolutely fabulous haha  :D
Themeparksandy1981

I think the next SW8 will be indoors,wooden or water coaster.
sam_ph777

I'd like to see the next secret weapon not containing an indoor section like Th13teen, The Smiler etc. Just a top class coaster with no break at the start or end.
DrReeve

Henry wrote: I really think that SW8 (if its called that) should be a B&M but i want it to be an Intamin launched wing rider like Furius Baco but didnt B&M say that they were ready for launches? If so what about Alton having the first B&M launch?

On another point it should be in the Air carpark
its unlikely with Rita still pretty fresh in my terms a launch won't be next
Image credit to Lewis97
Benjsh

I'd love them to build an indoor coaster somewhere in the park for SW8. And I don't mean an indoor section but a coaster totally indoors like Black hole was. I miss that ride so much.

With the height restrictions, it's difficult to see what else they could build. Most of the major coasters being built these days require a fair amount of height. They have been clever with The Smiler though to be fair. Will they do it again.

I have a feeling though that SW8 is going to be going on the Flume site rather than Air Car Park. The Flume is a total shambles and needs replacing fast.
Heisenberg96

Mutiny Bay would be a poor place for sw8. The themeing of the area isn't suited to having a huge ride. Though I'd like to see a water coaster
scw55

With SW6, it was shown that SWs can be for the families, not just thrill-seekers.

So SW8 could be a more-tame water ride themed around Katana Kanyon.